Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 3 votes

How Bad were Things Before Obama?

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#76    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 18,714 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 05 November 2013 - 01:29 AM

View Postdanielost, on 04 November 2013 - 04:55 AM, said:

Obama has done nothing except try to become a dictator.   Bush put to much power in th hands of the government with the patriat act, and obama took what buh started and put the government in charge of your health.
He didn't exactly quickly reverse any of the extra powers Bush put into place now did he?

View PostYamato, on 04 November 2013 - 05:44 AM, said:

Go to a broken website that couldn't work after three years and $650 whatever million was dumped into it, usually to find out how the penalties work and how to avoid them, realize you qualify for Medicaid, and then that you don't have to pay any Obamacare premiums after all! What a deal!   It's "free", and as every good statist knows, "free" means affordable!  
When I was playing with the website, it had no problems sending me to the Medicare site to sign up. I was using a family of 4 with about a $50K income, and it sent me to Medicare. I never thought of 50K as Poverty??

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#77    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 30,356 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 01:30 AM

Our next currency will be computer credits.

I am a Mormon.  If I don't use Mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other Mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the Mormon faith. Thanks for caring and if you don't peace be with you.

#78    RavenHawk

RavenHawk

Poltergeist

• 3,093 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 01:41 AM

View Postdanielost, on 05 November 2013 - 01:30 AM, said:

Our next currency will be computer credits.
Or something like this (a tattoo on the hand or forehead):

Posted Image

Edited by RavenHawk, 05 November 2013 - 01:42 AM.

*Signature removed* Forum Rules

#79    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 18,714 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 01:44 AM

View PostRavenHawk, on 05 November 2013 - 01:41 AM, said:

Or something like this (a tattoo on the hand or forehead):

Posted Image
A tiny chip under the skin would be easier.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#80    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,047 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 05 November 2013 - 01:52 AM

View Postdanielost, on 04 November 2013 - 05:00 AM, said:

It affects everyone.

wrong again. 270million of 300+ million ALREADY HAVE insurance and are not affected.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#81    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,047 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 05 November 2013 - 01:54 AM

View PostYamato, on 04 November 2013 - 05:44 AM, said:

Go to a broken website that couldn't work after three years and $650 whatever million

both incorrect. The contracts were doled out last year. The dollars above are for 10 years.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#82    RavenHawk

RavenHawk

Poltergeist

• 3,093 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 01:55 AM

View Postninjadude, on 05 November 2013 - 01:52 AM, said:

wrong again. 270million of 300+ million ALREADY HAVE insurance and are not affected.
And up to 270 million have crappy insurance.

*Signature removed* Forum Rules

#83    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 18,714 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 02:06 AM

As long as you define "not affected" as meaning that their Premiums, Deductables, Choice of Plans available, might all change (But then they might have changed anyway...), and that the new CadillacTax will be charged to them.

This year I had fewer Company offered plans (Basically only High Deductable Plans anymore), partly due to standards changing so that previous plans no longer exist. That affected me.

Tens of millions of Union workers, and other highly paid workers, with good insurance are going to be affected when there is a 40% tax placed on the value of their insurance.

#84    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,936 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 03:49 AM

View PostDieChecker, on 05 November 2013 - 01:29 AM, said:

He didn't exactly quickly reverse any of the extra powers Bush put into place now did he?
Exactly!

a family of 4 with about a $50K income, and it sent me to Medicare. I never thought of 50K as Poverty??
That's Medicare bro, not Medicaid.   But the family of four and the $50k number got me thinking...could that be considered poverty in Portland?  I understand that prices there are much higher than average.

View Postninjadude, on 05 November 2013 - 01:54 AM, said:

both incorrect. The contracts were doled out last year. The dollars above are for 10 years.
What?  Do you have a source for the start of Obamacare you can share?  

I do.
http://www.whitehous...thcare-overview

Since March 23, 2010.  It's time to start calling it four years, not three.

And they contracted out for 10 years with a bloated, inoperable and vulnerable website.  How intelligent is that?

And that's another thing, why isn't a lot of this programming open source code?

"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#85    Agent0range

Agent0range

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 01:31 PM

View PostYamato, on 05 November 2013 - 03:49 AM, said:

Exactly!

That's Medicare bro, not Medicaid.   But the family of four and the $50k number got me thinking...could that be considered poverty in Portland?  I understand that prices there are much higher than average.

What?  Do you have a source for the start of Obamacare you can share?  

I do.
http://www.whitehous...thcare-overview

Since March 23, 2010.  It's time to start calling it four years, not three.

And they contracted out for 10 years with a bloated, inoperable and vulnerable website.  How intelligent is that?

And that's another thing, why isn't a lot of this programming open source code?

Most of the code is open source.  The contractors are being hit with copyright violations because they did not cite the company in the "notes" of the code...the only stipulation to use it for free.

#86    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 30,356 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 05:20 PM

Whose premiums are going to go up to help pay for all those people whom the insurance companies can't say no to anymore.  As I said it affects everyone.

I am a Mormon.  If I don't use Mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other Mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the Mormon faith. Thanks for caring and if you don't peace be with you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users