Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Don't block our bid to kick out Qatada

Commander CMG

David Cameron is warning Nick Clegg he will get the blame if he blocks a temporary withdrawal from the European Convention of Human Rights to enable the deportation of Abu Qatada.

Sources close to the Prime Minister made clear he would expect the Liberal Democrat leader – who has insisted he will not countenance any suspension of the ECHR – to explain to voters why the hate preacher remained in Britain in such circumstances.

Home Secretary Theresa May told MPs yesterday that she has signed a new treaty with Abu Qatada’s native Jordan which, she believes, will mean the courts finally allowing his removal.

arrow3.gifView: Read more

I was having a rising blood pressure free morning!

• Like 2

Ideal sequence of events.......Suitcase - taxi - airport - aeroplane - bye bye! "Abu Qatada? No sorry, we've no idea where he is at the moment."

• Like 4

If the west changes the rules of protection for our citizens then the b******* have won. If we give them all the same protections of a citizen...they still have won. Interesting dilemma. I say we destroy our enemies first, then work on bringing our bruised civil liberties back...first things first, eh?

• Like 1

To the rest of the world our legal system must look idiotic and incomprehensible

• Like 2

these human rights laws have caused more trouble than enough, pre HR laws 1998 - we managed. i dont remember the walls caving in. i long for the day when we scrap the HR Laws and revert back to the laws which served us so well.

• Like 2

these human rights laws have caused more trouble than enough, pre HR laws 1998 - we managed. i dont remember the walls caving in. i long for the day when we scrap the HR Laws and revert back to the laws which served us so well.

I have to agree. It says it all when the Prime Minister, our Countries so called leader cannot remove someone from the Country he is supposed to rule. A good old fashioned accident is needed. *Oooops* I have said enough.

• Like 2

If the west changes the rules of protection for our citizens then the b******* have won. If we give them all the same protections of a citizen...they still have won. Interesting dilemma. I say we destroy our enemies first, then work on bringing our bruised civil liberties back...first things first, eh?

Its an amusing situation when you have terrorists who despise everything Liberals are about yet you have Liberals who want to give them human rights.

Put them in the room together and when the terrorists have beheaded the Liberals perhaps they'll have learnt something. Shame they'd all be dead then lol.

• Like 3

Its an amusing situation when you have terrorists who despise everything Liberals are about yet you have Liberals who want to give them human rights.

Put them in the room together and when the terrorists have beheaded the Liberals perhaps they'll have learnt something. Shame they'd all be dead then lol.

it is amusing, the liberal types refuse to accept reality. remember the British chap one of these latter day do-gooders who was minutes away from getting his head cut off and the SAS stormed in killing the terrorists and rescuing the hostage. it took him three days to say thank you, and showed the lack of awareness all liberals exhibit by saying he will probably go back. thank god liberals are a minority, trouble is even as a minority they infest every nook and cranny of government and public life. the civil servants who serve government have not changed and need throwing out. the same civil servants for labour are still behind the scenes of this coalition government. did you see the stunt they pulled in prime ministers questions a few weeks back. were they purposely withheld information so the government front bench were caught off guard - so replying wrong figures. its a dirty game politics. until we replace the civil servants who have been pulling the strings and steering the countries policies for the last 20 years are removed we will continue with much of the same rubbish.

• Like 4

Strange isn't it that Tony Blair & his government can snuff out someone like David Kelly, but we act all powerless with this piece of s**t

• Like 2

To the rest of the world our legal system must look idiotic and incomprehensible

Its not just the rest of the world, its the majority of British people too.

• Like 1

Ideal sequence of events.......Suitcase - taxi - airport - aeroplane - bye bye! "Abu Qatada? No sorry, we've no idea where he is at the moment."

Ideal sequence of events .... umbrella - accidentally bumped - sting - cough cough "I don't feel well" - no autopsy because of his beliefs - hole in the ground.

