Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

More Americans Killed by Domestic Gunfire

jugoso

I found this both an interesting and suprising fact:

Let’s start with the number: 1,384,171.

1,38,171 people have died in the most devastating war fought by Americans. Which war, you ask? World War I? World War II? The Civil War?

None of the above. This number is from the war being fought on the streets, in the neighborhoods, private homes, schools, and work places of the United States of America. Deaths by gunfire. Domestic gun deaths perpetrated by criminals, the mentally ill; enraged husbands, angry children, and some by unfortunate accident or suicide.

Here is a summary. The figures below refer to total deaths caused by firearms:

post-114830-0-40610600-1360285904_thumb.

post-114830-0-90306000-1360285944_thumb.

http://www.politifac...re-killed-guns/

jeebus that was a big spike in 1981-1998 compared to before and after it's doubled. But within thinking wasn't that the last chapter of the major race wars in america?

Edited by chopmo

What the statistics doesn't show, is the other side of the situations. Proper handling, educations, and safety of guns in each household. It is very biased and doesn't have anything to compare it to. Most statistics are there to shock people without proper understanding of the situation. It is never in-depth and it just used to sway people. Now if there was two statistics of proper handling versus in-proper handling, it would have more of a impact on me and help steer other's to the proper solution. These statistics are very one-sided and biased.

Edited by Uncle Sam
  • Like 5

Didn't the war on drugs start about 1981 or 82.

The same can be said of doctor/hospital mistakes . Actually its millions higher than gun deaths,but no one bans bad doctors ,bad drugs ,or a pathetic medical system.

I wonder why ......

http://www.dailypaul.com/267400/guns-may-kill-12000-per-year-but-hospitals-kill-195000

• Like 8

I found this both an interesting and suprising fact:

Here is a summary. The figures below refer to total deaths caused by firearms:

post-114830-0-40610600-1360285904_thumb.

post-114830-0-90306000-1360285944_thumb.

http://www.politifac...re-killed-guns/

100,000 Americans die each year from prescription drugs — that’s 270 per day, or, as you put it, more than twice as many who are killed in car accidents each day.

Did you protest for the people who died from those fungus-laden injections or the death caused by secondary infections following the treatment of those fungal infections due to really, really BAD legal, lethal interthecal injections.

Stop the fear factor.

We are born to die. A life lost at 6 is still the same life lost at 98.

Stop fearing death. All are ultimately eternal.

I want my guns. And don't take Rx drugs.

Edited by regeneratia
  • Like 2

It is extremely pathetic how they show one-sided and biased statistics to further their sick agendas of stripping us our rights promised in the constitution. Liberals actually are teaching our children in schools that the constitution is a outdated document, basically giving them false information and forcing their views upon them. It is sick and wrong above all else. Lately I been spending every waking moment, protecting the liberties and rights from individuals false propaganda or biased statistics to make us give away our rights for temporary security. People are extremely gullible and willing to follow people like this to the demise, because they don't know how to think for themselves.

Edited by Uncle Sam
  • Like 1

Doesn't matter what statistics show, fact is the other side that doesn't like those statistics will either deny them, conceal them, make up their own, and/or all of the above.

And there will be nothing you can do or say to convince them otherwise...

Edited by AquilaChrysaetos

What the statistics doesn't show, is the other side of the situations. Proper handling, educations, and safety of guns in each household. It is very biased and doesn't have anything to compare it to. Most statistics are there to shock people without proper understanding of the situation. It is never in-depth and it just used to sway people. Now if there was two statistics of proper handling versus in-proper handling, it would have more of a impact on me and help steer other's to the proper solution. These statistics are very one-sided and biased.

Waht the stastics show are that more US citizens were killed by guns in the US since 1980 than in all the wars before that. FULL STOP. They CAN be broken down further based on other criteria (as you mentioned) but it is a fact and one that surprised me. It also includes suicides so I´m not exactly sure how it is biased. It is what it is.

Doesn't it go along the lines of 87% of all statistics are made up?

Edited by chopmo

Waht the stastics show are that more US citizens were killed by guns in the US since 1980 than in all the wars before that. FULL STOP. They CAN be broken down further based on other criteria (as you mentioned) but it is a fact and one that surprised me. It also includes suicides so I´m not exactly sure how it is biased. It is what it is.

How many of those are by police? I've heard statistics that 90+% of figures are death by cop. So what's the implication being made over the statistics-dropping? That cops need to be disarmed? What's the point in focusing on deaths by firearms as opposed to any other causes of death? Government can't keep guns from the criminals but it can sure as hell keep guns from the people trying to defend themselves from criminals.

