Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * * - 1 votes

[Merged] Ghost caught on film?


  • Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1    Subsonicjourno

Subsonicjourno

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 208 posts
  • Joined:25 Oct 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Britain

  • https://www.facebook.com/Unconqueredseries

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:57 PM

http://www.mancheste...-camera-6717451 friend of mine posted this news story on facebook. Looked pretty freaky.

The freaky footage, which appears to show a shadowy figure flickering into view by the bar, was filmed at Ye Olde Man and Scythe in Bolton.

Manager Tony Dooley spotted the spectre when he checked the cameras on Friday morning and found they had mysteriously stopped recording at 6.18am.

The freaky footage, which appears to show a shadowy figure flickering into view by the bar, was filmed at Ye Olde Man and Scythe in Bolton.



#2    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

    Dynamic Interactions Coordinator Of Paradoxes.

  • Member
  • 3,025 posts
  • Joined:10 Sep 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Year next Tuesday!

  • My youtube channel, Has horror stories and skits.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCreepyCorridor

Posted 17 February 2014 - 05:42 PM

View PostSubsonicjourno, on 17 February 2014 - 01:57 PM, said:

http://www.mancheste...-camera-6717451 friend of mine posted this news story on facebook. Looked pretty freaky.

The freaky footage, which appears to show a shadowy figure flickering into view by the bar, was filmed at Ye Olde Man and Scythe in Bolton.
Manager Tony Dooley spotted the spectre when he checked the cameras on Friday morning and found they had mysteriously stopped recording at 6.18am.
The freaky footage, which appears to show a shadowy figure flickering into view by the bar, was filmed at Ye Olde Man and Scythe in Bolton.
Any chance your mate/friend can show us a photo of that camera during the day so we can compare it to night?

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route and find out what really happened.


#3    rashore

rashore

    Telekinetic

  • 6,816 posts
  • Joined:26 Feb 2010
  • Gender:Female

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:18 PM

Guess this one is starting to make the rounds- another thread just got locked and redirected here by someone posting the story a friend shared with them.

I thought the video interesting. The flickering lights, and whatever it is in the middle that lights up for a couple frames. Looks creepy as hell whatever it is. A pity that the reason for the camera malfunction isn't noted in the article.
A couple notions.. Perhaps some decor that reflected really weird for a couple moments? Or whatever it is showed up as part of the camera malfunction? Or the footage manipulated?


#4    *Frank*

*Frank*

    Extraterrestrial Entity

  • Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts
  • Joined:10 Aug 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:England

  • Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?

Posted 17 February 2014 - 11:25 PM

It would be easy to create something like this with compositing software. That doesn't mean it isn't real... but I don't think it is.

There was a SIGNATURE here. It's gone now.

#5    goldenjo

goldenjo

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Joined:15 Feb 2014
  • Gender:Male

Posted 18 February 2014 - 01:02 AM

damn thats really creepy!

Removed link to commercial site - see rule 1a

#6    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

    Dynamic Interactions Coordinator Of Paradoxes.

  • Member
  • 3,025 posts
  • Joined:10 Sep 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Year next Tuesday!

  • My youtube channel, Has horror stories and skits.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCreepyCorridor

Posted 18 February 2014 - 01:18 AM

View PostBrian Topp, on 17 February 2014 - 05:42 PM, said:

Any chance your mate/friend can show us a photo of that camera during the day so we can compare it to night?

Sorry, I thought your friend was the pub owner.

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route and find out what really happened.


#7    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

    Dynamic Interactions Coordinator Of Paradoxes.

  • Member
  • 3,025 posts
  • Joined:10 Sep 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Year next Tuesday!

  • My youtube channel, Has horror stories and skits.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCreepyCorridor

Posted 18 February 2014 - 01:43 AM

I have a few theories on this case.

A) Ambulance/Police lights, This can causes shadows and random movement a long the wall.

B). Constant over taping the tape, The blinking and imagines are over lapping video footage, There been a few cases where the timer has had two numbers in it. Look at frame 15 and frame 27.

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route and find out what really happened.


#8    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

    Secret Jesus

  • Member
  • 3,005 posts
  • Joined:11 Jun 2011
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 18 February 2014 - 01:46 AM

View PostBrian Topp, on 18 February 2014 - 01:43 AM, said:

I have a few theories on this case.

A) Ambulance/Police lights, This can causes shadows and random movement a long the wall.

B). Constant over taping the tape, The blinking and imagines are over lapping video footage, There been a few cases where the timer has had two numbers in it. Look at frame 15 and frame 27.
First thing that came my mind was that the flickering lights and movement of some of the shadows on the walls seemed consistent with an emergency vehicle driving past outside the pub.  Dunno about the actual ghost thing though that appears in the middle of the frame at one point.

