Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * - - - 5 votes

Kate Middleton is not a Princess!


  • Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#16    J. K.

J. K.

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,317 posts
  • Joined:09 Jan 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Fort Worth, TX

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:16 PM

View PostYamato, on 15 January 2013 - 12:38 AM, said:

Don't tell the Brits there's no such thing as nobility.   All those salutations you're talking about are reserved solely for nobility, btw.

No, being married to a Prince does not make you a princess.  That would be logically consistent and that's what I originally thought too, by mistake.  Kate Middleton was given a title, Duchess of Cambridge, but she is no "Lady" because she is not of royal blood.   I'm not the one who talks like this, confers these silly salutations like this.  Lords and Ladies don't mean fiddlesticks to me.  I think the idea of nobility is crass and stupid, but don't tell me rubbish that it doesn't exist.   You might not agree with it; but denying reality if it doesn't fit your opinion doesn't seem very smart.

I don't there is an effort to deny that the royal bloodline exists.  Rather, I think there is denial that royal blood somehow makes one person more 'noble' than another.  As it was stated in a previous post, the progenitors were just as human as the rest of us.

One's reality is another's nightmare.

#17    questionmark

questionmark

    Cinicus Magnus

  • Member
  • 34,472 posts
  • Joined:26 Jun 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Greece and Des Moines, IA

  • In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:36 PM

View PostYamato, on 15 January 2013 - 12:51 AM, said:

The article linked to in the OP also takes creative license to call this couple the "future King and Queen of England" too because it has no idea this will be the case.   If William were to die before being crowned King, Kate will be no Queen (she relies utterly on his inheritance of the throne) and she will remain no Princess.

And that would not be any different if she was from a royal household. If William kicks the bucket the next in line is his brother, after that the Duke of York and all the way down to Zenouska Mowatt. After that the line would continue with the House of Harewood to end with the House of Hanover. By then we have a few hundred who would jump into the breach before they would even have to look for a successor. The King Ralph thingy only works in Hollywood.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#18    keithisco

keithisco

    Majestic 12 Operative

  • Member
  • 5,535 posts
  • Joined:06 May 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Rincon de Loix, Benidorm

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:44 PM

Kate IS a Princess, make no mistake in Heraldic terms.  She will probably become Queen at some time in the future, but do not confuse this  with "Queen Regnent" (Queen in her own right as Blood - Queen"). She will become Queen Consort of William - telling you that she is a Queen behind her Husband ( William).  If William "snuffs it" before her then she will become "Queen Mother" without any powers devolved to her in terms of Constitutional Matters.

Hope that makes things a bit clearer for you all.


#19    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

    Sarcastic Muppet..!

  • Member
  • 51,193 posts
  • Joined:01 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Ireland

  • "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:33 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 15 January 2013 - 06:36 PM, said:

And that would not be any different if she was from a royal household. If William kicks the bucket the next in line is his brother, after that the Duke of York and all the way down to Zenouska Mowatt. After that the line would continue with the House of Harewood to end with the House of Hanover. By then we have a few hundred who would jump into the breach before they would even have to look for a successor. The King Ralph thingy only works in Hollywood.

If William kicks the bucket in years to come and he has a child, they would be next in line, not Harry ..

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#20    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

    Poltergeist

  • Banned
  • 2,924 posts
  • Joined:16 Nov 2011
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:23 PM

View PostYamato, on 14 January 2013 - 11:38 PM, said:

Why not?  Because she doesn't have royal juice in her veins, that's why.

Yes, the queen made her a Duchess, but Kate Middleton is still not a member of nobility.   She's not 'Lady Middleton', she's just Kate Middleton.  

Her husband is Prince William, but Kate Middleton is no Princess.  

The Yanks, reading their tabloid fairy tales about princesses, need to get it right.

http://www.foxnews.c...gnancy-related/

The media frenzy around them is irritating.

Now dont get me wrong I'm pleased that two people have got married but do we really need -
1. To hear about them every 5 minutes.
2. To have them portrayed as something which they arent. Now dont get me wrong they arent exactly ugly but neither of them are good looking either.
3. Listen to the Royals commentors with their fake voices flapping abouut over them.

