Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 4 votes

The Walking Dead (TV Series)

• Please log in to reply
1150 replies to this topic

#556    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,688 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:31 AM

View PostCrimsonKing, on 19 February 2013 - 11:21 AM, said:

I dont know why i never read the comics,i just have had a feeling merle is one of those characters most love to hate but he has more to him than is originnaly thought.A bit rough around the edges so to say.I can identify with that.Rick i am a bit lost on,i think this last episode though was a wake up call for him.

Yea I havent read the comics either. I did read the 2 books they came out with recently though. The first one Rise of the Govenor was really good. The second Road to Woodbury wasnt as good as the first. If you are into this show though I highly recomend both.

Yea I doubt Rick is gonna spend any more time chasing ghosts for awhile.

Some things are true, even if you dont believe them.

#557    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:40 AM

View Postpreacherman76, on 19 February 2013 - 11:31 AM, said:

Yea I havent read the comics either. I did read the 2 books they came out with recently though. The first one Rise of the Govenor was really good. The second Road to Woodbury wasnt as good as the first. If you are into this show though I highly recomend both.

Yea I doubt Rick is gonna spend any more time chasing ghosts for awhile.

Through the highs and lows this show has me hooked,one of the only ones on tv in a long time i cant miss!I will give the books a try,i am usually one who reads the books then critiques everything though so i may wait a bit haha

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#558    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 24,872 posts

• Paranoid Android... No power in the verse can stop me...

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:55 PM

View Postpreacherman76, on 19 February 2013 - 11:04 AM, said:

Whatever you do, dont let season 2 turn you off. It slows down big time, but it goes out with a bang. Plus season 3 has just been amazing.

View PostCrimsonKing, on 19 February 2013 - 11:08 AM, said:

Agreed preach!The first episode of the second half of the split season was a bit slow though was kind of expected,this last episode rocked! :tu:  I also expect i will be a bit angry when the cliffhanger for this season comes up :lol:
I've heard that the second season is slow.  To be fair, though, I've never been much of a Zombie movie fan, so if we move away from zombies I don't think I'll be that much affected.  The character development will be there, and from what I see it will pay dividends in season 3.  Just what I've read, of course.... I don't think I'll be disappointed by season 2

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#559    MoorWalks

MoorWalks

My freestyle rapping career didn't work out, so I came back

• 6,293 posts

• The illegitimate love-child of Strategy and Creativity. Sex God, Entrepreneur, Super Hero, Rapper, Table Dancer.

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:11 PM

View PostParanoid Android, on 19 February 2013 - 12:55 PM, said:

I've heard that the second season is slow.  To be fair, though, I've never been much of a Zombie movie fan, so if we move away from zombies I don't think I'll be that much affected.  The character development will be there, and from what I see it will pay dividends in season 3.  Just what I've read, of course.... I don't think I'll be disappointed by season 2

Second season was slow, in terms of action but it allowed you to get to know the characters. I read somewhere that they didn’t really have the budget for the second season to make it as good as they would have liked until they realized how popular it was and then threw more money at it.

It still has quite a few shocks, twists and turns in it and picks up really well towards the end of season two.

By far the best Zombie film/tv program I have seen... I didn't even realize there was a game from the TV series out?

Posted Image

#560    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 24,872 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:49 AM

View Postxsas, on 19 February 2013 - 04:11 PM, said:

Second season was slow, in terms of action but it allowed you to get to know the characters. I read somewhere that they didn’t really have the budget for the second season to make it as good as they would have liked until they realized how popular it was and then threw more money at it.

It still has quite a few shocks, twists and turns in it and picks up really well towards the end of season two.
I'm looking forward to it, whatever the case

View Postxsas, on 19 February 2013 - 04:11 PM, said:

By far the best Zombie film/tv program I have seen... I didn't even realize there was a game from the TV series out?
Yep, the game was released by Telltale Games and is available via download HERE for Steam (every now and then Telltale has a special where they'll let you download the first episode free, so if you wait you may get lucky to try episode 1 for free - but otherwise it's not that expensive a game to download).  There's five episodes, I've only played the first, but it's absolutely amazing.  The graphics aren't fantastic, but the way the story just ropes you in is great.  The choices you make all affect the way people relate to you, the group dynamics.  Not at all similar to other point-and-click adventure games I've played.

Edited by Paranoid Android, 20 February 2013 - 02:00 AM.

