Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

New Chronology VS Conventional Chronology


  • Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#31    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

    Buratinologist

  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts
  • Joined:22 Sep 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:страна дураков

Posted 06 October 2012 - 11:16 AM

View PostHarsh86_Patel, on 06 October 2012 - 09:44 AM, said:

Languages are also retained under the pain of conquests or migrations,you can take for example the ottoman rule of greece etc there are ample examples.No language can dissappear or be discarded in a period of 50 years which is pretty much a single generation,it is next to impossible that a person who has spoken a language for first 20 years of his life will stop using it in a time period of 50 years,i don't know what is a historians take on this but i would surely laugh at such an idea.Modiftying a language to a large extent and a language dying out gradually are two seperate processes but a time period of 50 years is two small for either to have happened.
Ofcourse if a invasion takes place and all the natives are killed or reduced to a negligible population then the native language may dissappear but as long as a sufficient population of natives remain the language will survive and if it has to will die a slow and gradual death.

I believe I am correct about Lombards and English, and 50 years in those days, particularly for a tribe in such circumstances, would be about 1.5 generations. I did not state they had lost all their German words in 50 years, simply that they did not speak a Germanic language. Probably a hybrid that soon, by the historical records, had almost no German words left.

And Fomenko?.....

Some more of his nonsense. In his book "Реконструкция всеобщей истории" (Reconstruction of world history), he states that Pope Innocent III (1160 - 1216, living in Rome) and Kniaz (prince) Ivan Kalita (1283 - 1341, living in Moscow and Novgorod) are the same person. I use them as an example because they are verifiable real people with dates of birth and death and what they did in life.


#32    kmt_sesh

kmt_sesh

    Telekinetic

  • 7,718 posts
  • Joined:08 Jul 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Chicago, Illinois

Posted 07 October 2012 - 02:13 AM

View PostHarsh86_Patel, on 06 October 2012 - 05:20 AM, said:

As far as i know Fomenko's hypothesis have offended historians and young Earth creationists alike.I know that we have dated the Rossetta stone in a relative fashion and not an absolute fashion.
I am being the devil's advocate here,but maybe the traditional pattern of language succession may not be accurate and many languages that we think are isolated may have been contemporary and eventually a few get wiped out because of wide scale use or poupularity of the others.I feel abrupt language changes cannot be justified historically.

None of the languages I mentioned abruptly disappeared. Coptic, for instance, is somewhat of an artificial designation and describes the script more so than the spoken word. After all, the spoken word of Coptic is merely the last development of the pharaonic language spoken in Egypt for millennia. The Egyptians used the Greek alphabet as well as several characters from their own demotic script to create the Coptic alphabet. The Arabic language did not even exist in pharaonic times but was a later development of one language from numerous Central Semitic tongues.

You're proving my own point. While I certainly agree with Atentutankh in the way that certain languages might abruptly change, the languages I mentioned evolved over a long time. And from ancient written texts in ancient Egyptian as well as Arabic, linguists can track how the grammar and syntax of these languages evolved over time. The new chronology takes none of this into account. It compresses great lengths of history into an indefensible model that cannot survive scrutiny. And I'm talking only about linguistics here. The greater body of scientific and historical studies renders the new chronology into tatters.

Posted Image
Words of wisdom from Richard Clopton:
For every credibility gap there is a gullibility fill.

Visit My Blog!

#33    Harsh86_Patel

Harsh86_Patel

    Psychic Spy

  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts
  • Joined:08 Aug 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:India

  • If you stare into the abyss,the abyss stares back into you

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:02 AM

View PostAtentutankh-pasheri, on 06 October 2012 - 11:16 AM, said:

I believe I am correct about Lombards and English, and 50 years in those days, particularly for a tribe in such circumstances, would be about 1.5 generations. I did not state they had lost all their German words in 50 years, simply that they did not speak a Germanic language. Probably a hybrid that soon, by the historical records, had almost no German words left.

