Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

seeing pictures when closing eyes

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#1    Lovelybloom

Lovelybloom

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 93 posts

• blood is thicker than water, but that same water washes that blood away.

Posted 04 May 2011 - 09:10 PM

So a while back when i was around 17, i got off of work went home and layed down to rest

i closed my eyes and was just in a relaxed state, i was not asleep... well out of nowhere when i had my eyes closed. This picture started opening up and all i saw was someone walking, i saw some leaves on the floor, the color was a light yellow. Well it freaked me out and i opened my eyes, because i didnt know how i was seeing a picture with while i was still awake and i wasnt even trying to fall asleep. I would have to say its like if i were watching tv with my eyes closed... i'm just curious to know if any of you know what this could be? I'm not sure if that is psychic or not... its never happened since then, and just curious to know if this has happened to anyone.

i posted this in another post, but was not the right area, so am reposting...

#2    clearfog

clearfog

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 01:23 AM

This sounds to me like clairvoyance... the ability to see with your mind's eye (your third eye).

When you closed your eyes your focus moved to your third eye. If the picture was pretty clear and vivid then I would say you had very good clairvoyant abilities. How often has this happened? If it only happened that one time then some other factors may have influenced it.

#3    Lovelybloom

Lovelybloom

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 02:28 AM

This has only happened to me that one time, and the picture was very clear... it was as if i was watching a video with my eyes closed. it scared me because it had never happened before, since then ive tired to close my eyes and make me self be in a relax mood. But nothing happens. I really wish it would happen again, because am curious to know what it is that i needed to know that day.

#4    Purplos

Purplos

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,550 posts

• Everything important is infinite.

Posted 05 May 2011 - 03:51 AM

This sounds to me like a daydream.

Doesn't everyone get random pictures in their mind when they are just chilling with their eyes closed?

Embrace the impossible.

#5    Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen

El Lobo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,990 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 03:59 AM

Purplos, on 05 May 2011 - 03:51 AM, said:

This sounds to me like a daydream.

Doesn't everyone get random pictures in their mind when they are just chilling with their eyes closed?
Yes, we do. This could just be a more extreme version of the common phenomenon.

Life is too short to waste on responsibilities. :)

#6    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 9,976 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 05 May 2011 - 04:23 AM

Don't we all have dreams that sometimes look and feel like a movie or ones where you wake up saying to yourself, "Jeez, that felt real"?

Don't we also have times where we drop-off for a few minutes while just resting our eyes and getting cosy?  Tis like a 2minute dream before you wake with a start.

They can be unsettling those mini-dreams.

(maybe it's just me... lol)

Edited by Eldorado, 05 May 2011 - 04:24 AM.

#7    Lovelybloom

Lovelybloom

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 04:37 AM

no, i think i would know if i was day dreaming or just dreaming in general. u usally have to be wanting to day dream in order to do so. i actully have to be sleepy to fall asleep... i was just laying there and a picture started opening up, in the shape of a circle to a bigger circle. it freaked me out so i just opened my eyes

#8    clearfog

clearfog

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 11:34 AM

Yes sounds like clairvoyance, as with any ability practice makes perfect.

Since it only happened once in your life though it may just have been a coincidence. If you were a natural born clairvoyant you would have had many episodes like this one throughout your life.

#9    Lovelybloom

Lovelybloom

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 05:50 PM

o okay, i understand now, it was just really confusing to me. Because i never had that happen before... and hasnt happened since. But thank u for explaining, its good to know it was just a  coincidence.

#10    Purplos

Purplos

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,550 posts

• Everything important is infinite.

Posted 05 May 2011 - 06:11 PM

Hmm... maybe I'm clairvoyant too and I just always thought is was daydreams.  ;)  This is such a weird topic for me because what you are describing is just what happens when I close my eyes and am not thinking about anything. There are always movies playing in my mind, or pictures floating through it... very clear and defined. I always thought it was just... ya know... imagination.

Are you a writer by any chance? Into some creative thing?

And what do other people see if they are just chilling? Nothing? Just blank?

Embrace the impossible.

#11    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 9,976 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 05 May 2011 - 06:13 PM

Purplos, on 05 May 2011 - 06:11 PM, said:

Hmm... maybe I'm clairvoyant too and I just always thought is was daydreams.  ;)  This is such a weird topic for me because what you are describing is just what happens when I close my eyes and am not thinking about anything. There are always movies playing in my mind, or pictures floating through it... very clear and defined. I always thought it was just... ya know... imagination.

Are you a writer by any chance? Into some creative thing?

And what do other people see if they are just chilling? Nothing? Just blank?

I sometimes see Jessica Alba surfing down my street.  Tis great.

(I can see whatever my imagination wants to see)

Edited by Eldorado, 05 May 2011 - 06:15 PM.

#12    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

sempere aude

• 2,568 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 06:17 PM

Isn't that just normal for everyone with some "good" fantasy? In Germany we call this "head cinema".

#13    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 9,976 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 05 May 2011 - 06:20 PM

FLOMBIE, on 05 May 2011 - 06:17 PM, said:

Isn't that just normal for everyone with some "good" fantasy? In Germany we call this "head cinema".

I think so.  I once played in Champions League final for my team and scored 3 goals... all in my head.

#14    Ryu

Ryu

Born to fail.

• 3,328 posts

• Just because I do not agree doesn't mean I don't understand.

Posted 05 May 2011 - 08:32 PM

It's just a form of hallucination, really.
Lot's of people experience it and it is harmless mostly as long as one recognizes that it means nothing.

#15    Lovelybloom

Lovelybloom

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 09:12 PM

no i'm not a writer,...lol.... why?

no i mean it was not a picture playing through my mind or something i was thinking of in my mind, it was a picture that appeared right in front of my eyes out of nowhere... i was not thinking of anything. I just closed my eyes not even for a few mintues, and a picture started appearing. It's like i said earlier it was as if i was watching tv with my eyes closed, i know what it's like to imagine something and make things up in you're mind but that was nothing like that.

one can only say it was my imagination, but i didnt even have that type of imagination when i was small, y would i have it now that am older.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users