A lot of the time its like the media are trying to drive a cult of personality.


#21    Yamato

Yamato

    Omnipotent Entity

  • Member
  • 9,912 posts
  • Joined:08 Aug 2011
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:55 PM

View PostJ. K., on 15 January 2013 - 06:16 PM, said:

I don't there is an effort to deny that the royal bloodline exists.  Rather, I think there is denial that royal blood somehow makes one person more 'noble' than another.  As it was stated in a previous post, the progenitors were just as human as the rest of us.
People should be weighed on their merits not their bloodlines.  When will the UK figure this out?

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#22    Yamato

Yamato

    Omnipotent Entity

  • Member
  • 9,912 posts
  • Joined:08 Aug 2011
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:09 PM

View Postkeithisco, on 15 January 2013 - 06:44 PM, said:

Kate IS a Princess, make no mistake in Heraldic terms.  She will probably become Queen at some time in the future, but do not confuse this  with "Queen Regnent" (Queen in her own right as Blood - Queen"). She will become Queen Consort of William - telling you that she is a Queen behind her Husband ( William).  If William "snuffs it" before her then she will become "Queen Mother" without any powers devolved to her in terms of Constitutional Matters.

Hope that makes things a bit clearer for you all.
Those are just royal titles bestowed by the privileged family that reinforce this whole antiquated notion of bloodlines.  That you're discussing them in so much detail at all trying to rationalize its usage says a lot.  Her title is Duchess of Cambridge, not "Princess".

http://en.wikipedia....ss_of_Cambridge

She will hopefully be bestowed the title of Princess when the Queen dies and she becomes the wife of the heir to the magic blood chair called the throne.  Unless of course, the King doesn't want her to be.  He's got the magic blood after all.  

She's a "Duchess", she's no "Lady", and she's a hopeful Princess in waiting but no "Princess".  

I know what you're thinking.  If one's thinking is that "Well I don't believe in all that bloodline nonsense; however, she's married to the Prince so she's the Princess to me!" then actually, yeah, you have to believe in the bloodline nonsense to even be saying that at all.   Marriage to the bloodline (e.g. the "Prince") is the point of all this silliness in the UK, it can't be denied away.  How these titles of "Lord", "Lady", and "Princess" are dealt with exposes just how ridiculous the UK still is with their beloved monarchy.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#23    Yamato

Yamato

    Omnipotent Entity

  • Member
  • 9,912 posts
  • Joined:08 Aug 2011
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:11 PM

View PostLady Kasey, on 15 January 2013 - 06:15 PM, said:

Who cares? Obviously you care or you wouldn't have started such an assinine thread.
Yeah I think that our greatest ally in the world ought to catch up with the 21st century already and put the medieval times behind us.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#24    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

    Poltergeist

  • Banned
  • 2,924 posts
  • Joined:16 Nov 2011
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:25 PM

View PostYamato, on 15 January 2013 - 10:55 PM, said:

People should be weighed on their merits not their bloodlines.  When will the UK figure this out?

I dont agree with Monarchy or Democracy (shock horror!). One is inherited (not on merit as you say) and the other has people elected (based on their popularity not merit).

The country would be much better if we had our brightest minds running the show - i.e. let the economists run the economy, let the psychologists be the parents, etc

Edited by Mr Right Wing, 15 January 2013 - 11:26 PM.


#25    Yamato

Yamato

    Omnipotent Entity

  • Member
  • 9,912 posts
  • Joined:08 Aug 2011
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:26 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 15 January 2013 - 06:36 PM, said:

And that would not be any different if she was from a royal household. If William kicks the bucket the next in line is his brother, after that the Duke of York and all the way down to Zenouska Mowatt. After that the line would continue with the House of Harewood to end with the House of Hanover. By then we have a few hundred who would jump into the breach before they would even have to look for a successor. The King Ralph thingy only works in Hollywood.
It wouldn't be any different, and yet it should be a lot different, which is the whole point of this thread nearly everyone seems to be missing.

