Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Whats the biggest cryptozoology mystery ?

CRIPTIC CHAMELEON

There are hundreds of mystery's out there from Roswell to loch-ness and crop circles etc etc but out of all these mystery's there is one that still bugs me and that is the Patterson Gimlin footage they can't disprove it but yet day after day they try to discredit it I personally feel its real only because it hasn't been disproven as yet. What do think is the biggest mystery ?

• Like 1

Its going to be hard for me to pick just one. If aliens have been here I think is the biggest. Then there's Bigfoot. Don't make me choose I can't.

• Like 3

Its going to be hard for me to pick just one. If aliens have been here I think is the biggest. Then there's Bigfoot. Don't make me choose I can't.

I'm with you but if Idid have to pick I would say crop circles as I just love some of those patterns they make. :tu:
  • Like 1

Lightning from the clouds, no rain or Thunder, very scary.

For me, sasquatch most definitely. Due to its apparent overwhelming similarities in bahaviour and physiology to humans. The ramifications from such a confirmation would completely force us rethink our place in the natural world. It would be the grand daddy of wake-up calls and a humbling revelation for all mankind.

Edited by Bionic Bigfoot
  • Like 2

There are hundreds of mystery's out there from Roswell to loch-ness and crop circles etc etc but out of all these mystery's there is one that still bugs me and that is the Patterson Gimlin footage they can't disprove it but yet day after day they try to discredit it I personally feel its real only because it hasn't been disproven as yet. What do think is the biggest mystery ?

If you don't believe that PGF has been debunked, you simply don't want to see the evidence that's been put forth.

• Like 1

To me the biggest mystery regarding Cryptozoology is the human psychological phenomenon that drives it. Crypto isn't about actual animals - its about belief. Its about being impelled to believe something for which there is no evidence in most cases. What makes people need to do that? Thats the mystery of cryptozoology for me - the human factor that makes it all possible. I think back to my believer days and for me I think it had something to do with rebellion - with believing in something outside of the mainstream. I'm not so egocentric though to believe that is the case for everyone.

Is believing in Bigfoot or Nessie for some analogous to believing in a God for others? Is it that part of the human psyche at play or is it something else?

These are the true questions of Crypto for me.

• Like 2

The biggest crypto mystery to me is; why people continue to believe in these silly fairytales.

Why is it fairy tales? It's a science....the search for animals whose existence has not been proven. Giant Pandas are real, and they were discovered by cryptozoologists. Just because we haven't found them doesn't mean they don't exist....sightings are increasing all the time!

• Like 7

For me it's the Loch Ness Monster. I've had a look for her myself, found nothing, but Loch Ness has an eerie feel to it and it wouldn't surprise me if there was a creature living there that we haven't yet proven.

• Like 5

The biggest mystery to me is the fact that people keep seeing things, supposedly animals, but we never get any hard evidence... That's the biggest mystery of 'em all!

But, assuming these things actually DO exist, I've always had a weak spot for sea serpents, Loch Ness and Bigfoot. I remember looking through a book we had when I was a child, taking it with me to school to show my friends and all. That's when my interest in these sort of things.

Why is it fairy tales? It's a science....the search for animals whose existence has not been proven.

Here is a list of scientific disciplines. Take a look at it and let me know if you find cryptozology on it.

http://chemistry.about.com/od/mathsciencefundamentals/a/ologylist.htm

Giant Pandas are real, and they were discovered by cryptozoologists.

Please, What makes you think the Chinese didn't know about pandas? The idea of cryptozoology didn't exist when the first westerner (a french missionary) to learn about them was given a panda skin by a hunter.

Just because we haven't found them doesn't mean they don't exist....sightings are increasing all the time!

It's true that not being able to find one after all these years doesn't doesn't mean they don't exist, but it certainly does not help in the argument that they do.

• Like 2

Nessie and Champie.

If only there was a way to put them in the same lake so they can keep each other company. It must be lonely.

• Like 2

The biggest crypto mystery to me is; why people continue to believe in these silly fairytales.

Interesting that you should say that on this site. :w00t:
  • Like 2

Nessie and Champie.

If only there was a way to put them in the same lake so they can keep each other company. It must be lonely.

They'd probably kill each other!
  • Like 2

Mine would be the existance of the thylacine. Not quite a cryptid, but people claim it still lives and of all that have been mentioned, this is the one that we know has lived before.

The chances of them still living are very low. Sure would be cool to find a few.

• Like 4

The biggest mystery?

I'm way more interested in rediscovering supposedly extinct animals than finding out if fire-breathing dinosaurs used to eat small villages.

The biggest mystery?

I'm way more interested in rediscovering supposedly extinct animals than finding out if fire-breathing dinosaurs used to eat small villages.

Most mysteries / legends etc have some bases of truth to them hence the first person who saw a nile croc probably thought it was a dragon.
  • Like 1

Most mysteries / legends etc have some bases of truth to them hence the first person who saw a nile croc probably thought it was a dragon.

I never denied that, spoke against it, or ever even mentioned that there wasn't a potential factual basis.

Have fun starting an argument with the non-skeptic, though.

I never denied that, spoke against it, or ever even mentioned that there wasn't a potential factual basis.

Have fun starting an argument with the non-skeptic, though.

Man I remember back when we had a member here who claimed dragons were real and that he was going to write a book about it... Apparently, according to this man, Germans still believed in dragons...

draconic chronicler was his name!!! man, that was some wild discussions!!

The female orgasm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, that's actually quite easy to find ;)

• Like 1

The biggest mystery to me is why do we still believe in crypts when none have been found !!!!!!!!!!!!

Okapi says "Hi."

220px-Okapia_johnstoni_-Marwell_Wildlife,_Hampshire,_England-8a.jpg

I wouldn't really classify this as a criptid. Locals knew of it and had seen bodies and even ate them.

You would have to classify every animal discovered by "the western world" a criptid.

The animal was brought to prominent European attention by speculation on its existence found in popular press reports covering Henry Morton Stanley's journeys in 1887. Remains of a carcass were later sent to London by the English adventurer and colonial administrator Harry Johnston and became a media event in 1901.[2] Today there are approximately 10,000–20,000 in the wild and as of 2011, 42 different institutions display them worldwide