Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Report: Pentagon considers recruiting foreign

NiCkC818

I don't want to post the site, for copyright laws, but I read it, and it is absolutely horrible. The draft must be reinstated, this coming from a 19 year old.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Magikman

• aquatus1

• Lord Umbarger

• NiCkC818

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

For some time there have been 50,000 to 60,000 non-citizens serving in the US military at any one time. After serving for a certin number of years of good conduct, they, their wifes and childern are eligable to take the citizenship exams.

This is not any thing new. When I was at university in the States many years ago (and I am not saying how many years ago :rolleyes: ) I had a friend who had served a short-service enlistment in the Royal Navy. Then had enlisted in the US Navy. After his enlistment was over he could appy for naturalization. (It did not matter, he ended up marrying his English professor :lol: ).

It is well known that during the years of the Viet Nam War, some 70,000 Americans fled to Canada to avoid the draft. What is not well know is that about the same numbers of Canadians went south and enlisted in the US military during that time period. And some have their names on the Viet Nam Memorial Wall.

Without actually seeing the story, what I am imagining is that the US military is setting up recruitment and information offices overseas to answer any questions those who are interested in serving for the US. Without them having to travel to the US to get a simple answer. Though they still have to come to the US for formal enlistment.

Edited by Birmingham

I am personally in favor of the creation of the American Foreign Legion
So am I. If it were run the way the French one is, all who enlist would be required to learn English and after so many years would be granted full citizenship. I think that the French require that you serve for seven years before making you French.

Ha-ha! We could put them on the U.S. / Mexico border! They could tell the incoming illegals how to do it the right way!