Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Question about 9/11

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
197 replies to this topic

#1    Gravitorbox

Gravitorbox

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 05:48 PM

First I'm going to say I don't really regard myself as a 9/11 truther, but I admit Tower 7's collapse seems rather suspicious. I heard here and there that the tower was hit by debris and/or collapsed due to fire, but it still seems weird.

However, a question I have for the truthers:

Let's assume you are correct and 9/11 was a conspiracy. Generally proponents of the 9/11 truth movement claim that the buildings were destroyed by the U.S. government to justify wars in the middle east. That would mean the motive was to scare us into going to war, right? Well why exactly did they feel the need to destroy Tower 7? Wouldn't the twin towers be enough?

A lot of people don't even realize Tower 7 even existed, why even waste the effort of blowing up one of the random outlying buildings at the World Trade Center if they're not even going to bother having a plane crash into it as a cover and relatively few people are going to notice it over Tower 1 and 2? It just doesn't seem to make sense to me that they'd go through extra effort to destroy Tower 7 at least in accordance to the supposed motives for the conspiracy.

"Everything we did was criticized. For about thirty years we lived with the world against us, accusing us of things we didn't do!"

- Ian Douglas Smith

#2    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,245 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 29 June 2013 - 06:25 PM

There's a reason it was called ground zero . Everything is a certain radius,and or considered part of the WTC, was just decimated . To destroy all of this over ,but leave that standing,might have even seemed suspect ....
I actually don't know this for sure . None of it seemed natural at the time,especially to me,given I was at the first bombing in 93 ,and that didn't even make a dent in structure .... ,but we were too preoccupied to comment I guess.

Miss me?

#3    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 7,767 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 07:09 PM

There is a video on youtube showing WTC on fire

#4    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 16,574 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 07:20 PM

Funny how people select only the off sides to show the building burning! Ever wonder what the side faceing the Towers Looked Like? Its where all the falling debris came through the other side`s ! THis Is what caused the Fires ! encroachment of debris !

This is a Work in Progress!

#5    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 7,767 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 07:33 PM

View PostDONTEATUS, on 29 June 2013 - 07:20 PM, said:

Funny how people select only the off sides to show the building burning! Ever wonder what the side faceing the Towers Looked Like? Its where all the falling debris came through the other side`s ! THis Is what caused the Fires ! encroachment of debris !
There is a front side where its also on fire i think and better quality

#6    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 3,922 posts

• "The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Posted 30 June 2013 - 03:12 AM

@ Gravitorbox,

The standard response right now would be that there were a few financial and insurance related institutions located there at the time, as well as the I.R.S., U.S Secret Service, NYC Emergency Management, I.N.S., etc., etc...

However, for the most part these were small branch offices and not integral to the whole.

In my humble opinion, WTC7 came down as a result of falling incendiary debris.

/Great! Just what we need, another 9/11 thread! *shakes head*
//Edit: Sorry for the short, snide answer. You ask a valid question. :)

Edited by Likely Guy, 30 June 2013 - 03:55 AM.

#7    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 7,852 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 12:27 PM

Gravitor

If one considers the historical perspective, one of the interesting points is that Mayor Giuliani fought the NY City Council for years to have the Emergency Operations Center located in WTC7.  It was his pet project, and the feud is well documented in NYT.  The council wanted to locate it over on the East Side somewhere, down by the wharves as I recall.  Finally the Council gave up, and Rudy had his way.

I suspect there was a reason he wanted that, and I suspect it had to do with what was going to eventually happen.  Pure speculation on my part, but I suspect the command center for command detonated explosives were in WTC7, and that was why it had to be destroyed.

But also the Enron records were there, and probably a collection of other incriminating evidence.  And of course Brother Larry made a neat profit on his insurance gamble.  Some call it Jewish Lightning, and others call it insurance fraud.

#8    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,245 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 30 June 2013 - 12:41 PM

View PostLikely Guy, on 30 June 2013 - 03:12 AM, said:

@ Gravitorbox,

The standard response right now would be that there were a few financial and insurance related institutions located there at the time, as well as the I.R.S., U.S Secret Service, NYC Emergency Management, I.N.S., etc., etc...

However, for the most part these were small branch offices and not integral to the whole.

In my humble opinion, WTC7 came down as a result of falling incendiary debris.

/Great! Just what we need, another 9/11 thread! *shakes head*
//Edit: Sorry for the short, snide answer. You ask a valid question. :)

The main institution in that building was the EEOC . It's also the one that always has a lot of civilians in the offices .

Miss me?

#9    DeWitz

DeWitz

DeWitz

• 1,495 posts

• "If you can't say something nice, be creative."
    Clyde P. Fesmire, PhD

Posted 30 June 2013 - 01:13 PM

We still don't the "whole truth" of JFK's assassination, despite almost 50 years of conspiracy theorists and theories.

We may never know the "whole truth" of 9/11.

[previously incarnate as 'szentgyorgy']

"Things fall apart. . . it's scientific." - Talking Heads

#10    RaptorBites

RaptorBites

Psychic Spy

• 1,939 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 02:19 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 30 June 2013 - 12:41 PM, said:

The main institution in that building was the EEOC . It's also the one that always has a lot of civilians in the offices .

