Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Tempering religion with lie-exposing science

behavioralist

Can we temper the right to religious worship with the right of skeptics to apply Behavioral Science (deception/veracity science) to proving that the clergy is composed of irreligious conspirators?

Religion is something like a trial. Some people claim to have witnessed "The Power of Faith!"

(faith being how unneccesary it is to find out for oneself, to complete or awaken the mind,

instead of serving the dissembled agenda of a leader)

and these purported witnesses are giving testimony as the clergy.

Someone certainly NEEDS to ascertain how sincerely these clergy-persons are applying the followers' moneys in God's name!

---on behalf of the followers as well as the skeptics;

and even if the followers are a bit too inclined to prefer to perpetuate their blind faith in their clergy.

Shouldn't blindness of spending and devoting time be discouraged by applied science?

Is some mischief exempt from investigation because it prefers to "answer only to God"?

you do know that tithing is optional and that most churches do keep record of where the donations go dont you? its the church goers responsiblity to go to a church whos priest is beyond reproach. you seem in my eyes (they may be erring) that you are attacking the catholic church but are being vague in what denomination you are critising. leave the critising to church goers, they are more informed.

people have faith due to an experience of god, them choosing to disbelief because of your non experience when they have had an experience would be silly. its better to cross reference there own experiences with others who have had simalar experiences so they can get at the truth.

• Like 1

22.20pm so have to go to sleep apoligies for starting an argument that i cant see through to the end.

Can we temper the right to religious worship with the right of skeptics to apply Behavioral Science (deception/veracity science) to proving that the clergy is composed of irreligious conspirators?

Religion is something like a trial. Some people claim to have witnessed "The Power of Faith!"

(faith being how unneccesary it is to find out for oneself, to complete or awaken the mind,

instead of serving the dissembled agenda of a leader)

and these purported witnesses are giving testimony as the clergy.

Someone certainly NEEDS to ascertain how sincerely these clergy-persons are applying the followers' moneys in God's name!

---on behalf of the followers as well as the skeptics;

and even if the followers are a bit too inclined to prefer to perpetuate their blind faith in their clergy.

Shouldn't blindness of spending and devoting time be discouraged by applied science?

Is some mischief exempt from investigation because it prefers to "answer only to God"?

I have many qualms about religion. However the tone of your post strikes me as very condescending and irritating. People believe for a variety of reasons - many of which I have trouble identifying with, personally. However my personal feelings do not negate the veracity of the beliefs of others and neither do yours. If you think that you are going to swoop in and save the religious from themselves by insisting that they are wrong and foolish for following the teachings of clergy I think you will find yourself very angry and disappointed. You seem angry already.

Live and let live. The religious beliefs of every person are their own right to decide. Whether they tithe is their own decision to make. Your only goal, it seems was that of S hit-starting...which is hardly respectable.

Edited by orangepeaceful79
  • Like 6

To believe the drama when it is theater is for enjoyment (hard to do when you are a leading expert in behavioral science, so that "between" the "lines" of consciously applied histrionic devices is where the glaringly obvious parts are; I can describe every actor I have seen as he actually is in real life, which he consideres his own private insight, something no one ever has or will see).

To believe the exact same drama, when it is self-aggrandizement, is criminal negligence.

And it's a fact that, in the recollected histories of our species, no person has ever actually met any adult; every adult being, in his own esteem, a securely and eternally covert entity, The Private Self.

My point is, that today, there is no such security. The deceptions grind to an absolute and painful halt when you or anyone face me or another scientists of the same ilk.

And I'm here, with the moderator's forebearance, to show you exactly how it's done! ---how to undo the aversions which insist it's impossible.

Please reserve posting your skepticism in that regard until I have presented what some are calling our "Fringe Science" of Behavior and Cognition. You'll know it when you see it; you'll hate how hard it is to read if you're not a ready student of post-doc treatises.

To prepare yourself you might google or wiki The Little Albert Experiment, to find out the difference between "impossible" and conditioned aversion. That's the nub.

To believe the drama when it is theater is for enjoyment (hard to do when you are a leading expert in behavioral science, so that "between" the "lines" of consciously applied histrionic devices is where the glaringly obvious parts are; I can describe every actor I have seen as he actually is in real life, which he consideres his own private insight, something no one ever has or will see).

To believe the exact same drama, when it is self-aggrandizement, is criminal negligence.

And it's a fact that, in the recollected histories of our species, no person has ever actually met any adult; every adult being, in his own esteem, a securely and eternally covert entity, The Private Self.

My point is, that today, there is no such security. The deceptions grind to an absolute and painful halt when you or anyone face me or another scientists of the same ilk.

And I'm here, with the moderator's forebearance, to show you exactly how it's done! ---how to undo the aversions which insist it's impossible.

Please reserve posting your skepticism in that regard until I have presented what some are calling our "Fringe Science" of Behavior and Cognition. You'll know it when you see it; you'll hate how hard it is to read if you're not a ready student of post-doc treatises.

To prepare yourself you might google or wiki The Little Albert Experiment, to find out the difference between "impossible" and conditioned aversion. That's the nub.

now you are smarter than everyone else. wow.

Live and let live.

Good to see statements like that ford Lincoln mercury ;) proving that not all good people are spiritual.

• Like 2

Good to see statements like that ford Lincoln mercury ;) proving that not all good people are spiritual.

post-124811-0-41458400-1353043329_thumb.

.....but I'ma go ahead and thank you anyway, Seeker79...I think. :lol:

• Like 1

post-124811-0-41458400-1353043329_thumb.

.....but I'ma go ahead and thank you anyway, Seeker79...I think. :lol:

Haha yes it was

"law 8 live and let live" ---- Ford Lincoln Mercury

"the Postman" .... The movie.

Seeker79 I have never seen the FLM bit you are referncing, hence my confusion. i'm glad you found it noteworthy, however. ;) cheers!

You are very condescending, and that says a lot coming from somebody like me. Though, I do agree with you about organized religion stealing money from people. As far as I am concerned, it is all nonsensical; however, if people are stupid enough to spend their money on this nonsense, then that is their loss.

Edited by Alienated Being

You are very condescending, and that says a lot coming from somebody like me. Though, I do agree with you about organized religion stealing money from people. As far as I am concerned, it is all nonsensical; however, if people are stupid enough to spend their money on this nonsense, then that is their loss.

There I must disagree with you: any insanity allowed to pose as right hurts everyone and everything. A mind that isn't distracted cherishes everything, and thereby no loss is not ones own loss.

Haha yes it was

"law 8 live and let live" ---- Ford Lincoln Mercury

"the Postman" .... The movie.

It's at

2:39:20

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENRuWNS1h9s&feature=youtube_gdata_player