Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

New Religion

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1    Boris the Spider

Boris the Spider

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 37 posts

• Evil does not exist unless I think it so.

Posted 20 June 2005 - 03:01 AM

I am suggesting this with all honesty and sincerity.

We need a new religion.

Lets take all the new ideas about spirituality that we have learned recently, look at it logically and then write a book that is a guide for people to follow. It should contain wisdom and advice on all of modern lifes concerns.

It cannot condemn anyone for being different.
It cannot condemn anyone for their sexual preference.
It cannot be taught that people will go to hell if they don't follow it.

What to do with the Bible?  Lock it up in a vault deep in the ground. Why? Because it is dangerous, it has caused confusion and conflict between humans so it must be taken away.

IMHO of course.

I now will hold my chin up and tense my muscles in preperation for the rebuttal. sad.gif

#2    _Nyx_

_Nyx_

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 11,262 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 03:12 AM

People need boundaries with religion, and without limits, what you have described isn't a religion. It's just being happy and secure with who you are. If you go to any bookstore, you will find books filled with "self-help" on accepting who and what you are, and how to live that life to the fullest.

#3    Rachael

Rachael

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 143 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 03:16 AM

Yup have to agree - unless you were going to call the religion Chaos lmao.

I think no one needs religion - we just need to believe in ourselves, do our best with what we have and avoid doing harm to others - and that will work. grin2.gif

But if you want a person to sit at the head of the religion and rake in the cash - I could do the job!!!  w00t.gif

#4    riotboy555

riotboy555

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

• Quick, for God's sake, cut off the lights.

Posted 20 June 2005 - 03:18 AM

I saw a special on the Discovery Channel on Star Wars, and George Lucas said that he based the whole Jedi and the force things on a mixture of all religions. Maybe we could follow that? geek.gif

"We're here to rock you all, no matter what you believe in."-refused
*Signature removed, exceeds permitted size guidelines - Click Here for details. :(

"Insanity in individuals is something rare - but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule." - Friedrich Nietzsche

#5    Sherapy

Sherapy

Sheri loves Sean loves Sheri...

• 22,541 posts

• Dysfunctional you can fix.

Posted 20 June 2005 - 03:52 AM

Check out The Conversation with God Books by Neale Donald Walsch they are aboiit that exactly, not that we should stop there, Great Idea, All the best to you. thumbsup.gif

#6    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 27,021 posts

• Paranoid Android... Gorram it kid, let's frak this thing and go home! Make it so!

Posted 20 June 2005 - 04:12 AM

QUOTE(riotboy555 @ Jun 20 2005, 01:18 PM)
I saw a special on the Discovery Channel on Star Wars, and George Lucas said that he based the whole Jedi and the force things on a mixture of all religions. Maybe we could follow that? geek.gif

View Post

I want to be a Jedi Knight.   thumbsup.gif

Edited by BFG, 20 June 2005 - 04:12 AM.

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#7    The Raven

The Raven

Wanderer

• 1,684 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 05:19 AM

QUOTE(Boris the Spider @ Jun 19 2005, 11:01 PM)

We need a new religion.

Lets take all the new ideas about spirituality that we have learned recently, look at it logically and then write a book that is a guide for people to follow. It should contain wisdom and advice on all of modern lifes concerns.

What to do with the Bible?  Lock it up in a vault deep in the ground. Why? Because it is dangerous, it has caused confusion and conflict between humans so it must be taken away.

IMHO of course.

I now will hold my chin up and tense my muscles in preperation for the rebuttal. sad.gif

View Post

If only we could all happily conform to the "Right" religion, huh? Well, Christianity does the same thing; converts and saves. It could be Satanists doing it, it could be Hindus doing it, either way its the same.

It shouldn't really matter to you too much what others think, because there is no way to make everyone in the world agree and conform. Simply study philosophy and religions, learn a bit from each, and move on. Eventually you'll know so much that you can take an accurate stance without having bias.

We don't need a new religion, but people need to learn about religion. So many are uneducated and biased that it is there demise. A belief system I am currently learning about and find very interesting is Kabbalah. You may not like it, but it teaches about how the world works, how to get answers, etc. Very intersting.  thumbsup.gif

Baron Wormser said:

What brought me to the woods was the longing to be with words in an undistracted place. 'Woods' and 'words' were almost identical.

Wayfarer - A Journey in Thought and Creation

#8    Bizeebutt

Bizeebutt

Psychic Spy

• 1,305 posts

• The more I learn, the more I realize I do not know.

Posted 20 June 2005 - 05:35 AM

I agree with Lila... its not about what religion you follow, because even athiests can be some of the best people.   Its about treating others with the same dignity and respect as you would have them treat you.  Sound familiar?  Wonder why its the cornerstone to every religion? They all borrow them from Philosophy...  as long as we respect each other, we WILL have a peaceful world.  Its this stinking little bug called Intolerance that seems to have infected every religion, large or small world wide and is causing all the problems.