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#561    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 4,464 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:54 AM

View PostParanoid Android, on 20 February 2013 - 01:49 AM, said:

Look forward to it, the acting and storyline are superb and the build-up has a great pay-off.  I enjoyed the second season immensely but the third is even better which means the writers are just getting started.  :clap: :nw:

You asked for Obamamerica, now you are going to get it.  Stand by for suck or as Pelosi says, "Embrace the suck".

#562    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 4,464 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:56 AM

Interview with Darryl!
http://blogs.amctv.c...utm_term=248966

You asked for Obamamerica, now you are going to get it.  Stand by for suck or as Pelosi says, "Embrace the suck".

#563    MoorWalks

MoorWalks

• 6,293 posts

• The illegitimate love-child of Strategy and Creativity. Sex God, Entrepreneur, Super Hero, Rapper, Table Dancer.

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:45 AM

View PostParanoid Android, on 20 February 2013 - 01:49 AM, said:

Yep, the game was released by Telltale Games and is available via download HERE for Steam (every now and then Telltale has a special where they'll let you download the first episode free, so if you wait you may get lucky to try episode 1 for free - but otherwise it's not that expensive a game to download).  There's five episodes, I've only played the first, but it's absolutely amazing.  The graphics aren't fantastic, but the way the story just ropes you in is great.  The choices you make all affect the way people relate to you, the group dynamics.  Not at all similar to other point-and-click adventure games I've played.

Much appreciated PA, thanks for that. I will give that a go.

Posted Image

#564    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 24,872 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:23 AM

View Postxsas, on 20 February 2013 - 09:45 AM, said:

Much appreciated PA, thanks for that. I will give that a go.
Let me know how you go :tu:

Posted Image

#565    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 24,872 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:24 PM

Well, I'm up to episode 7 from season 2. I don't know why people don't like season 2. It's not as great as season 1 but I'm still really enjoying it. I'm now really pumped for what's coming later :yes:

Posted Image

#566    MoorWalks

MoorWalks

• 6,293 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:02 PM

I know what you mean PA. I wasn’t disappointed at all with season 2, I loved the way it built the story around the character’s and allowed you to get to know them, I loved the twists and turns within the story. There was an obvious lack of death and gore but, I think the full structured storyline is far more important and wahts sets it aside from all the rest.

I really hope you don’t know the outcome or any spoilers to get the full effect but I am sure you do?

Enjoy. :tu:

Posted Image

#567    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,257 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:31 PM

View PostParanoid Android, on 19 February 2013 - 12:55 PM, said:

I wouldn't call it slow,but I think it had to be more cerebral ,give what was going on .Also ,production and writers changed hands .
The series future was in question ,so I think they took it slow,so the audience and industry peeps could see where it would go with these guys .
If it was too over the top ,there could have been repercussions . I suspect so anyway

Miss me?

#568    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,138 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:05 PM

View Postxsas, on 20 February 2013 - 03:02 PM, said:

I know what you mean PA. I wasn’t disappointed at all with season 2, I loved the way it built the story around the character’s and allowed you to get to know them, I loved the twists and turns within the story. There was an obvious lack of death and gore but, I think the full structured storyline is far more important and wahts sets it aside from all the rest.

I really hope you don’t know the outcome or any spoilers to get the full effect but I am sure you do?

Enjoy. :tu:

I like everything about the show..  As far as spoilers go the producers are very tight lipped and the tv show is far different then the comics so almost impossible to predict even for thos that read them.

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.

The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

#569    MoorWalks

MoorWalks

• 6,293 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:48 PM

View PostThe Silver Thong, on 20 February 2013 - 04:05 PM, said:

I like everything about the show..  As far as spoilers go the producers are very tight lipped and the tv show is far different then the comics so almost impossible to predict even for thos that read them.

What I meant in terms of spoilers is. PA hasn't seen season 2 or any of season 3. I meant I hope he didn't get to know what happens that would poil it for him, until he catches up with the new episodes.

Posted Image

#570    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 24,872 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:00 PM

I haven't seen any spoilers. I read this thread before I ever started watching so names and events went straight over my head. All I remember (I think I remember) that we're going to be introduced to a character named the Governor. That's about it.

Meanwhile, it's season two but just in cae I'll use spoilers  
Spoiler

Edited by Paranoid Android, 20 February 2013 - 05:01 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users