Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The only way to WIN

and-then

http://abcnews.go.com/International/chicago-doctor-killed-afghan-hospital-attack-devoted-children/story?id=23456989

This story is amazing. How many of us would be strong enough to do what this widow has done?

• Like 2

http://abcnews.go.co...ory?id=23456989

This story is amazing. How many of us would be strong enough to do what this widow has done?

Its not about strong enough, its to do with believing in a religion which helps you deal with losing a loved one, this is the reason why I believe humans create religions and belief systems in the 1st place and although I am not religious, I fully understand this logic.

If a religion can help a person deal with a lose of a loved one and continue without hating others or even life, then IMO noone can take that away from them and has no right to.

I do not mean to under rate the word strong, but people deal with their loses in different ways, all those who do not live the rest of their life with hate and revenge in their hearts without religion....are equally as strong.

I wish this woman peace....which considering the circumstances behind the death of her husband, is not easy to do, but, I hope her religionn helps her find it, although it does not necessarily ease the pain, it helps to deal with it better without making it grow through hating.

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 2

Its not about strong enough, its to do with believing in a religion which helps you deal with losing a loved one, this is the reason why I believe humans create religions and belief systems in the 1st place and although I am not religious, I fully understand this logic.

If a religion can help a person deal with a lose of a loved one and continue without hating others or even life, then IMO noone can take that away from them and has no right to.

I do not mean to under rate the word strong, but people deal with their loses in different ways, all those who do not live the rest of their life with hate and revenge in their hearts without religion....are equally as strong.

I wish this woman peace....which considering the circumstances behind the death of her husband, is not easy to do, but, I hope her religionn helps her find it, although it does not necessarily ease the pain, it helps to deal with it better without making it grow through hating.

Well now that's true. If a person will meditate and seek peace with their inner god-like-self, they will eventually find the strength to be at peace.

The mind itself, is a powerful tool that can heal on it's own. No belief in elemental gods and religions required.

• Like 3

I'm the opposite of your opinion freetoroam, I think God does exist and this. is a person who is truly inspired by their own image of God. I'm sure religion has been manipulated endlessly throughout the centuries and going, but I do believe there is indeed a higher, intelligent power regardless of that. I believe people deny the existence of God for any number of reasons, one of them is fear and the another is outright arrogance. This is an inspiring story about forgiveness. These days it's so easy to hold a grudge, speaking from personal experience, since some people can be real *******s. Having read this, it helps put things in perspective for me. Thanks for sharing andthen.

• Like 1

I'm the opposite of your opinion freetoroam, I think God does exist and this. is a person who is truly inspired by their own image of God. I'm sure religion has been manipulated endlessly throughout the centuries and going, but I do believe there is indeed a higher, intelligent power regardless of that. I believe people deny the existence of God for any number of reasons, one of them is fear and the another is outright arrogance. This is an inspiring story about forgiveness. These days it's so easy to hold a grudge, speaking from personal experience, since some people can be real *******s. Having read this, it helps put things in perspective for me. Thanks for sharing andthen.

Not believing in a god has nothng to do with fear or arrogance.

While respecting your choice to believe in a god, I could quite easily say this choice is down to fear too...fear of coping with a traumstic situation on your own (within your own mind and heart)......please do not read that wrong, as I do believe humans created religion AND other belief systems which are not god based as a way to deal with it and IMO is logical as we are not all as "strong" as we would like to believe in certain situations and sometimes we need something or someone to turn to.

To say that choosing not to believe in a god is "outright arrogant" is...well..........is outright arrogant and shows a disrespect to those who have chosen and found solace in another belief system without a god.

BUT.....I do wish you peace....although not god based on my part. ;)

• Like 2

Not believing in a god has nothng to do with fear or arrogance.

While respecting your choice to believe in a god, I could quite easily say this choice is down to fear too...fear of coping with a traumstic situation on your own (within your own mind and heart)......please do not read that wrong, as I do believe humans created religion AND other belief systems which are not god based as a way to deal with it and IMO is logical as we are not all as "strong" as we would like to believe in certain situations and sometimes we need something or someone to turn to.

To say that choosing not to believe in a god is "outright arrogant" is...well..........is outright arrogant and shows a disrespect to those who have chosen and found solace in another belief system without a god.

BUT.....I do wish you peace....although not god based on my part. ;)

Well the lady is a shining example of what love is supposed to be about - regardless her source. Her's happens to be the love of Christ. I only posted this to share hope, not create another thread dissecting faith of others. We all believe as we will and when we can get peace from it without harming others - that should be applauded I think, not examined and classified. But that's just me.
  • Like 4

Well the lady is a shining example of what love is supposed to be about - regardless her source. Her's happens to be the love of Christ. I only posted this to share hope, not create another thread dissecting faith of others. We all believe as we will and when we can get peace from it without harming others - that should be applauded I think, not examined and classified. But that's just me.

Her source was her husbands religion, she says so and "made it clear", I certainly was not dissecting her faith, but there is nothing wrong with discussing why she forgave, at the end of the day, you did ask how many of us could do that, I was just pointing out, many could, religious or not .

Many also could not.....religious or not.

Peace.

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 1

The only way to WIN

just retreat from middle east

ez

• Like 1

The only way to WIN

ez

Nah, they'll just follow us back home. But THIS lady was able to forgive and so she can be at peace.

The only way to WIN

ez

Big <SMILE>

:clap:

• Like 1

Big <SMILE>

:clap:

So much for "Boston Strong", eh? ;)

Nah, they'll just follow us back home. But THIS lady was able to forgive and so she can be at peace.

A classic Bush administration talking point. If they're not here, they can't hurt us. If you can't stop them you can't even control your own border. So stop controlling theirs.

• Like 1

Nah, they'll just follow us back home.

a big LOL ... let me guess... the EVIL TERRORISTS would follow Americans home and bring TERROR to your homes? Jesus you sound like Bush the stupidest president of America ever

So go hug a suicide bomber?

So go hug a suicide bomber?

No, but forgive the act once it's done IF you'd have any peace in your own life afterward. The point - is about the catharsis of forgiveness. Apparently it's wasted on you. And the guy who posted above you. The good news is it's there anytime you're willing to accept it.