And Fomenko?.....

Some more of his nonsense. In his book "Реконструкция всеобщей истории" (Reconstruction of world history), he states that Pope Innocent III (1160 - 1216, living in Rome) and Kniaz (prince) Ivan Kalita (1283 - 1341, living in Moscow and Novgorod) are the same person. I use them as an example because they are verifiable real people with dates of birth and death and what they did in life.
Like i mentioned earlier Fomenko's technique and conclusions are not very innaccurate,if he has reached a conclusion it will be very difficult to prove the contrary based on evidence we have since he takes into account this missing or unreliable evidence to formulate his ideas,only real objective criticism of his technique can come from counter archeoastronomical evidence and assertations of radio carbon dating in some of his arguments.Other then that there is no real logic flaw or objective criticism of his technique or infferences,even if we take into account  the contrary evidence based on archeoastronomy and radio carbon dating still they cannot prove false many of his conclusions or comparisons objectively and can contest only the parts of history which have not been asserted by him.My friend he is checking the reliability of sources that state the birth and death of these famous people that you talk about,his argument runs on a similar course as people who deny there was ever a historical jesus as all we have are tertiary sorces and that too are pretty inconclusive (hence i posted a link above where such a scenario was debated by Tiggs).Like i said before that you might not like his personal interpretations of world history but he has effectively pointed out the short comings of objective proofs in our mainstream chronology of history.


#34    Harsh86_Patel

Harsh86_Patel

    Psychic Spy

  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts
  • Joined:08 Aug 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:India

  • If you stare into the abyss,the abyss stares back into you

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:12 AM

View Postkmt_sesh, on 07 October 2012 - 02:13 AM, said:

None of the languages I mentioned abruptly disappeared. Coptic, for instance, is somewhat of an artificial designation and describes the script more so than the spoken word. After all, the spoken word of Coptic is merely the last development of the pharaonic language spoken in Egypt for millennia. The Egyptians used the Greek alphabet as well as several characters from their own demotic script to create the Coptic alphabet. The Arabic language did not even exist in pharaonic times but was a later development of one language from numerous Central Semitic tongues.

You're proving my own point. While I certainly agree with Atentutankh in the way that certain languages might abruptly change, the languages I mentioned evolved over a long time. And from ancient written texts in ancient Egyptian as well as Arabic, linguists can track how the grammar and syntax of these languages evolved over time. The new chronology takes none of this into account. It compresses great lengths of history into an indefensible model that cannot survive scrutiny. And I'm talking only about linguistics here. The greater body of scientific and historical studies renders the new chronology into tatters.
Whether there is physical eveidence for a language or script it is difficult to gulp down that a popularly spoken language can dissappear from the native population in a matter of 50 years,if evaluated psychologically it is very difficult to explain like i said other then the scenario in which whole populations are massacred,death penaly is issued for speaking a particular language or the native population is enslaved and diffused geographically to not allow any interaction.No matter how much cultural interaction two populations speaking different languages have none will readily give up or even chose to dramatically alter their native language,though loan words are common and can be easily explained.Wide spread changes in spoken language can only be explained by invasion and violent or coersive(economically coersive along with imperialistic events as in the case of spread of English in the modern world) interactions and cultural influences cannot be the answer.


#35    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

    Buratinologist

  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts
  • Joined:22 Sep 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:страна дураков

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:40 AM

View PostHarsh86_Patel, on 08 October 2012 - 06:02 AM, said:

Like i mentioned earlier Fomenko's technique and conclusions are not very innaccurate,if he has reached a conclusion it will be very difficult to prove the contrary based on evidence we have since he takes into account this missing or unreliable evidence to formulate his ideas,only real objective criticism of his technique can come from counter archeoastronomical evidence and assertations of radio carbon dating in some of his arguments.Other then that there is no real logic flaw or objective criticism of his technique or infferences,even if we take into account  the contrary evidence based on archeoastronomy and radio carbon dating still they cannot prove false many of his conclusions or comparisons objectively and can contest only the parts of history which have not been asserted by him.My friend he is checking the reliability of sources that state the birth and death of these famous people that you talk about,his argument runs on a similar course as people who deny there was ever a historical jesus as all we have are tertiary sorces and that too are pretty inconclusive (hence i posted a link above where such a scenario was debated by Tiggs).Like i said before that you might not like his personal interpretations of world history but he has effectively pointed out the short comings of objective proofs in our mainstream chronology of history.

