Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 3 votes

Class A EVP

evp

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#16    thefcc

thefcc

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:47 PM

View PostArchimedes, on 08 April 2013 - 12:41 AM, said:

I'm sorry, but I can't hear anything substantial at all.

When in the clip does the supposed whisper happen?

If it's the low whisper heard just before the baby makes a noise, then when amplified it sounds like "give vaguely" or "get fakey" or something similar.  Definitely doesn't sound like a name like Randy or Bradley to me, but I may be emphasizing the wrong part of the audio as I can't hear anything clear at all in it.

What exactly is everyone else hearing that I can't?

thats the spot, Archimedes. its a pretty clear whisper as many agree. my son does seem to vocally 'step on it' so more might be underneath his voice. Since I do audio for a living, I am going to try and use some tools to unearth that, but there is definitely a fairly clearly heard whisper at that moment.

thanks Dark Entity :)

#17    _Only

_Only

• 6,633 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 09 April 2013 - 01:01 AM

View PostArchimedes, on 08 April 2013 - 12:41 AM, said:

What exactly is everyone else hearing that I can't?

A whisper; the same thing that you heard. We can only guess at the translation of what is said, as it is a quiet whisper. But the substantial part was that there was a whisper; not what it may or may not have said. For the record, I thought the name said was "Greg-g", but that was just a guess.

I love to make mashups! Click here to hear!
I also love taking pictures! Click here to see!
I love to play drums, too! Whatever you do, don't click here!

#18    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 3,087 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:44 AM

Some heard it.  Some saw it.  Some felt it.  Some have seen a ghost before and don't need to comment further. Some heard the name 'Bradley'. Some heard the name 'Randy'. Most have heard something but haven't or won't say what they've heard.

Welcome to the Ghost Hunters forum...

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

#19    coolguy

coolguy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,965 posts

• Star trek rules

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:50 AM

I have gotten evps in my house

#20    Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

• Hi. My name is Spike.

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:58 AM

View PostArchimedes, on 09 April 2013 - 02:44 AM, said:

Some heard it.  Some saw it.  Some felt it.  Some have seen a ghost before and don't need to comment further. Some heard the name 'Bradley'. Some heard the name 'Randy'. Most have heard something but haven't or won't say what they've heard.

Welcome to the Ghost Hunters forum...

What you're saying is that because different people hear different things, we're not hearing anything at all? Do enlighten me. I guess, you've never misheard anything your entire life. The reason people didn't want to say is to not put ideas in anybody elses minds. It's very easy for different people to hear different things from a whisper. You tell them what to listen for though and they'll likely hear that. Bradley and Randy are very close names and since people have said now, it was Bradley I was interpreting it as.

Even if you can't apply any of these names to yourself, OP, that doesn't matter and it doesn't discredit the fact you captured a voice with no rational explanation that we can fathom from the facts you've given us.

Edited by Heaven Is A Halfpipe, 09 April 2013 - 03:59 AM.

You can go the distance, you can run the mile and you can walk straight through HELL with a smile.

My UM Credentials: http://www.unexplain...5

#21    thefcc

thefcc

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:14 PM

well, considering there has been a nice convo regarding this, I will post up another recording from the same location I did over a year ago. another compelling piece that I would like to share. stay tuned, and thanks

#22    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 3,087 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:04 AM

View PostHeaven Is A Halfpipe, on 09 April 2013 - 03:58 AM, said:

What you're saying is that because different people hear different things, we're not hearing anything at all?
No. What I'm saying if that if this is indeed an examples of a "Class A" EVP and one of the finest examples of an EVP from a person who says he has recorded numerous high quality EVPs and this is the best, then I weep for the EVP community if this is the best they can come up with.

It's a blurry indistinct mess of a sound sample.  I can make out exactly NOTHING that resembles words or language.  Yet it is being touted as a particularly high quality example of EVP.  The OP poster has claimed that he has many recordings with "staggering results" and that this is the "the clearest" he has ever recorded.  I think  I am well within my right to question why I should be impressed with the sound sample provided especially as it seems to contain nothing (to me at least) other that a fuzzy mess where it's claimed to contain "staggering results" of EVP recordings.

Do enlighten me. I guess, you've never misheard anything your entire life.
I mishear things all the time.  I am notorious for mishearing and misinterpreting things amongst people I know.

The reason people didn't want to say is to not put ideas in anybody elses minds.
And that is a perfectly rational reason for people to not blurt out what they've heard.  I have no issues with this.

It's very easy for different people to hear different things from a whisper.
Yes, because whispers are by nature blurred and indistinct (just like photos in poor light in dark places), therefore people hear things that don't exist in them, just like people see ghosts, faces, etc. in low light, low-quality, noisy photos that are the photographic equivalent of low qualty MP3s recorded in situations where ambient noise and random noise interferes with the actual sound recorded by the mic.

So, what is the actual message recorded in the OP's MP3s?  Can anyone agree on anything other than the fact that a blurry whisper was recorded?

Edited by Archimedes, 10 April 2013 - 04:26 AM.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

#23    _Only

_Only

• 6,633 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:36 AM

View PostArchimedes, on 10 April 2013 - 04:04 AM, said:

So, what is the actual message recorded in the OP's MP3s?  Can anyone agree on anything other than the fact that a blurry whisper was recorded?
You seem to agree it is a whisper, after first saying you can't hear where a whisper is, and then wondering if it was the whisper you heard. Then you complain that we don't know what it's saying exactly. Doesn't the fact that something whispered by someone/something that wasn't in the immediate area criteria enough to make this a high class EVP, as opposed to the usual static spike or random ambient noise? Or are you under the assumption that that isn't a fact, and the OP is lying? Or does that not matter whether it is a whisper or not; just if we can understand exactly what's said or not?

