Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

pcychic ability and inate ability

elvirin

I'm new to this site and I would like to discuss our natural psychic ability. I feel that we, as human beings, all have these abilities but it is disbelief and self-doubt that prevents us from evolving to our true form.

I began having telepathic experiences as a young child of 6 or 7 and by the age of 18 I knew that the mind and it's potential was to be my main interest in life.

I've had experience in dream interpretation, clairvoyance, telepathy, mental sight, out of body experience, and self- hypnosis.

I have a websight: elvirin.tripod.com

Let's talk or you can visit my website and read my journal about my life experiences.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• elvirin

• Mattshark

• John from Lowell

• Psikillion

Your ten-one method is very interesting, I think I will try it sometime in the next few days.

And since you are new, Welcome to UM! And watch out for the skeptics they will probably either demand a video or that you go to a university. :P

-Psikillion

I'm new to this site and I would like to discuss our natural psychic ability. I feel that we, as human beings, all have these abilities but it is disbelief and self-doubt that prevents us from evolving to our true form.

I began having telepathic experiences as a young child of 6 or 7 and by the age of 18 I knew that the mind and it's potential was to be my main interest in life.

I've had experience in dream interpretation, clairvoyance, telepathy, mental sight, out of body experience, and self- hypnosis.

I have a websight: elvirin.tripod.com

Let's talk or you can visit my website and read my journal about my life experiences.

Can you back up you claims?

Your ten-one method is very interesting, I think I will try it sometime in the next few days.

And since you are new, Welcome to UM! And watch out for the skeptics they will probably either demand a video or that you go to a university. :P

-Psikillion

oh my gosh, you must be psychic! :P

Can you back up you claims?

I don't think this guy is trying to prove psi, just talk about experiences.

Demanding evidence from everyone regardless of the context of the situation is a bit silly.

Demanding evidence from everyone regardless of the context of the situation is a bit silly.

Not really, he made rather remarkable claims. How else can we test that he is not making a false claim?

Putting aside that the poster's apparent purpose is to increase traffic at his website, it is difficult to talk about something productively without addressing the question of whether or not the something exists.

I disagree with colleague psikillion about videos and universities. The poster made at least one testable claim, right here and right now.

I've had experience in dream interpretation...

This site is awash in dream reports. Pick a few and interpret them. Done. Then we would have something to talk about, on this forum.

oh my gosh, you must be psychic! :P

The pattern of all threads in the psychic abilities section of the forums are bound to be attacked by skeptics wanting proof.

If I were to post a thread about my experiences in communicating with my subconscious, I would most likely get covered by skeptics demanding proof when all I would have are experiences, how to do this and a few links that they would all dismiss as crap. Then they would ask for a video and they would "debunk" it saying that the video was planned out ahead of time. Then they would ask me to go to an university, where the scientists would dismiss any evidence as me remembering everything they test me on...

One needs to get used to that fact now.

Putting aside that the poster's apparent purpose is to increase traffic at his website, it is difficult to talk about something productively without addressing the question of whether or not the something exists.

I disagree with colleague psikillion about videos and universities. The poster made at least one testable claim, right here and right now.

This site is awash in dream reports. Pick a few and interpret them. Done. Then we would have something to talk about, on this forum.

Yes I personally disagree with using the videos and universities myself, because what psionic abilities I know do work and I find it pointless to try and prove them to people that are always going to say that this is fake.

I am just pointing out the obvious pattern, I am not saying that there are no testable claims.

If I can remember any of my dreams I will post it here so he can evaluate it, if he consents.

The pattern of all threads in the psychic abilities section of the forums are bound to be attacked by skeptics wanting proof.

If I were to post a thread about my experiences in communicating with my subconscious, I would most likely get covered by skeptics demanding proof when all I would have are experiences, how to do this and a few links that they would all dismiss as crap. Then they would ask for a video and they would "debunk" it saying that the video was planned out ahead of time. Then they would ask me to go to an university, where the scientists would dismiss any evidence as me remembering everything they test me on...