The entire building was evacuated several hours before it collapsed.  In fact, it was claimed that WTC 7 had zero casualties.

Bringing up the factoid that many civilians frequented WTC 7 really is moot considering the facts of the collapse.

No, you surround yourself with a whole different kettle of crazy. - Sir Wearer of Hats

#11    skyeagle409

skyeagle409

Forum Divinity

• 29,577 posts

• Keep Your Mach Up and Check Six

Posted 30 June 2013 - 03:40 PM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 30 June 2013 - 12:27 PM, said:

I suspect there was a reason he wanted that, and I suspect it had to do with what was going to eventually happen.  Pure speculation on my part, but I suspect the command center for command detonated explosives were in WTC7, and that was why it had to be destroyed.

But, there were no explosives involved in the destruction of WTC7. The use of explosives was all a lie.

KEEP YOUR MACH UP AND CHECK SIX

#12    skyeagle409

skyeagle409

Forum Divinity

• 29,577 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 03:52 PM

View PostGravitorbox, on 29 June 2013 - 05:48 PM, said:

First I'm going to say I don't really regard myself as a 9/11 truther, but I admit Tower 7's collapse seems rather suspicious. I heard here and there that the tower was hit by debris and/or collapsed due to fire, but it still seems weird.

Shouldn't be weird considering what firefighters have said.

Hayden: Yeah. There was enough there and we were marking off. There were a lot of damaged apparatus there that were covered. We tried to get searches in those areas. By now, this is going on into the afternoon, and we were concerned about additional collapse, not only of the Marriott, because there was a good portion of the Marriott still standing, but also we were pretty sure that 7 World Trade Center would collapse.

*   Early on, we saw a bulge in the southwest corner between floors 10 and 13, and we had put a transit on that and we were pretty sure she was going to collapse. You actually could see there was a visible bulge, it ran up about three floors. It came down about 5 o’clock in the afternoon, but by about 2 o’clock in the afternoon we realized this thing was going to collapse.

*   Battalion Chief John Norman later recalls, "At the edge of the south face you could see that it is very heavily damaged." [Firehouse Magazine, 5/02]

*   Boyle: "A little north of Vesey I said, we’ll go down, let’s see what’s going on. A couple of the other officers and I were going to see what was going on. We were told to go to Greenwich and Vesey and see what’s going on.So we go there and on the north and east side of 7 it didn’t look like there was any damage at all, but then you looked on the south side of 7 there had to be a hole 20 stories tall in the building, with fire on several floors. Debris was falling down on the building and it didn’t look good.

However, a question I have for the truthers:

Let's assume you are correct and 9/11 was a conspiracy. Generally proponents of the 9/11 truth movement claim that the buildings were destroyed by the U.S. government to justify wars in the middle east. That would mean the motive was to scare us into going to war, right? Well why exactly did they feel the need to destroy Tower 7? Wouldn't the twin towers be enough?

A lot of people don't even realize Tower 7 even existed, why even waste the effort of blowing up one of the random outlying buildings at the World Trade Center if they're not even going to bother having a plane crash into it as a cover and relatively few people are going to notice it over Tower 1 and 2? It just doesn't seem to make sense to me that they'd go through extra effort to destroy Tower 7 at least in accordance to the supposed motives for the conspiracy.

I wanted to mention that WTC1 was bombed in 1993 yet the United States didn't go to war. Terrorist blew up our embassies in Kenya and in Tanzania yet the United States didn't go to war. Terrorist blew up the USS Cole yet the United States didn't go to war. Terrorist blew up Pan Am 103 yet the United States didn't go to war. There were other attacks that killed Americans yet the United States didn't go to war.

We must remember that Osama bin Laden declared war upon the United States and as a result, it cost him his life and the lives of a number of senior al-Qaeda leaders and members.

#13    skyeagle409

skyeagle409

Forum Divinity

• 29,577 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 04:03 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 29 June 2013 - 06:25 PM, said:

There's a reason it was called ground zero . Everything is a certain radius,and or considered part of the WTC, was just decimated . To destroy all of this over ,but leave that standing,might have even seemed suspect ....
I actually don't know this for sure . None of it seemed natural at the time,especially to me,given I was at the first bombing in 93 ,and that didn't even make a dent in structure .... ,but we were too preoccupied to comment I guess.

In 1993, a huge bomb was detonated beneath WTC1 and yet the building remained standing despite the fact that structural columns were standing in the huge crater. There are those who seem to think that explosives brought down the WTC buildings in 2001, which simply wasn't true at all. Preparing tall buildings for demolition requires many months of preparation, which could not have taken place unnoticed inside the WTC buildings.

#14    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 7,852 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 07:24 PM

View Postszentgyorgy, on 30 June 2013 - 01:13 PM, said:

We still don't the "whole truth" of JFK's assassination, despite almost 50 years of conspiracy theorists and theories.

We may never know the "whole truth" of 9/11.

I agree completely--the whole truth will never be known by the public.  That's why I'm content just to know that it's a lie.

#15    skyeagle409

skyeagle409

Forum Divinity

• 29,577 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:09 PM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 30 June 2013 - 07:24 PM, said:

I agree completely--the whole truth will never be known by the public.  That's why I'm content just to know that it's a lie.

It is well known that facts and evidence support the official story.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users