• Like 3

I don't see why we cant send the judges who are blocking all our attempts to extradite him to Jordan with him, if they're so interested in his human rights why they cant be the judicators of his trial, or at least have a top european judge head the trial, I wonder how many would see things different after the thought of months sweating in a hotel room in the middle east

Are we providing defence lawyers to protect his appeals,or are they Al-Qaeda guys ?.

• Like 2

Are we providing defence lawyers to protect his appeals,or are they Al-Qaeda guys ?.

The public revulsion towards Qatada is unlikely to affect his lawyer, who has previously represented Myra Hindley and Jon Venables, one of the killers of James Bulger.

----------------------------------

Says it all really!!

would not surprise me if he was trying to get Abu a new identity right now! shave the beard, get rid of the frock and sandals and get a job in KFC!!

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 2

Its not just the rest of the world, its the majority of British people too.

I suspect political parties are tied down to stop them representing the people by minority stakeholders.

My impression is that if a politician broke ranks and said I'd stop immigration, deport terrorists, give serious criminals the death penalty, leave the EU, put Britain through a new industrial revolution, then go and restablish Britain as a military and economic superpower they'd have him/her out of the party so fast their feet wouldnt touch the ground.

• Like 2

I suspect political parties are tied down to stop them representing the people by minority stakeholders.

My impression is that if a politician broke ranks and said I'd stop immigration, deport terrorists, give serious criminals the death penalty, leave the EU, put Britain through a new industrial revolution, then go and restablish Britain as a military and economic superpower they'd have him/her out of the party so fast their feet wouldnt touch the ground.

His feet would be with the rest of his body more like, 6ft under.....but it would have been suicide......yep, that old chestnut.

• Like 1

The public revulsion towards Qatada is unlikely to affect his lawyer, who has previously represented Myra Hindley and Jon Venables, one of the killers of James Bulger.

----------------------------------

Says it all really!!

would not surprise me if he was trying to get Abu a new identity right now! shave the beard, get rid of the frock and sandals and get a job in KFC!!

The problem is that if he took off his nightie,and shaved his whiskers, no one would know who he is and he could change his name and live in Bradford forever.
  • Like 1

The problem is that if he took off his nightie,and shaved his whiskers, no one would know who he is and he could change his name and live in Bradford forever.

he could be there right now in any number of corner shops, the one see on telly could just be a double!

he could be there right now in any number of corner shops, the one see on telly could just be a double!

Well he isn't in our Fish & Chip shop because Elvis works there.
  • Like 1

And he is not working at our local serving up the pork roast carvery on a Sunday.

We will find this guy!

What a lot of people don't understand is we can't send him to a country where he's likely to be tortured or use evidence against him, which they got while he was tortured.

Because it will look bad on us and also means whenever our citizens get tortured or mistreated in any other countries they'll use his case against us.

I don't like him as much as the next guy but it's a tricky situation

What a lot of people don't understand is we can't send him to a country where he's likely to be tortured or use evidence against him, which they got while he was tortured.

Because it will look bad on us and also means whenever our citizens get tortured or mistreated in any other countries they'll use his case against us.

I don't like him as much as the next guy but it's a tricky situation

correct me if I'm wrong - but he's not a citizen. He's someone living in the country but who is a "citizen" of another country.

• Like 2

correct me if I'm wrong - but he's not a citizen. He's someone living in the country but who is a "citizen" of another country.

At the moment he's in the Slammer getting 3 meals a day and watching T.V.until his appeal comes up,but his wife and kids are still claiming benefits from the state.

What a lot of people don't understand is we can't send him to a country where he's likely to be tortured or use evidence against him, which they got while he was tortured. Because it will look bad on us and also means whenever our citizens get tortured or mistreated in any other countries they'll use his case against us. I don't like him as much as the next guy but it's a tricky situation

Have you heard yourself?

This guy is not a white fluffy bunny he's been planning terrorist attacks. He wants to murder those like me, you and the rest of our people. You do understand that dont you?

If I was PM not only would he be deported straight to Jordan regardless of the liberals throughout the EU moaning I'd make sure he cant do any terrorists act there too - I'd have his arms and legs sawn off before we deport the ****.

• Like 5