Edited by JesseCuster, 18 February 2014 - 01:46 AM.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

#9    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

    Dynamic Interactions Coordinator Of Paradoxes.

  • Member
  • 3,025 posts
  • Joined:10 Sep 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Year next Tuesday!

  • My youtube channel, Has horror stories and skits.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCreepyCorridor

Posted 18 February 2014 - 02:23 AM

View PostJesseCuster, on 18 February 2014 - 01:46 AM, said:

First thing that came my mind was that the flickering lights and movement of some of the shadows on the walls seemed consistent with an emergency vehicle driving past outside the pub.  Dunno about the actual ghost thing though that appears in the middle of the frame at one point.
I forgot to mention it is recorded in black and white.

Well having to work my security cam at work, Sometimes when random light flickers at the camera, it gets over whelmed with lights or even movement it can glitch but i believe firmly it is a reflection.

Edited by Brian Topp, 18 February 2014 - 02:24 AM.

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route and find out what really happened.


#10    shaddow134

shaddow134

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts
  • Joined:25 Apr 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Northern Ontario

  • "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates

Posted 18 February 2014 - 02:26 AM

I am very skeptical about this,the abundance of light coming in from passing traffic,and as already been mentioned constant over taping,personally i agree with Mr Topp and I would put my money on reflection.There is nothing paranormal here...

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schulz

#11    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

    Dynamic Interactions Coordinator Of Paradoxes.

  • Member
  • 3,025 posts
  • Joined:10 Sep 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Year next Tuesday!

  • My youtube channel, Has horror stories and skits.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCreepyCorridor

Posted 18 February 2014 - 02:48 AM

As JesseCuster said on a different topic. If the people who submit the footage gave the specs of the device they use would help us understand and eliminate possibilities. I wish we could see a few seconds of the same camera but recorded during the day, it will help give us more insight if the "ghost" head is a reflection or not.

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route and find out what really happened.


#12    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

    Dynamic Interactions Coordinator Of Paradoxes.

  • Member
  • 3,025 posts
  • Joined:10 Sep 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Year next Tuesday!

  • My youtube channel, Has horror stories and skits.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCreepyCorridor

Posted 18 February 2014 - 04:46 AM

View PostJesseCuster, on 18 February 2014 - 01:46 AM, said:

First thing that came my mind was that the flickering lights and movement of some of the shadows on the walls seemed consistent with an emergency vehicle driving past outside the pub.  Dunno about the actual ghost thing though that appears in the middle of the frame at one point.
they gave time date and location, I am going to check the map and see  if there is cross roads. then I check to see if there were any police and ambulence records

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route and find out what really happened.


#13    dr no

dr no

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,438 posts
  • Joined:27 May 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The North of England

  • Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep thoughts can be winnowed from deep nonsense.
    Carl Sagan

Posted 18 February 2014 - 06:34 AM

I've been drinking in that pub a few times (sells a particularly strong cider that its famous for)Its not on a busy road,I wouldn't swear to it but I think its a dead end a couple of 100 metres past the pub.However there is a crossroads further up the street,in the opposite direction, that is quite busy.As I haven't been in the pub for many years I'm having trouble working out where the cctv camera is in relation to the road outside but I'm going for some kind of light reflection as the likely reason for the images


#14    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

    Dynamic Interactions Coordinator Of Paradoxes.

  • Member
  • 3,025 posts
  • Joined:10 Sep 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Year next Tuesday!

  • My youtube channel, Has horror stories and skits.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCreepyCorridor

Posted 18 February 2014 - 07:23 AM

View Postdr no, on 18 February 2014 - 06:34 AM, said:

I've been drinking in that pub a few times (sells a particularly strong cider that its famous for)Its not on a busy road,I wouldn't swear to it but I think its a dead end a couple of 100 metres past the pub.However there is a crossroads further up the street,in the opposite direction, that is quite busy.As I haven't been in the pub for many years I'm having trouble working out where the cctv camera is in relation to the road outside but I'm going for some kind of light reflection as the likely reason for the images
do you have the exact address?

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route and find out what really happened.


#15    quillius

quillius

    52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

  • Member
  • 4,983 posts
  • Joined:04 Aug 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:LONDON

  • A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
    Albert Einstein

Posted 18 February 2014 - 12:09 PM

It would be good to know the position of 'Cam 1' as this was Cam 2. Did cam 1 also malfunction?
also note the shadow on the right hand wall at around 28 seconds.

At around one oclock position there is some kind of light source akin to a door partly opening, this happens at the start just seconds prior to the flashing lights.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users