Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

North Korea the real threat?

Dowdy

Not much has been talked about North Korea in hear. I always believed that North Korea was much more of a threat than the middle east terrorists.

I was watching this documentry about North Korea last night and their hatered towards the USA is overwhelming, starting when they are in primary school. The host (the host was British) of the documentry went to a primary school and asked the children what they thought about Bush. Their views were quite disturbing as the hatered the child viewed, and at such a young age too.

She than interviewed one of NK generals. The general was happy to discuss NK nuclear arsenal and how he would use it against the USA.

The concentration camps were most disturbing. If you commit a crime, not only you get punished but three generation of your family get punished aswell 'to weed out all criminal seeds'. One time 31 members were executed in a camp because of a crime one or two of their family members did. One FORMER prision officer of camp 22 told how they were using prisioners to test chemical and biological weapons on them. He told how one time he used suffocation gas on a whole family. One account from an escapee from a camp told how one time she was told to give 50 lettuce leaves to 50 prisioners, she was told not to eat them, and before she gave them all out she heard screams coming from prisioners "MY STOMACH!!" and they started vomiting and bleeding from the mouth and butt. Never in her life had she seen so much blood. crying.gif

this is a link to the show i watched

What are your views on North Korea?

Edited by Dowdy

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wunarmdscissor

• Talon

• bathory

• Babs

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

if they want to build WMD's and target the US, let them.

But before they get a chance, this is what Dubya would do.

post-63-1089769688.gif

That sounds horrible. Kim Jong I...whatever his name is... is quite strange. whistling2.gif He's a true psychopath.

That looks good to me hunterkiller2001 thumbsup.gif

are you aware the current state of capatilism actully resulted from a capatilist revolution?

Luckily for us China will only put up with so much nonsense fron North Korea before they go and "Talk" to them, so at least we have that going for us.

of course North Korea is a threat, noone is saying otherwise, however diplomacy still has a chance there, with North Koreas neighbours trying to work things out, along with the US.

I saw that documentary a few months agohere dowdy.

The hatred their taught in their schools about america is frightening.

They clearly test chemical weapons on innocent people.

The problem withem is that unlike Iraq whist it may be a third world country it is still far more developed millitarily, has an existing biological, chemical and Nuclear weapons programme.

They would be a much harder nut to crack in a war. they also alledgedly have the potential to nuke america as well which is extremely scary.

And surprisingly I agree totally with Babs kim jong is an absolute nutjob.

They do scare me hopefully tho their neigh bours can talk some sense into them.

I actually watched a very interesting programme before the Iraq war started, when surprisingly I DID support it, that the real reason for the war in Iraq was completley stategic with a veiw to neutralising North Korea, basically using Iraq as a base to launch a massive attack if th threat became to much.

I didnt really believe it at the time.

with their bein no WMD's in Iraw an such like im not so sure any more.

I think it highly unlikely the world will take any military action against North Korea precisely because they have WMD's. Unlike Iraq, who I never believed had them anyway, countries like North Korea, Iran etc, not only have these weapons but their leaders have the disregard for any life other than their own to use them.

The final proof for me that Saddam had no WMD's was when he didn't use them.

As for Kim Jong Il's insanity, i think you guys are right he is mad, but then that is what he was raised to be by his dear, departed father, the President in Perpetuity of the country.

Luckily for us China will only put up with so much nonsense fron North Korea

That might be so, but no one can beat China.

It is a country of 1.4 billion people.

Heck - they can lose 55 million people (the sum of causulties of ww2) and still their economy won't be affected!

China needs no allies in order to fight America. On the other hand, America will probably need Russia and Europe's help against China, which they will never get.

So China can support any action of N. Korea that doesn't hurt it, because they could win a war against the US by their sheer number.

True enough to a point. But all those soldiers won't mean a thing if they can't transport them anywhere. Our Air Force and Navy are far superior to theirs. With their fleet and air power taken out; their troops would be effectively stuck on the mainland and easily bombed...

Not that i'm suggesting we should, but we could. And I think China knows this, which is why we have had relatively little friction between us lately..

Very interesting. I hope we can talk and negotiate with Kim Jong Il. ...I don't want to see war there. Kim Jong Il. ... he's a real trip. rolleyes.gif I've read some things about him; he's real freaky.

I also agree with Falco about China...I think we could handle that...not that it would be easy: something to think about.

The problem will be_ down the road_ we don't want to spread ourselves thin.

Edited by Babs

China needs no allies in order to fight America. On the other hand, America will probably need Russia and Europe's help against China, which they will never get.

numbers mean nothing if they can't support the army, in a conventional war without bleeding heart liberals whining about civilian casualties, the US would dominate simply because of their air/naval superiority, however we have to remember that both are nuclear powers, and the threat of the US turning a large portion of china into a crater isn't something to take lightly.