Yes I personally disagree with using the videos and universities myself, because what psionic abilities I know do work and I find it pointless to try and prove them to people that are always going to say that this is fake.

I am just pointing out the obvious pattern, I am not saying that there are no testable claims.

If I can remember any of my dreams I will post it here so he can evaluate it, if he consents.

Not really, if you can show them under controlled conditions then it will be accepted. It is the only fair to show this.

I like to encourage working with the subconscious. In my case, it has been and continues to be a source of great joy .... and healing.

It is also true thay 8 bits and I like to respond to many of the dream threads. This is when I like to reply on using my connection to their subconscious, that is if their inner guidance system would like the conscious one to receive an insight from me. 8 bits also has exceptional insights, that are shall we say, logical. Both are valid and useful as I see it.

John

Give me a break. There are millions of scientists who would LOVE to be the first to prove psychic abilities. They would win a nobel prize, and be world renowned for making a breakthrough in human development. Their name would go down in the history books forever.

And yet, none of them have.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum...howtopic=141581

Give me a break. There are millions of scientists who would LOVE to be the first to prove psychic abilities. They would win a nobel prize, and be world renowned for making a breakthrough in human development. Their name would go down in the history books forever.

What If,

In the interest of National Security,

this information has been surpressed.

Who can prove this has not happened.

John

What If,

John

What in every country in the world? Don't think so.

Also, far, far to difficult to suppress.

Edited by Mattshark

What If,

John

You can't prove a negative. And not being able to prove a negative doesn't validate your argument.

You can't prove a negative. And not being able to prove a negative doesn't validate your argument.

I do not have a frozen point of view on this. I have nothing to argue. I am doing my best to understand what is going on around me.

So I read some things, apply some things, experience some things, and evolve some conclusions. I know in my heart I do not understand very much.

John

-Psikillion

-Psikillion

Thank you for your reply to my thread and for welcoming me to UM. As you can see, the ten-one method is essentially a technique to achieve deep relaxation while still focusing the mind. I hope it works for you. Keep me posted. I wish you well.

I'm really not sure how I could 'back up my claims'. My website is actually autobiographical. I only created it to share with others my life experiences. I don't claim to be anything. If so, I would contact one of the many organizations that deal with the paranormal and make some type of claim. I'm interested in creating open and honest discussion. If I'm making any type of claim, it's my belief that we ALL possess, what we term, psychic abilities. These are natural and inate occurances. I think we have emormous potential, as humans.

I want to thank everyone for their replies to my thread. It appears there has been a misunderstanding. I do not claim to be able to interpret others' dreams. Actually, I have been fascinated by dreams, since I was a teenager. What are they exactly? Why do we have them? Are they a link to our subconcious? This is what started me on my journey. I was referring to our learning to interpret our own dreams. I have read many books on dream interpretation, have kept journals of my dreams, and over the years have learned to interpret them on my own. I still find the whole idea of dreams and the subconcious fascinating.

First of all, we need to take into consideration the cold, analytical, sterile environment most scientists would want to create, in order to test one's psychic abilities. In my opinion, we are infants when it comes to spiritual development and much to fragile to be able to recreate our experiences under these conditions. Are any of you familiar with Edgar Cayce? He demonstrated astounding abilities and had numerous witnesses attesting to his talents.

First of all, we need to take into consideration the cold, analytical, sterile environment most scientists would want to create, in order to test one's psychic abilities. In my opinion, we are infants when it comes to spiritual development and much to fragile to be able to recreate our experiences under these conditions. Are any of you familiar with Edgar Cayce? He demonstrated astounding abilities and had numerous witnesses attesting to his talents.

No he didn't.

Cayce made claims about the great pyramids age that where off by 8000 years.

He never once has shown any real evidence of being psychic.

There is a reason why you are expected to do them under controlled conditions. Means you can not cheat.