Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Why can't we just have fun all the time?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#16    euroninja

euroninja

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

• John 14:16
    Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the father, but by me.

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:23 PM

View Postpantodragon, on 04 March 2013 - 05:02 PM, said:

The above remark is the mosdt utter nonsense but it's just exactly what they want you to think.
You must still be young and naive. Are you still in a trendy school whining for dad's money?

Edited by euroninja, 07 March 2013 - 11:26 PM.

Man plans and God laughs.

#17    StarMountainKid

StarMountainKid

Cheese

• 4,099 posts

• We have problems because we stray from what is innocent and pure.

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:29 AM

Those who are controlled and manipulated and don't realize it or don't care are the real danger to the health of a society.

The acceptance of authority does not lead to intelligence.
A mind untouched by thought...the end of knowledge.
My credentials: http://www.unexplain...ic=87935&st=225

#18    Render

Render

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,080 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:40 PM

Wow, the concept of gamification, like any other thing you've brought up on this forum, has gone right over your head again.
It's funny how you have to turn everything in a conspirarcy theory because of your obviously insecure ego.

Thinking you're in the know and have to explain everything to the "not-knowing" gives you a sense of importance. While actually you're just talking about nothing and wasting all your time. Time you could use to get some self-insight or possibly actually learn stuff about the concepts you bring up instead of immediately twisting into this dark obscure intention of the evil scientists trying to take over the world. This isn't Spiderman, come back to reality won't you.
Your insecurity makes you call everyone stupid who calls you on your BS, because you have to keep persuading yourself you're smart to online people. So transparant, it's kinda sad.

Maybe check with a psychologist for your paranoia issues.

A great example of the very positive influence of gamification:

It all basically means the exact opposite of your little rant. Instead of treating humans like machines who only have to work and go home, they're trying to humanize it all again and take into account what people like to do to give some energy back into their dreadful daily schedules. But of course, im assuming you wont get it yet..first you need to work on yourself.

#19    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,167 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:54 PM

View Postpantodragon, on 02 March 2013 - 03:48 PM, said:

can’t pull my thoughts together into some coherent order
Whats new?

#20    Render

Render

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,080 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:56 PM

Im pretty sure they have medication for that.

#21    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,503 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:04 PM

View Postnotoverrated, on 07 March 2013 - 11:21 PM, said:

video games are pretty cool, its nice to just relax and shoot something.
Learn to DIY bow hunt. It's far from relaxing but will stimulate you in ways that that you probably have not considered.

Edited by Seeker79, 10 March 2013 - 11:04 PM.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#22    Finity

Finity

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:55 AM

View Posteuroninja, on 03 March 2013 - 11:53 PM, said:

The reaility is most jobs are expendable. There are only a handful of gifted people running the shows.

Very true, which is why I think nothing of taking advantage of them ;)

#23    pantodragon

pantodragon

Remote Viewer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:44 PM

View PostRender, on 08 March 2013 - 12:40 PM, said:

It all basically means the exact opposite of your little rant. Instead of treating humans like machines who only have to work and go home, they're trying to humanize it all again and take into account what people like to do to give some energy back into their dreadful daily schedules. But of course, im assuming you wont get it yet..first you need to work on yourself.

Well, they see you coming, don't they?  Have you ever taken your head out the internet and actually looked about you?

#24    pantodragon

pantodragon

Remote Viewer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:51 PM

View PostRlyeh, on 08 March 2013 - 12:54 PM, said:

Whats new?

You have defeated me.  Your insightful and perceptive analysis of my post has gone right to the heart of the issues and laid bare the inconsistencies, the fallacies and the groundlessness of my most cherished ideas which I now see were nothing more than hogwash.  Well done.  I am chastened.  I will go back to the drawing board and completely rethink my thesis.  maybe you could give me a few pointers?

#25    pantodragon

pantodragon

Remote Viewer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:54 PM

View PostRender, on 08 March 2013 - 12:56 PM, said:

Im pretty sure they have medication for that.

Please!  No more!  I have been intellectually disected and exposed in all my foolishness by the previous poster (What's new?).  I have been corrected and have retired with my tail between my legs, intending not to return until I have taken the medication and got my head sorted out.

#26    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,361 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:57 PM

We are having fun all the time; the world is a game.  What else could it possibly be?

#27    pantodragon

pantodragon

Remote Viewer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:41 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 14 March 2013 - 03:57 PM, said:

We are having fun all the time; the world is a game.  What else could it possibly be?

Are you having fun all the time?  If you are, you may be unique.  Just take a look around you.  Does it look like people are having fun all the time?  It looks to me more like they are scared, and bored, and angry and tired and dull-eyed and sick.

#28    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,255 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:50 PM

View Postpantodragon, on 18 March 2013 - 04:41 PM, said:

Are you having fun all the time?  If you are, you may be unique.  Just take a look around you.  Does it look like people are having fun all the time?  It looks to me more like they are scared, and bored, and angry and tired and dull-eyed and sick.
They are scared but they are able to contain it and does not effect them when working or being with family and friends.
It seems you are scared of everything, you have no self confidence and have no courage to defend yourself

#29    pantodragon

pantodragon

Remote Viewer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:29 PM

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 18 March 2013 - 05:50 PM, said:

They are scared but they are able to contain it and does not effect them when working or being with family and friends.
It seems you are scared of everything, you have no self confidence and have no courage to defend yourself

You have spotted that my posts do tend to be a little contentious, have you?   You have spotted that they attract a lot of flak?  You have noticed that I mount a confident defence? --- Ooops!  No you haven't!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users