I don't care what nonsense he, or anybody else believes. It is that I am tired of seeing so many charlatans taking $$$ from the gullible. Yes yes, there is caveat emptor, though many forget this when confronted by the slick pagaging and words designed to make you feel happy and are an initiate in some great secret.

I think to say there could be a problem with dates of people living in the 12th and 13th centuries AD is stretching the imagination. It simply is not possible that Innocent III and Ivan Kalita are the same person. Their very bones still exist as proof they are two different individuals. New chronology is nonsense, nonsense on stilts and wearing a red nose and clowns hat, and laughing very loudly all the way to the bank...

Edited by Atentutankh-pasheri, 08 October 2012 - 08:44 AM.


#36    Harsh86_Patel

Harsh86_Patel

    Psychic Spy

  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts
  • Joined:08 Aug 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:India

  • If you stare into the abyss,the abyss stares back into you

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:02 AM

View PostAtentutankh-pasheri, on 08 October 2012 - 08:40 AM, said:

I don't care what nonsense he, or anybody else believes. It is that I am tired of seeing so many charlatans taking $$$ from the gullible. Yes yes, there is caveat emptor, though many forget this when confronted by the slick pagaging and words designed to make you feel happy and are an initiate in some great secret.

I think to say there could be a problem with dates of people living in the 12th and 13th centuries AD is stretching the imagination. It simply is not possible that Innocent III and Ivan Kalita are the same person. Their very bones still exist as proof they are two different individuals. New chronology is nonsense, nonsense on stilts and wearing a red nose and clowns hat, and laughing very loudly all the way to the bank...
The way you get irritated by radical ideas is very entertaining.Bones being proof of person cannot be established until you have DNA samples from both or some medical reports from the time the person was alive.$$$ is demanded and spent in mainstream history as well,doesn't seem to discredit mainstream historians also even education requires $$$ do you discredit education,so people expecting money for their work/research does not necessarily discredit their work.If not through his books which other traditional historical studies organisation is going to fund Fomenko's research?
You seem to be a person who dislikes people making money for their work.I can't comment if you will work for free for long periods of time.I can understand that some of his conclusions can make conventional histroy stand on its head but that cannot be the only reason to discredit his work.


#37    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

    Buratinologist

  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts
  • Joined:22 Sep 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:страна дураков

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:46 PM

View PostHarsh86_Patel, on 08 October 2012 - 11:02 AM, said:

The way you get irritated by radical ideas is very entertaining.Bones being proof of person cannot be established until you have DNA samples from both or some medical reports from the time the person was alive.$$$ is demanded and spent in mainstream history as well,doesn't seem to discredit mainstream historians also even education requires $$$ do you discredit education,so people expecting money for their work/research does not necessarily discredit their work.If not through his books which other traditional historical studies organisation is going to fund Fomenko's research?
You seem to be a person who dislikes people making money for their work.I can't comment if you will work for free for long periods of time.I can understand that some of his conclusions can make conventional histroy stand on its head but that cannot be the only reason to discredit his work.
You have entirely misrepresented and not understood a word I have written. This deliberate or......


#38    Harsh86_Patel

Harsh86_Patel

    Psychic Spy

  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts
  • Joined:08 Aug 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:India

  • If you stare into the abyss,the abyss stares back into you

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:57 PM

View PostAtentutankh-pasheri, on 08 October 2012 - 12:46 PM, said:

You have entirely misrepresented and not understood a word I have written. This deliberate or......
I apologise if i misunderstood what you were trying to convey.