Please, let's keep this issue out of Washington DC and in the local arena. It's not asking for much. We don't need one size fits all from a gang of mega-hypocrites in Washington DC throwing their wet blanket over the entire country like they know better than everyone else.

• Like 2

If the stats are reliable, gun deaths are staying constant at a fixed average of ~ 30,000 per year over the past 44 years despite a rapidly growing population. Therefore gun deaths are much lower today than they were decades ago on a per-capita basis. In light of that, are we really ready to let sensational media-fed attention-hogs like Sandy Hook cause us to insist on infringing upon good peoples' rights?

• Like 1

"There are 3 kinds of lies:lies,damned lies and statistics" Mark Twain

• Like 2

Relying on a single statistics isn't showing the whole story, thus it is used to further one's agenda by creating a fear of those looking at it. If you show the whole story, average death compared to other situations and environments, you would come up with a completely different outlook. So basically just basing it off deaths doesn't even do the whole story justice, it just create unnecessary fear in those that don't research or understand.

How many of those deaths are by cops?

How many of those deaths are by people defending themselves?

How many of those deaths are accidental deaths?

How many of those deaths are gang related?

How many of those deaths are homicides?

How many of those deaths are murder?

I could keep going on and on asking the hard questions, but you will find majority of those deaths are by cops, gang related, and people defending themselves.

Edited by Uncle Sam
  • Like 2

Relying on a single statistics isn't showing the whole story, thus it is used to further one's agenda by creating a fear of those looking at it. If you show the whole story, average death compared to other situations and environments, you would come up with a completely different outlook. So basically just basing it off deaths doesn't even do the whole story justice, it just create unnecessary fear in those that don't research or understand.

I could keep going on and on asking the hard questions, but you will find majority of those deaths are by cops, gang related, and people defending themselves.

I want to see a stat of how many people a year die from old age and disease,we need to get to banning those 2 aswell im sure its a fairly large number

How about locations and showing economies in the area that had the increase with gun related deaths?

How about law and punishment increases?

How about the job market?

There is a whole crap load of things that affect not just crime but gun related deaths.

• Like 1

How about locations and showing economies in the area that had the increase with gun related deaths?

How about law and punishment increases?

How about the job market?

There is a whole crap load of things that affect not just crime but gun related deaths.

Exactly... we will never understand why people kill each other, but we will be able to defend ourselves with firearms.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure car accidents kill and injure far, far more people every year than guns. In 2009 alone, 93 people were killed on average every day from automobiles. Back in the 60's it was twice that number.

I am NOT against people in the US having guns because I think you have reached a point where you do need them, but my question is:

To all those HOWS, how many would have been avoided if there were no guns?

There will always be the odd criminal which has one, but I reckon the "how many" would be a lot lower all round if guns were not part of the usual household items.

I am NOT against people in the US having guns because I think you have reached a point where you do need them, but my question is:

To all those HOWS, how many would have been avoided if there were no guns?

There will always be the odd criminal which has one, but I reckon the "how many" would be a lot lower all round if guns were not part of the usual household items.

You reckon that it's the usual household items that make those figures a lot higher? Surely it's not the criminals or the police making it a lot higher, it's just the usual households, right. And you're not suggesting that only the odd criminal would have a gun and thus the 2nd Amendment must therefore be abolished in a land with no guns, otherwise why would you bring it up?

But the bigger question is, how have we "reached a point where we need guns"? So all that history and the 2nd Amendment was unnecessary until now? You don't think we needed guns in 1775? In 1861? What is it about now that's made us "reach that point"?

How many people would float away if there was no gravity? That's the dreamland question I'd like answered.

this is idiotic. the us is a giant social experiment. we have the most diverse populace in the world. There are well over 300 million people here from all walks of life and every continent on earth minus one. we have brought the micro chip, the internet, the automobile, and the atomic bomb and power ( for good or ill). an ten dozen other things. The US ENDS GENOCIDE, gives million and billions to many causes.....and struggles with its own internal conflicts. if you knew real statistic you would ban automobiles. :(

Edited by Seeker79

The same can be said of doctor/hospital mistakes . Actually its millions higher than gun deaths,but no one bans bad doctors ,bad drugs ,or a pathetic medical system.

I wonder why ......

http://www.dailypaul...als-kill-195000

:rolleyes:

Because trying to cure someone with medicine is something different then trying to kill someone with a gun.

Man, you really have to turn every conversation into your limited worldview huh?

"im simbi, i only know things about my limited life experience as a paramedic so im gonna turn every conversation into that so i appear super smart ... and then in my next post im gonna throw around my credentials because that proves that i am all knowing."