I just find it kind of odd that you're here debating what constitutes a "class A" recording, as opposed to wondering how and why a whisper was heard on the recording when this person was alone with their daughter.

Take another example (EVP at 0:28+ in this video):

A whisper with seemingly multiple words/syllables. I doubt anyone here could accurately tell what is being said, even a bit. But we will all make our choices naturally. That aside, does being able to tell what words are said make it "class A", or is being able to tell words and multiple syllables were said at all make it "class A"? I think the latter is more important than the former. It shows intelligence and a presence; the former shows what that intelligence is trying to put forward.

Edited by _Only, 10 April 2013 - 04:37 AM.

#24    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,331 posts

• ~*★*~I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:48 PM

I don't understand why everyone always assumes that skeptics (and I hate the term) always believe that OP's are lying just because we don't hear what they hear or see what they do or see what they see or offer a rational explanation.

I don't automatically assume someone is lying, I just have a difference of opinion. I dunno unless someone just outright says 'the OP is a liar' I don't think saying, 'I don't hear anything' means they think they are lying.

#25    _Only

_Only

• 6,633 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:25 PM

View Postcoldethyl, on 10 April 2013 - 09:48 PM, said:

I don't understand why everyone always assumes that skeptics (and I hate the term) always believe that OP's are lying just because we don't hear what they hear or see what they do or see what they see or offer a rational explanation.

I don't automatically assume someone is lying, I just have a difference of opinion. I dunno unless someone just outright says 'the OP is a liar' I don't think saying, 'I don't hear anything' means they think they are lying.

No one assumed anything. I was asking his opinion of the whisper, in case my word 'fact' be incorrect in his eyes. People tend to hate that word being thrown around lightly.

#26    Mekelyn

Mekelyn

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:26 AM

I did hear a whisper but I have no idea what it might say.  The thing is that all too often we "interpret" these things as they are relevent to ourselves.
That is my problem with most of the "ghost hunting" shows on television. The EVP's they get are almost alway relevent to their investigaion.

Fran hears "Fran" because it is her name.  What if, and I am just throwing this out, what if the whisper is from a spirit completely unrelated to her.  The spirit could be a young boy asking for candy.... or an old man saying he has to use the can. I dont know.
I dont think that everything we get on an EVP is for US.
Just a thought.

#27    _Only

_Only

• 6,633 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:31 AM

View PostMekelyn, on 11 April 2013 - 12:26 AM, said:

I did hear a whisper but I have no idea what it might say.  The thing is that all too often we "interpret" these things as they are relevent to ourselves.
That is my problem with most of the "ghost hunting" shows on television. The EVP's they get are almost alway relevent to their investigaion.

Fran hears "Fran" because it is her name.  What if, and I am just throwing this out, what if the whisper is from a spirit completely unrelated to her.  The spirit could be a young boy asking for candy.... or an old man saying he has to use the can. I dont know.
I dont think that everything we get on an EVP is for US.
Just a thought.

We do do that a lot naturally; fulfilling what we expect to hear in our mind.

But I think another version of that idea is more random, but along the same track. We will hear a certain word the first time (like I heard Greg-g), even if not expecting or wanting to hear that certain word, but then that's all we will hear from then on without conscious effort, because we are expecting to hear that word now. So it probably builds in clarity to you in your mind the more you hear it. At a certain point, this will become so strong that you can't honestly understand why no one else hears "Greg-g".

#28    In_Spirit

In_Spirit

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:18 AM

View Postthefcc, on 04 April 2013 - 10:44 AM, said:

Thanks for the replies.

My friend also thought it was my name being said. For me, I am hearing clearly the words " baby talk"

Also, interesting for those who mentioned a name: my name is Francis (Fran)

I heard "Frankie"

#29    thefcc

thefcc

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:05 PM

it seems that my newbie-ish use of the term "Class A EVP" as thread title may have upset some here. But to me, an avid "paranormalist" who has listened and heard to countless EVPs on the net and TV, this was a fairly clear representation of what I have been shown to be defined as Class A. It's clear that the majority on here hear SOMEthing in the recording. Of course I do, and it clearly is a whisper, and that whisper is clearly saying something in response to my presence. Like I said, I hear "Baby talk", and perhaps I am predisposed to the notion that I was carrying my toddler at the time and I feel the spirit(s) there were noting that. I also agree it is a woman's voice.
I am not naive to the fact that I probably WANT to believe I hear something whenever I do a recording, as it is somewhat of a coping mechanism for me, so I will pick out anything abnormal and may possibly apply a meaning to it. That is what made me come to this forum in the first place--to get some validation from both those who believe, and those who are more skeptical. I thank you all for both sides of the response. I certainly can 100% that this is real--no lying from this OP.

and like I promised, I will shortly post another decent recording from this very same gravesite location from a while back.

and also, just to clarify, I am a male, and my toddler is my son. :)

#30    thefcc

thefcc

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:22 PM

here is the older EVP from the same gravesite. it's quick, so I hope I am not steering anyone too easily to hear something...
but this is the one that got me very interested (and believing) in unexplained things, so to speak. it was also extremely comforting, as this was the first xmas after the passing of my mother.
listen closely...

Attached Files

Edited by thefcc, 11 April 2013 - 03:23 PM.

Also tagged with evp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users