In the end though, it would be an incredibly bloody and drawn out affair

Edited by bathory

yeah bathory your right.

Lets just hope it doesnt happen.

Both countries have intercontinental capability

We'd all be in a bit of a pickle.

without bleeding heart liberals whining about civilian casualties,

That is so funny...

Had I read the above quote I would have guessed it to be from joc...I guess bathory has a new mentor...

Lord knows that you can't give a damn about innocent civilian casualties unless you're a liberal, of the bleeding heart variety...

There doesn't seem to be a clickable smilie that rolls its eyes quite violently enough to be appropriate here, so this will have to do:

rolleyes.gif

Had I read the above quote I would have guessed it to be from joc...I guess bathory has a new mentor...

Ahem...Bathory thinks for himself and as most of you, disagrees with me on a number of issues....

Lord knows that you can't give a damn about innocent civilian casualties unless you're a liberal, of the bleeding heart variety...

We are all concerned about the loss of innocent life. The difference is that the BHLs are concerned about it so much that they think any war effort should be abandoned which is a ludicrous position to say the least.

bwahahahaahahahahahahahhaa!!!! china is GOD!! *has to much chinese pride* altho Japan is still the leader in technology!

but yes china will take care of NK if they start getting outta hand grin2.gif

oh puhlease

If the US and China were to go to war, in a conventional war the US would most likely dominate, if they aren't restricted by politics back home, ie bleeding heart liberals complaining about inadvertant civilian casualties, because as it stands China wouldn't be worried about inflicting civilian casualties on the US.

i mean really, imagine what would have happened during WW2 if the bleeding heart liberals had whined about the bombing of German civilians/factories,, imagine if they had whined about the US nuking Japan, imagine the bloody cost of trying to fight a conventional war with such restraints.

i don't need to take lessons from Joc to have a realistic stance in regards to warfare.

BAthory

You cant compare WW2 to this war though and that is where your argument stalls.

WW2 was far more black and white them or us. And we knew exactly who Them were.

Now , who exactly is THEM. this is the problem with them.

What im sayin is that it would depend on why china and america where goin to war as to how the public's of both countries where to react.

disgust.gif

I SAID CONVENTIONAL WAR

ie

Hi we are china government

Hi we are america government

Have at thee america imperialist pig!

Have at thee china commie b******!

cue lots of fireworks

cue lots of deaths

cue 'We know who we are fighting against'

bathory wrote:

...in a conventional war the U.S. would most likely dominate, if they aren't restricted by polictics back home, ie bleeding heart liberals complaining about inadvertant civilian casualities...

That's at the crux of the whole problem; these BHL's want to tie one hand behind your back and say, " GO FOR IT!" wacko.gifwhistling2.gif How in the world can you win a war when you have people handicapping you?

Right on, bathory thumbsup.gif

Hi we are china government

Hi we are america government

Have at thee america imperialist pig!

Have at thee china commie b******!

cue lots of fireworks

cue lots of deaths

cue 'We know who we are fighting against'

Thats Hillarious... tongue.gif

Ahhh the good old days of war...different uniforms...easy to tell the difference... Black hat/White hat kind of stuff...

Ahhh the good old days of war...different uniforms...easy to tell the difference... Black hat/White hat kind of stuff...

Exactly! It is so different now. I know you have an ax to grind against Bush because you believe he intentionally drove us down the road to war without a just cause. But what you said here tongue in cheek speaks volumes about the reality of the war we have in our laps now. It isn't black and white. One simply cannot make judgements about it all based on newspaper reports and soundbites.

I believe there were WMDs. I believe it because Saddam went to such extreme measures to hide something. Libya now suddenly has WMDs and has no problem turning them all over...mustard gas...nuclear stuff...why? Perhaps because they weren't really Omars stuff to begin with.

I trust Bush. I don't trust Kerry. I trust Bush because he is doing what he said he was going to do and at great political risk is not going to take the easy road and just 'see what happens'.

Anyway...that's what I think. Thanks for listening. wink2.gif

North Korea's population are brainwashed to hate the west, but the government knows the truth. It is likely since they are aware of the might of NATO they will not attack us. Equally as they have WMD it is unlikely we'll attack them.

As for China. In a war fought with sticks and stones they'd win. However America is just to industrialised for China to win a modern war (assuming nukes are not used). Plus American would have NATO allies. However I don't see China going to war with America... ever.

I believe there were WMDs.

Course, we in the west sold them to him tongue.gif