Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Belgian murderer to die at own request

Still Waters

A Belgian murderer and rapist serving a life sentence is to be allowed to die by lethal injection next Sunday following a ruling under laws in Belgium permitting people to request euthanasia, local media reported.

Frank Van Den Bleeken, who has argued that he had no prospect of release since he cannot overcome his violent sexual impulses, will be granted his wish for medically assisted suicide in a prison in Bruges, Belgium.

He has said he wants to end years of mental anguish.

https://uk.news.yaho...50.html#1FH3cSM

A Belgian murderer and rapist serving a life sentence is to be allowed to die by lethal injection next Sunday following a ruling under laws in Belgium permitting people to request euthanasia, local media reported.

Frank Van Den Bleeken, who has argued that he had no prospect of release since he cannot overcome his violent sexual impulses, will be granted his wish for medically assisted suicide in a prison in Bruges, Belgium.

He has said he wants to end years of mental anguish.

https://uk.news.yaho...50.html#1FH3cSM

Removal of the offending item?

I hope he finds peace. No reason to doubt the sincerity of a person seeking to end their own life - whatever the reason.

• Like 1

I hope he finds peace. No reason to doubt the sincerity of a person seeking to end their own life - whatever the reason.

Very well said.

• Like 1

Wow do all the nasty stuff you can and when caught , say I can't take it anymore and escape through death! Bad too bad he must have made to serve his entire time and should have been granted this only on medical reasons.

• Like 1

Wow do all the nasty stuff you can and when caught , say I can't take it anymore and escape through death! Bad too bad he must have made to serve his entire time and should have been granted this only on medical reasons.

what more do you want?

• Like 2

Nothing that would suffice.

yet keeping him alive and criminals like him or worse is alot.

Cheaper and more efficient way of dealing with scum hell we should do that here ask around save the tax payers money. Hell im still for the ol firing squad but thats me. Rather they be dead then sitting in a cell alive.

Change of plan -

A Belgian man serving a life sentence for rape and murder will not be allowed to have doctors end his life as he has requested, the justice minister says.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...europe-30699780

GOOD!

He wants out? Well TOUGH. Rot and suffer, that's why it's called PUNISHMENT and not "seclusion from the public".

• Like 1

GOOD!

He wants out? Well TOUGH. Rot and suffer, that's why it's called PUNISHMENT and not "seclusion from the public".

Only at the cost of how many tax dollars? If he wants to die then let him. Nothing lost.

• Like 1

Give him a rope.

• Like 1