Posted Image

you misunderestimate me

[siggy done by Biz]

On the subject of Concrete Stress Analysis...

"Iffa you haffa too mush stress, you gonna breaka you memba"
-Shih (by way of Phil)

#9    Venomshocker

Venomshocker

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 986 posts

• "Everything you are for strengthens you, everything you are against weakens you."

Posted 20 June 2005 - 05:57 AM

Yea we do need something akin to a new religon or classification.

Neale Donald Walsch has done a great job starting this as have individuals like Gregg Braden, Don Miguel Ruiz, Timothy Freke, Peter Gandy, Graham Hancock, Robert Bavaul and many other author's. Its a new movement where there is tollerence for all people from different walks of life. Where spirituallity is greatly valued and no specific religon is followed, or a set of rules has been set. Its ideologies are loosely based on gnosticism, humanism, buddahism, hinduism, egyptian religon according to the hermetica, and also many other ancient  and modern sources.

Its really as if a new universal paradigm in spirituality is being formed. What should we name ourselves is something I have thought over alot. But alas I cant think of anything. It would seem a great injustice to label this new spiritual paradigm. Its as if you were trying to put it in a box, and thats exactly what were trying to avoid. There will always be variation in thoughts and ideologies among the people of this new paradigm and thats what's so unique about this new spirituality. Thought and knowledge should be allowed to flow freely, and to constantly evolve. This new spirituality is not static but undergoing constant metamorphosis. It is a dynamic spirituality which matches are wonderful dynamic universe.  w00t.gif

Gestalt Reality
"Ultimately there is no such thing as meaning, only experience and creativity."  ~ Pleiadians

#10    Bizeebutt

Bizeebutt

Psychic Spy

• 1,305 posts

• The more I learn, the more I realize I do not know.

Posted 20 June 2005 - 06:34 AM

Bravo!!!!  well said, take a bow!!
clap.gif  clap.gif  clap.gif  clap.gif  clap.gif
notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif

Posted Image

you misunderestimate me

[siggy done by Biz]

On the subject of Concrete Stress Analysis...

"Iffa you haffa too mush stress, you gonna breaka you memba"
-Shih (by way of Phil)

#11    Boris the Spider

Boris the Spider

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 37 posts

• Evil does not exist unless I think it so.

Posted 20 June 2005 - 02:11 PM

w00t.gif
Great!!  Thanks to all for such insight.  I am now thinking we are finally making positive progress toward a different society after all.  Too bad it has to be so slow eh?

Respectfully,

Boris  thumbsup.gif

#12    TaintedDoughnuts

TaintedDoughnuts

Voted Most Original Username 2005

• 1,542 posts

• Moo.

Posted 20 June 2005 - 02:19 PM

Why make another one? We already have enough religions!  I'll stay Christian though, thank you original.gif  Anyways, if you think you can start a religion, be our guest!  Make your own holy book!  (but name one sub book in it Cornelius, ok? grin2.gif )  I'm sure you'll get a couple thousand followers if you make a website and go international.  

P.S. Sorry if I sound sarcastic.  I didn't mean to be.  original.gif

#13    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 27,021 posts

• Paranoid Android... Gorram it kid, let's frak this thing and go home! Make it so!

Posted 20 June 2005 - 03:00 PM

Like Tainted, I'll remain Christian.

That aside, I thought I'd comment on this thread.  Don't get me wrong here, I'm not dissing the idea, just commenting, k.  The paradox with this is that when one classifies this as a new "religion" it becomes fundamentally the same as every other religion around, ie. set of doctrines, laws and beliefs, even if the doctrine is simply "there is no set doctrine".  Even a loose society or gathering will eventually have to register itself as an organisation/business, or risk breaking the law of the land, thus leading to a set of beliefs again.

The only way which you can keep this from becoming like all other religions then is by keeping it solely in the heart of the individual (what some may consider to be Faith).  And in today's society of tolerance and multiculturalism, isn't that what we're moving towards anyway?

All the best,

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#14    GodsMessenger

GodsMessenger

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 03:49 PM

QUOTE(Boris the Spider @ Jun 19 2005, 10:01 PM)

We need a new religion.

What to do with the Bible?  Lock it up in a vault deep in the ground. Why? Because it is dangerous, it has caused confusion and conflict between humans so it must be taken away.

IMHO of course.

View Post

I found this looking up Christ Consciouness

http://www.plotinus.com/moral_code.htm

#15    TaintedDoughnuts

TaintedDoughnuts

Voted Most Original Username 2005

• 1,542 posts

• Moo.

Posted 20 June 2005 - 03:51 PM

QUOTE(GodsMessenger @ Jun 20 2005, 08:49 AM)
I found this looking up Christ Consciouness

http://www.plotinus.com/moral_code.htm

View Post

That's pretty cool!  if only everybody would act like that.  hmm.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users