#39    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

    Buratinologist

  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts
  • Joined:22 Sep 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:страна дураков

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:22 PM

View PostHarsh86_Patel, on 08 October 2012 - 12:57 PM, said:

I apologise if i misunderstood what you were trying to convey.
Apology not needed :)  Probably there is a clash of language here. Mostly my comments have some humour in them.This often does not translate well....

Edited by Atentutankh-pasheri, 08 October 2012 - 03:23 PM.


#40    kmt_sesh

kmt_sesh

    Telekinetic

  • 7,718 posts
  • Joined:08 Jul 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Chicago, Illinois

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:06 AM

View PostAtentutankh-pasheri, on 08 October 2012 - 03:22 PM, said:

Apology not needed :)  Probably there is a clash of language here. Mostly my comments have some humour in them.This often does not translate well....

If you're location really is KV35, I'd imagine part of the problem is maintaining a good internet connection. Of course, you're being in there might be inciting the wrath of the spirit of Amunhotep II, so you might be suffering the mummy's curse. Unless you're the vengeful spirit of Amunhotep II, in which case I think you're doing pretty damn well, considering your language was long dead and you've had to learn a whole new one, not to mention the fact that internet-connection technology in Dynasty 18 was really poor.

Listen to me. I'm so full of BS. :w00t:

Posted Image
Words of wisdom from Richard Clopton:
For every credibility gap there is a gullibility fill.

Visit My Blog!

#41    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 7,629 posts
  • Joined:18 Jun 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tennessee, USA

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:24 AM

View Postkmt_sesh, on 09 October 2012 - 02:06 AM, said:

If you're location really is KV35, I'd imagine part of the problem is maintaining a good internet connection. Of course, you're being in there might be inciting the wrath of the spirit of Amunhotep II, so you might be suffering the mummy's curse. Unless you're the vengeful spirit of Amunhotep II, in which case I think you're doing pretty damn well, considering your language was long dead and you've had to learn a whole new one, not to mention the fact that internet-connection technology in Dynasty 18 was really poor.

Listen to me. I'm so full of BS. :w00t:

Hey, no going over to "the Dark Side". Even if they do have cookies. :lol:

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#42    kmt_sesh

kmt_sesh

    Telekinetic

  • 7,718 posts
  • Joined:08 Jul 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Chicago, Illinois

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:35 AM

View Postcormac mac airt, on 09 October 2012 - 02:24 AM, said:

Hey, no going over to "the Dark Side". Even if they do have cookies. :lol:

cormac

No worries. They'd have to have milk too. I won't eat cookies without milk. :yes:

Posted Image
Words of wisdom from Richard Clopton:
For every credibility gap there is a gullibility fill.

Visit My Blog!

#43    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

    Buratinologist

  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts
  • Joined:22 Sep 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:страна дураков

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:48 AM

View Postkmt_sesh, on 09 October 2012 - 02:06 AM, said:

If you're location really is KV35, I'd imagine part of the problem is maintaining a good internet connection. Of course, you're being in there might be inciting the wrath of the spirit of Amunhotep II, so you might be suffering the mummy's curse. Unless you're the vengeful spirit of Amunhotep II, in which case I think you're doing pretty damn well, considering your language was long dead and you've had to learn a whole new one, not to mention the fact that internet-connection technology in Dynasty 18 was really poor.

Listen to me. I'm so full of BS. :w00t:

3,300 years of darkness and silence. Then noise, flickering lights, a strange barbaric language. But I was free again, free to leave my great, great, great grandfather's tomb. And here I am, hello.
Problem is that I have to wear a hat or my head will fill with water when it rains. Well, perhaps some denizens of this forum will say it is allready full, but not with water :D

Edited by Atentutankh-pasheri, 09 October 2012 - 08:54 AM.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users