Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Obama 2nd term scorecard

Pyridium

Nov. 15, 2012. New unemployment claims 439,000. Dow closes at 12,500...down 700 since the re-election of Obama.

On election night, America was poised to say goodbye to our deepest recession since the depression. Business was ready to crank up the financial engine when Romney was elected. Regulations were going to be reversed to give business a fighting chance to prosper.

Obama won and elections have consequences. I want a productive and prosperous society and I wish the President well. Unfortunetly, we may end up back in a severe double dip recession and only Obama's scorecard will tell how deep it goes.

• Like 1

Aha but on his first tee shot he made a hole in one,

Has his 2nd term officially started yet?

It started for investors as soon as the results were official. The pompous ass will refuse to compromise - he won, remember? So of course that means he gets to decide everything. The House was also reelected though, substantially unchanged. So we have no action and I don't think the world can afford another 4 years of the US doing nothing. We'll soon see if the conspiracy theorists are right.

You realize that this is still his first term, right? The second hasn't even started yet. Hell, the election was 10 days ago.

You realize that this is still his first term, right? The second hasn't even started yet. Hell, the election was 10 days ago.

Of course. And YOU realize that people with common sense and money to invest can reasonably determine the probable gridlock that will continue and therefore refrain from risking their wealth? It's not an attempt to be argumentative. The fact that a majority of voters decided to put him in office so the goodies would keep coming doesn't in any way mean that the rest HAVE to be willing to voluntarily go along by investing in money losing efforts. If you were wealthy you wouldn't want to just throw it away would you?

Of course. And YOU realize that people with common sense and money to invest can reasonably determine the probable gridlock that will continue and therefore refrain from risking their wealth? It's not an attempt to be argumentative. The fact that a majority of voters decided to put him in office so the goodies would keep coming doesn't in any way mean that the rest HAVE to be willing to voluntarily go along by investing in money losing efforts. If you were wealthy you wouldn't want to just throw it away would you?

You do realize that the majority of people didn't vote him back in office for "freebies", right?

Thing is, the Stockmarket is tanking more because of Spain and Greece then Obama getting reelected.

• Like 2

Thing is, the Stockmarket is tanking more because of Spain and Greece then Obama getting reelected.

Stop making sense!

• Like 4

That and the fear that certain tax breaks the wealthiest enjoy will soon end, right? Better to take the money and run while they can because won't those dividends and profits probably cost them a little more in 2013?

The horror of only being able to buy a 120 foot yacht instead of a 130 foot yacht must be unbearable.

What is the point of this inane statement? Are you insinuating that Obama gets a pass for the next two months because his second term hasn't officially started?

That and the fear that certain tax breaks the wealthiest enjoy will soon end, right? Better to take the money and run while they can because won't those dividends and profits probably cost them a little more in 2013?

The horror of only being able to buy a 120 foot yacht instead of a 130 foot yacht must be unbearable.

It's easy to gloat over having won the ability to "make the *&%(^ 's pay" but it actually hurts no one significantly except those employed by the wealthy when the jobs go away. It's a stupid tactic that helps no one really.
  • Like 1

Well until January of 2013...I have no opinion as most people with a brain should...The second term does not actually begin until then. Everyone postulating anything else is a moron...it is what it is.

I am not pleased what the people chose this route. I really hoped for better...I actually thought that a third party had a serious shot at winning this year...how silly was I? A third party might have healed some of our wounds.

But just stop the stupid. The second term does not begin for another 2 months....you speculation is cheap and sad.

I just want to step back and lord over the stupidity of this election...most folks are showing the limits of their education...which is a ****g sad thing...we have learned that most people are just flat stupid...and have no desire within themselves to correct that...how damn sad is that?

2nd term scorecard?? I've got him down for a negative score for the first term, can it possibly get any lower? Wait, we are talking about Obama, so... I can't wait to see what he has in store for us in the next 4 years... :rolleyes:

In a sea full of sharks you don't want to be aboard a rubber life raft.

2nd term scorecard?? I've got him down for a negative score for the first term, can it possibly get any lower? Wait, we are talking about Obama, so... I can't wait to see what he has in store for us in the next 4 years... :rolleyes:

A Bear can face 1 wolf but not a whole pack.

Wow, Jeremiah, take a breath! Obama is in the middle of his 8 year term as President. What he has started thus far will continue for the next few months and the next 4 years. Why get all bent on a "date"? Obama's second term started on election night when the country found out that Obama care was indeed the law of the land and will create 40 new taxes in the next couple of years. 15,000 new IRS agents to keep track of all personal health care regulations. The rich will pay more in taxes and small business will get even more regulations that will hurt the economy. If Romney had won the election, the stock market would be up 500 points now instead of down 700.

I am just keeping score for Obama since election night...is that better? If the economy improves, I will be the first to post it here.

Lets just assume that all the problems were created by Bush, ok, Obama stopped the bleeding. On election night, Obama took complete controll and responsibility for the condition of this country going forward. No more Bush bullchit, Obama has put policies in place over the past 4 years that should help him succeed faster in his second 4 years.

Derp-derp....you seem to forget that all information is filtered...good luck with that.

Whatever....freedom will eventually win and soon who you vote for will be based on what we want and not who has kissed the most ass.....

Well, the American people felt that they could stand another 4 years.

They spoke pretty clearly about that, as well.

I put my trust in the people, but sometimes even they are wrong and something like this shows how stupid the mob mentality can be. My only hope for the nation now is that Boehner doesn't allow the GOP in the House to cave and people wake up before the Pied Piper drives us off that cliff. Please realize that he may already be a lame duck, but this won't be the only attempt he makes to send us over that cliff if this time doesn't succeed. His agenda is to break the Constitution and from this point on, he's going to try to drag us down even further. Just stand by.

Obama may not be the final straw but his reelection just sets up the perfect storm. He is out of tune of not only what America is but also of the world around him.

WOW! You are clueless aren’t you? And how do you think $75 billion is going to help us out of our fiscal problems?

• Like 1

Well until January of 2013...I have no opinion as most people with a brain should...The second term does not actually begin until then. Everyone postulating anything else is a moron...it is what it is.

That’s being naive which is even more moronic. Do you really think that the leopard is going to change his spots in two months?

No more Bush bullchit, Obama has put policies in place over the past 4 years that should help him succeed faster in his second 4 years.

Oh, they will still use “it’s Bush’s fault”. But that is exactly what he has been doing. He hasn’t been working for the people, but he’s been position his pieces for checkmate.

What is the point of this inane statement? Are you insinuating that Obama gets a pass for the next two months because his second term hasn't officially started?

Wouldn't the 'point' be that the title of this thread is OBAMA 2nd TERM SCORECARD, when the '2nd term' hasn't started yet?

How is that hard to understand?

• Like 2