Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Game of Thrones

• Please log in to reply
486 replies to this topic

#241    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:53 AM

View PostWordless Wanderer, on 05 June 2013 - 11:38 AM, said:

The Red Wedding in the show was less gruesome as compared to the book. But I think it was for the better. Anyone else excited for the season finale ?

I'm afraid !

Miss me?

#242    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 16,219 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:00 PM

To be quite frank, I'm just hoping RR Martin doesn't kill off everyone that's remotely moral and conclude with some real 'evil doer' taking the Iron Throne.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

"All that live must die, passing through nature into eternity" ~Shakespeare~ Posted Image

#243    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,191 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:48 PM

View PostLilly, on 05 June 2013 - 12:00 PM, said:

To be quite frank, I'm just hoping RR Martin doesn't kill off everyone that's remotely moral and conclude with some real 'evil doer' taking the Iron Throne.
He said that the final book will be like on the grounds of Lord Of the Rings, so im guessing that Dany could be the future queen

#244    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,462 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 11:51 AM

View PostLilly, on 05 June 2013 - 12:00 PM, said:

A real evil doer is on the Iron Throne right now but I think you mean killing off all the claimants that are remotely moral, which I think would be all of them.

It seems likely we'll never see the conclusion of the story with the actors on this show unfortunately.  Unless Martin alters the timeline of the books by creating a huge hole in the story by skipping years ahead and casting the same actors years from now (or worse dying before he finishes and taking the story's conclusion with him), we're going to end up with lookalikes taking their places and that's never a good idea for production quality.   Martin was writing 'A Game of Thrones' 20 years ago.  Since then, he's published five books.  If it's taking him four years to write each book, that's four years to shut down production for a new season.   Many of the people in the books are a lot younger than the actors in the show which makes the chronological gap even worse.  The show will have to suffer even if it does somehow reach the end.    Or he'll have to start writing three times faster and the books will suffer.  Either way, I'm afraid we've hit the high point of the 'Game of Thrones' HBO production.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#245    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 4,901 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 12:57 PM

View PostYamato, on 06 June 2013 - 11:51 AM, said:

A real evil doer is on the Iron Throne right now but I think you mean killing off all the claimants that are remotely moral, which I think would be all of them.

It seems likely we'll never see the conclusion of the story with the actors on this show unfortunately.  Unless Martin alters the timeline of the books by creating a huge hole in the story by skipping years ahead and casting the same actors years from now (or worse dying before he finishes and taking the story's conclusion with him), we're going to end up with lookalikes taking their places and that's never a good idea for production quality.   Martin was writing 'A Game of Thrones' 20 years ago.  Since then, he's published five books.  If it's taking him four years to write each book, that's four years to shut down production for a new season.   Many of the people in the books are a lot younger than the actors in the show which makes the chronological gap even worse.  The show will have to suffer even if it does somehow reach the end. Or he'll have to start writing three times faster and the books will suffer.  Either way, I'm afraid we've hit the high point of the 'Game of Thrones' HBO production.

The biggest problem is the kids.  Arya and Bran get major storlines but they are growing fast.  Bran you can hide since he isn't up and walking about but if Arya has a major growth spurt we'll just have to buy into it as she is a phenomenal actress who owns the part and replacing her would be a really bad move.  They can't do it IMHO.  The rest of the kids are off-screen now and no longer a factor.  Cersei aging will play well into her storyline and they have already alluded to this by suggesting she is to old to give Flowers an heir.    Regardless, get with it GRRM, I'd liek to continue reading the series.

You asked for Obamamerica, now you are going to get it.  Stand by for suck or as Pelosi says, "Embrace the suck".

#246    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,191 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 02:00 PM

Well you be pleased to know that the next book will be out next year I think, according to wiki, well it was on wiki. Though i think its focusing more in the Beyond The Wall and the Greyjoys.

http://en.wikipedia....Winds_of_Winter

Edited by The New Richard Nixon, 06 June 2013 - 02:06 PM.

#247    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,191 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 02:10 PM

View PostMerc14, on 06 June 2013 - 12:57 PM, said:

The biggest problem is the kids.  Arya and Bran get major storlines but they are growing fast.  Bran you can hide since he isn't up and walking about but if Arya has a major growth spurt we'll just have to buy into it as she is a phenomenal actress who owns the part and replacing her would be a really bad move.  They can't do it IMHO.  The rest of the kids are off-screen now and no longer a factor.  Cersei aging will play well into her storyline and they have already alluded to this by suggesting she is to old to give Flowers an heir. Regardless, get with it GRRM, I'd liek to continue reading the series.
But in the books GRRM does say that some chapters could last a week, a month or even more. So you could say aging does happen in the books

#248    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 16,219 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 06 June 2013 - 03:52 PM

Well, since the book series is incomplete I can't see how it's possible for the mini-series to conclude? Perhaps they'll just stop and leave everything hanging? Doesn't seem to bode well for the viewers though.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

"All that live must die, passing through nature into eternity" ~Shakespeare~ Posted Image

#249    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 4,901 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 06:52 PM

View PostLilly, on 06 June 2013 - 03:52 PM, said:

Well, since the book series is incomplete I can't see how it's possible for the mini-series to conclude? Perhaps they'll just stop and leave everything hanging? Doesn't seem to bode well for the viewers though.

There is an interview with the producers somewhere in this thread, I believe, where this very issue is discussed by them.   I'll try and find it when on a better computer  but check out this article on reactions to the Red Wedding.
http://www.latimes.c...0,5089128.story

Wow, people are furious.

You asked for Obamamerica, now you are going to get it.  Stand by for suck or as Pelosi says, "Embrace the suck".

#250    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,191 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:06 PM

It's people who have not read the books and people will continue to watch the series even next season.

#251    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:38 PM

View PostMerc14, on 06 June 2013 - 06:52 PM, said:

There is an interview with the producers somewhere in this thread, I believe, where this very issue is discussed by them.   I'll try and find it when on a better computer  but check out this article on reactions to the Red Wedding.
http://www.latimes.c...0,5089128.story

Wow, people are furious.

We've been coddled into a false sense of reality by Hollywood. Cool and sympathetic characters never die .

Miss me?

#252    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 4,901 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 02:36 AM

What a way to go out!  Awesome show and finale.  :clap:

#253    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,191 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 08:54 AM

Production should start soon :clap:

#254    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:05 AM

I am not pleased !
#*!@&#&$*!!!

Miss me?

#255    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 25,515 posts

• Paranoid Android... No power in the verse can stop me...

Posted 10 June 2013 - 03:20 PM

Waaaahhh, another 9 months before Season 4.  I really enjoyed this episode, though as far as cliffhangers go I think this is the weakest ending scene in the three season so far. I mean, season 1 we saw the birth of the dragons, in season 2 we saw the White Walkers leading hoards of zombies, this season felt just a little less epic considering that.  But in saying that the episode itself was really engaging.  An overall fantastic way for the season to end.

Spoiler
I can't believe we need to wait so long for Season 4 :(

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users