Harry would be next in line to the magic blood chair only if William dies AND William bore no child of the right gender.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#26    archer95446

archer95446

    Apparition

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Joined:04 Jul 2006
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:here, not there!!!

  • The picture is of my great great grandparents, on their 60th wedding anniversary!!!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:01 AM

Sorry to tell you Yamato, but Kate Middleton IS a descendant of King Edward 3rd, on her  father's side of the tree!!!
She's even a descendant of William the Conqueror, the Kings of Scotland, the High Kings of Ireland, and of almost all of
the Kings and Queens of ancient France.   Just like Princess Diana, who was descended from the House of Stuart, the
House of Bourbon (King Henry 4th of France), and the House of Medici !!!!!!  Do the research, you'll be amazed with what
you'll find!!!!


#27    Yamato

Yamato

    Omnipotent Entity

  • Member
  • 9,912 posts
  • Joined:08 Aug 2011
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:38 AM

View Postarcher95446, on 16 January 2013 - 12:01 AM, said:

Sorry to tell you Yamato, but Kate Middleton IS a descendant of King Edward 3rd, on her  father's side of the tree!!!
She's even a descendant of William the Conqueror, the Kings of Scotland, the High Kings of Ireland, and of almost all of
the Kings and Queens of ancient France.   Just like Princess Diana, who was descended from the House of Stuart, the
House of Bourbon (King Henry 4th of France), and the House of Medici !!!!!!  Do the research, you'll be amazed with what
you'll find!!!!
Family trees grow quite a lot of branches in a blood line 700 years long.   I'd be more amazed to figure out why it even matters in the 21st century.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#28    watoom

watoom

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Joined:31 Oct 2012

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:09 AM

I've always wondered whether if you were able to capture/kidnap the Queen (disclaimer: completely hypothetical) and force her to renounce the throne to you, would you then legally be  the new monarch?


#29    ealdwita

ealdwita

    Hwt oredmcg

  • Member
  • 4,704 posts
  • Joined:08 Jun 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:astcentingas , England

  • Hige sceal e heardra, heorte e cenre, mod sceal e mare, e ure mgen lytla.

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:03 AM

Another pillow and more popcorn, methinks!

"G a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnwan n gef!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".

"I was born with a priceless gift - the ability to laugh at other peoples' troubles" - Dame Edna Everage

#30    Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher

    Facebook Fiend

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts
  • Joined:25 Nov 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Middleton,Greater Manchester,UK

  • Your blood's worth bottling!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:44 PM

View PostMr Right Wing, on 15 January 2013 - 10:23 PM, said:



The media frenzy around them is irritating.

Now dont get me wrong I'm pleased that two people have got married but do we really need -
1. To hear about them every 5 minutes.
2. To have them portrayed as something which they arent. Now dont get me wrong they arent exactly ugly but neither of them are good looking either.
3. Listen to the Royals commentors with their fake voices flapping abouut over them.

A lot of the time its like the media are trying to drive a cult of personality.
The royal family? Eh?
They are like an institution but to me an insititution is a glorified lunatic asylum.

I wouldn't even waste time spitting on them never mind curtsy.
And if that wasn't enough they are mind-blowingly ugly through all that inbreeding.
There's no stud muffins or glamour pusses within their over-inflated egos.
They are trying to improve their DNA stock through the Middletons.
But the Middletons are still upper middle class in my eyes and I doubt a commoner would get a look in.
Tbh I don't care if Pippa got "rear of the year" because she's still brown- nosing to the Royal Family.
I hope it's a sign of the times now that Katy Middleton isn't a princess because it's about time the monarchy is demolished.
Though I'm curious to see if she becomes a queen from just being a mere duchess.
You can have the Royal Family building your statue because they are not far from being unemployed bums.

Edited by Medium Brown, 16 January 2013 - 12:48 PM.

Swindon Town:  Division Two Champions 2011-12.
Proud member of Macdonald's Red Army since 1989.
Up the Robins!




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users