Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why?

PulsE

i was wondering why people of my same age wants to learn TK

i want to know your purpose

im not that interested in this TK thing but im curious about your objectives

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• drakonwick

• DfizzleShizzle

• The Skeptic Eric Raven

• Sporkling

i was wondering why people of my same age wants to learn TK

i want to know your purpose

All right, but... what age ARE you? It would certainly make it easier to answer the question.

Why would ANYbody want to learn telekinesis? Simple: to pick up chicks! (Get it?)

Why would ANYbody want to learn telekinesis? Simple: to pick up chicks! (Get it?)

Hahah, :lol: Actually that was pretty funny.

LMAO. :lol:

Hahaha to pick up chicks, I get it.

I think, with teens, is that going through puberty (always thought that was an odd word...) anyway, they (we) often get depressed easily and turn to something that sets them us apart from the others- and not many people step forward to the public and say they can make things fly around the room. (Don't quote me on that, it's a figure of speech, not meant to be taken 100% literally). And for me it's that I am amused easily and especially with PSI balls, become fascinated and it's the only thing that can hold my attention for over 5minutes.

With all the talk about it now I want to try it. Oooo maybe I could make my own power. I'll channel my chakra and form a a a a....disk that I can throw at people and it will shock them. Soooo coool. :w00t::ph34r::w00t::ph34r: hehehee. It could keep going on put then Id just be spamming. :w00t:<-----that was my last one i swear.

if their purpose is just to become cool then in my opinion they just waste their energy

why move objects with mind if you can move it with your hands

much easier

anyway if there is a better purpose then i might understand them why they try those stuffs

I am learning it, just for the heck of learning it really...And ha, pick up chicks..funny...

I have three reasons.

First, I want to know that it is possible.

I already suspect this, but the best proof is personal experience.

Second, I can think of times that it would be useful on a physical level.

Building a house, or a bridge, or retrieving something from across the river etc..

Third, to be able to demonstrate this to someone else.

Again, the best proof is personal experience, and it would be a life-changing event for someone to witness it, hopefully this would inspire them to "get out of the box" and do something to further elevate humanity.

ok am a teen

my exact age? nvm

I believe they're called hormones. When these are coursing through every inch of your body you feel weird.

You want to find out who you are (hence the willingness to pick weird and bizarre paths), like learning TK.

However life will soon grab you by the scruf and throw you about a little, just to let you know who's boss.

You will then hopefully realize (this is the becoming an adult part) even though you believe in something so hard, it doesn't make it real.

You'll realize you are no different from anyone else and that any skill you have can also be learned by others and vice versa. While simultaneously rooting out those that are phony (TK - Talking to the dead etc...) .

Hopefully - You'll see the world - Get a nice wife - Have wonderful children - Grow old - Die. Not necessarily in that order...But be sure to have a good one. I do!

Edited by Cr33p

...and don't forget the salt.

Whats the point of going through life so close mindly anyways? It makes life so boring, everyone believeing in the mainstream concept of what "reality" really is...

Whats the point of going through life so close mindly anyways? It makes life so boring, everyone believeing in the mainstream concept of what "reality" really is...

I do have an open mnd! I do not mind playing around and goofing off with it either.

But, when you start acting as if all these claims are really true then thats a whole different thing all together.

There are limitations to what humans are capable of, (The limitations being magic, and altering stuff with mere thought.)

There has never been any credible evidence to suggest otherwise that humans can perform such feats.

Regards,

Tom

I do have an open mnd! I do not mind playing around and goofing off with it either.

But, when you start acting as if all these claims are really true then thats a whole different thing all together.

There are limitations to what humans are capable of, (The limitations being magic, and altering stuff with mere thought.)

There has never been any credible evidence to suggest otherwise that humans can perform such feats.

Regards,

Tom

I do agree there are limitations, but we have not yet discovered those limitations...Science is in its beginning, we don't know even 10% of the stuff about this world, and this life...So those limitations, are only limited to what we can only now imagine...

We just like people that tell the truth. Not make up stories.

I do agree there are limitations, but we have not yet discovered those limitations...Science is in its beginning, we don't know even 10% of the stuff about this world, and this life...So those limitations, are only limited to what we can only now imagine...

We may not understand how the mind works completely Heart! But, science has gained enough information about

the brain, as well as the body, to know what those limitations are. You just don't seem to want to get a grasp on that.

If any of these abilities were to actually become fact, it would be through technology advancements, not through some

mysterious abilities hidden or locked away in the mind or body.

Regards,

Tom

But, science has gained enough information about the brain, as well as the body, to know what those limitations are.

This sounds like an assumption.

In fact, it sounds like the same thing I've been hearing for 20 years

Is it still true that we use only ten percent of our brains?

This sounds like an assumption.

In fact, it sounds like the same thing I've been hearing for 20 years

Is it still true that we use only ten percent of our brains?

No, that is nothing but a myth.

The 10% statement may have been started with a misquote of Albert Einstein or the

misinterpretation of the work of Pierre Flourens in the 1800s. It may have been

William James who wrote in 1908: "We are making use of only a small

part of our possible mental and physical resources" (from The Energies of

Men, p. 12). Perhaps it was the work of Karl Lashley in the 1920s and

1930s that started it.

Perhaps when people use the 10% brain statement, they mean that only one out of every ten nerve cells is

essential or used at any one time? How would such a measurement be made? Even if neurons are not

firing action potentials, they may still be receiving signals from other neurons.

Link- 10% Brain Myth

Edited by Moro Bumbleroot

Whew, glad we got that cleared up.

Sorry to go off topic

Anyway

Yeah, the power of thought is pretty amazing from what I have seen, of course telekinesis is a super-intriguing idea to most who have experienced any sort of impossible mind trick

And perhaps levitation is not too far from telekinesis

And we all now how cool that would be

Sorry to go off topic

Anyway

Yeah, the power of thought is pretty amazing from what I have seen, of course telekinesis is a super-intriguing idea to most who have experienced any sort of impossible mind trick

I suppose if a person can levitate objects with Tk! Then they should be able to levitate themselves as well.

Sorry to go off topic

Anyway

Yes. All of it would be very cool and skeptics would love to see it be real, but nothing to show of it but made up stories, tricks, and hoaxes.

We may not understand how the mind works completely Heart! But, science has gained enough information about

the brain, as well as the body, to know what those limitations are. You just don't seem to want to get a grasp on that.

If any of these abilities were to actually become fact, it would be through technology advancements, not through some

mysterious abilities hidden or locked away in the mind or body.

Regards,

Tom

Alot about the brain huh? Then why is there still, a whole portion of the brain, they cant find out what its for....What we know now, will be dwarfed by future discoveries, that will change reality as we know it today...Like it or not...