Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I can move faster through shadows, why ?

dellwine

I just found out that when im in a shadow, I can move faster, than in light ( natural / artificial ), I have seen than in a darker shadow I can move even faster, so like, the darker the sadhow the faster I can move, my perception of time stays the same, but I can see my body moveing faster, I I can feel the surroundings in a little diferent way too. its not a big diference, I only realize like 1 week ago, so I have to master it first. But in a dark shadow, I can move up to 75-80% faster that in the street light, with the same effort.

• Like 1

I usualy dont run on the streets, but that night I was in a rush, and I was just runing, takeing a shortcut through the dark allies, and I just realise when I entered a shadow I just got "kick" out of no where, my leg ware a little lighter, and the air was not pushing me back anymore, like it was not there, and when I exit the shadow, I just like got hit by a wave of air, and slow down again. was not big diference, and the shadow was small, like 3 meters , so it all happend preaty fast. but I tryed it other nights and it realy works, I can realy move faster through sadows. I must learn this thing good so I can say "I can move through shadows" .

I forgot to say that I have studys the metaphisics and other stuff like that in the last 2 years, and its no wonder for me I start to put the thing in my mind "in practice" , the thing like, "manipulating the ilusion" that surrounds me.

Edited by dellwine

It's just your perception of movement is exagerated in the dark, I get the same sensation when I'm driving down the highway in the wee hours of the night. It feels and looks like I'm going 90, but alas I look at my speedometer and sure enough I'm doing 65. Has something to do you processing information in the foreground much faster than those in the back, giving a sensation of increased speed. May be related to motion parrallax as well.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/mental-mishaps/201002/i-run-faster-after-dark

This guy explains it pretty well.

• Like 4

I just found out that when im in a shadow, I can move faster, than in light ( natural / artificial ), I have seen than in a darker shadow I can move even faster, so like, the darker the sadhow the faster I can move, my perception of time stays the same, but I can see my body moveing faster, I I can feel the surroundings in a little diferent way too. its not a big diference, I only realize like 1 week ago, so I have to master it first. But in a dark shadow, I can move up to 75-80% faster that in the street light, with the same effort.

Welcome to UM.

This is pretty easy to test - get a fitness running app for your phone, run a few hundred metres in light, then run the exact same route in the dark.

I'm sure you'll see there's no difference. It's purely psychological. Video would be nice but screenshots from the app would be sufficient.

I run a faster 200m than Usain Bolt when I'm half drunk running home from the city at night ;)

Willing to give it a go?

• Like 3

you sound like your into ninja stuff, i might be wrong. maybe you have convinced your self of being able to move faster in shadow. you get excitable in the shadows and your adrenaline is kicking in.

• Like 3

I can move faster than most people in the water.

And run faster when I'm overdosed on red bull lol.

Welcome to UM

• Like 3

Stay well clear of moving traffic, machinery, armed civilians, cops and rooftops, young ninja.

• Like 4

i doubt it, but you could be running into more resistance from the light particles, or you just pick up the pace to get out these dark spaces faster.

Don't crash his hopes and dreams guys.

He just wants to be a shadow ninja.

And I want to be a war torn cyborg killing machine who forms an unlikely friendship with a small kitten and maybe, just maybe, learns to love again.

But we don't always get what we want.

• Like 6

I've got magical pee that can grant people eternal youth.

• Like 4

I'd like to purchase some of this pee you speak of.

Edited by Imaginarynumber1
  • Like 2

And I want to be a war torn cyborg killing machine who forms an unlikely friendship with a small kitten and maybe, just maybe, learns to love again.

But we don't always get what we want.

Maybe we could change the story? A grumpy, cynical, man finds a puppy on his way home, adopts it and makes his new life long best friend.

Maybe we could change the story? A grumpy, cynical, man finds a puppy on his way home, adopts it and makes his new life long best friend.

Cyborg or no go.

Well this was satisfyingly pulled off-topic.

:)

• Like 3

That would sell on e-bay like hot cakes!! Hell, just post an add on craigslist in Florida.

• Like 1