Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

You Have To Hear This, Audio From Hell Itself

havokb8

Greetings everyone :) About a month ago I was searching for apps on my tablet, and I came across a ghost radar app, and some EVP recording apps. I was very interested in them because I believe about half of the places i've lived in the last 20 years have been haunted. I was really curious if an entity was following me. I got the apps and began recording EVP's. The most frustrating thing was that I could hardly ever make out what the voices were saying, but I was shocked by how many voices I was recording. It seemed like every question I would ask would be answered. I am a computer expert and computer software expert so I got a copy of Adobe Audition. I watched youtube tutorials on it and learned it from using it more and more, and got pretty good at using it. One thing I noticed was it seemed like a lot of times I would hear voices while I was asking questions. So on the night of August 2, I decided to record an EVP without saying anything at all. It seems like the most activity is in my garage, so I went out there, lit up a cigarette, and hit record. I started cleaning up the audio in Adobe Audition and the more I did it, the more astonished I was. I have listened to it 2,000 times now, and am positive of what it is: audio from Hell itself. I recognize that a lot of people won't believe me. I ask you to please keep an open mind, I swear on my Mother's grave that this is real. I have recorded a 30 second clip, please go to the link below to listen to it. There is a lot of different layers so I will describe what is happening. In what I call the foreground layer is an entity melodically whispering throughout the entire thing. I have made out it saying "I believe in Hell". The next layer is what sounds like hundreds of different voices screaming in pain. Then there is a layer that sounds like a recording of a priest repeating the word "repent" over and over at various speeds. Finally there is a demon that sounds a bit like Freddy Krueger with a deeper voice laughing and talking throughout the recording. I have made him out saying "Resist all you want, I always win in the end". I used an effect in Adobe Audition called modulation for the clip. What this does is add depth to the audio, it does a good job of separating all the different voices/layers. If anyone is really good at cleaning up EVP audio please contact me I could use help. I've been cleaning it up for almost a month now, and i still haven't gotten it perfect. Please listen to it using the link and let me know what you think, I have not shared this with anyone yet. I haven't had my girlfriend listen to it because I don't want to scare her. OK here is the link make sure you use headphones to listen to it otherwise it's not nearly the same. LINK: http://speedy.sh/3Pysz/madness-30-sec-clip.wav

Probably not

Its clean i scanned it and went there. sounds like wind or something. :unsure2:

Wind? Or sounds from the firey pits of HELL!!!!!!

You lost me at

I am a computer expert and computer software expert so I got a copy of Adobe Audition.

:lol:

• Like 3

I see the joined todays are active as ever.

I think you have a better chance of hearing audio from hell itself, if you listen to any of obamas speeches.

Owww, yeah, I went there!

Edited by Simbi Laveau
  • Like 2

The real audio from hell, dont watch it. I repeat, dont watch it:

• Like 3

link safe?

That's what I was concerned about.....the little voice in my head said....no no no....don't do it B)

What type of wind?

Well this site, its better called 'slow share' :)

I don't see how could any similar recording, especially if filtered in Adobe Audition, could be seen as serious thing. Majority of people who are into music production can take one audio sample, 1 sec long with snare sound, just quick clap - and make crazy sounds out of it, full drum beat with melody too.

All i can hear in this wave is phase effect with some noise really, mid range frequency of wave is most active and is exactly where most of effects from 'phaser' will result. This clip also lacks low frequencies which is very hard to expect for some sound recorded in any environment. Did you apply noise reduction on this sound? And it sounds as some preset noise reduction filter is used - that is why some frequencies are missing. Its just what i 'hear' from this, and i have been working with production for a very long time. Since i got MC-303 in 1999 :)

I know I shall regret the few minutes I took to read and digest the op, but I think a few countering points need to be made before anyone takes this seriously...

About a month ago I was searching for apps on my tablet, and I came across a ghost radar app, and some EVP recording apps...

We'll come back to this in a sec - remember, this all started about a month ago - that's, oh, about 30 days...

I was very interested in them because I believe about half of the places i've lived in the last 20 years have been haunted. I was really curious if an entity was following me.

Somehow i doubt that... but one would have to observe that you seem to have a slight bias towards a desired outcome...

I got the apps and began recording EVP's. The most frustrating thing was that I could hardly ever make out what the voices were saying, but I was shocked by how many voices I was recording. It seemed like every question I would ask would be answered.

And yet, this was your best example...? Did the bolded part not sound the odd warning bell about how you were going about things, and does it not completely contradict the second part..? How could you know your questions were being answered when you could hardly ever make them out?

I am a computer expert and computer software expert so I got a copy of Adobe Audition.

Yes, oh yes, you very clearly are an expert - you told us twice, and have selected the absolute best choice for this.. {cough/splutter}

I watched youtube tutorials on it and learned it from using it more and more, and got pretty good at using it.

So you use Youtube as your research tool... and by using it, you got good at using it? Well done, who'da thort..

One thing I noticed was it seemed like a lot of times I would hear voices while I was asking questions.

Isn't it amazing how when you go searching and expecting to find voices, you hear them!!!!

So on the night of August 2, I decided to record an EVP without saying anything at all.

So this was just 24 days ago, and you only found about the apps a month ago, so all this expertise came about in ~6 days..

It seems like the most activity is in my garage, so I went out there, lit up a cigarette, and hit record.

Smoking is really bad for you. Stop it.

And in those six days you also determined the garage was the winner?

I started cleaning up the audio in Adobe Audition and the more I did it, the more astonished I was.

'Cleaning' it? Define 'cleaning'... Also tell us how you expertly verified your methodology..

I have listened to it 2,000 times now..

So in 24 days you've listened to it 2000 times.. let's see, assuming you sleep and work for say 16 hours, that means you have listened to it 2000/(24x8) = a bit over ten times EVERY hour. Sounds legit. Each time trying a new technique in Audition, by any chance? Hardly any wonder you found some 'wonderful' stuff...

and am positive of what it is: audio from Hell itself. I recognize that a lot of people won't believe me. {at least you got that right...} I ask you to please keep an open mind

Not so much that my brains fall out...

There is a lot of different layers so I will describe..

Just curious, how do you get 'layers' out of a single track sound recording? A Nobel prize might be waiting just around the corner..

Anyways, unless you post the ORIGINAL, anything you have mocked up with Audition is completely useless.

I used an effect in Adobe Audition called modulation for the clip. What this does is add depth to the audio

Umm no. Your expertise let you down badly here... From here, Audition's modulation function..

simulates several voices or instruments played at once by adding multiple short delays with a small amount of feedback... Adobe Audition uses a direct‑simulation method to achieve a chorus effect, making each voice sound distinct from the original by slightly varying timing, intonation, and vibrato. The Feedback setting lets you add extra detail to the result. ...it does a good job of separating all the different voices/layers.

So the claim it 'adds depth' is utter hogwash! It ADDS FALSE detail, and by using any enhancement technique of that type you can just tweak the daylights out of anything from white noise to a burp and turn it into Hell's Angelic Chorus.. You must NOT use any technique that is either additive or destructive, whether it is audio or imagery - same simple rule applies.

If anyone is really good at cleaning up EVP audio please contact me I could use help.

Yes, you do. Start by NOT adding false detail and posting the original (and I'll bet, completely uninteresting) original audio. And when you go hunting for experts, may I suggest you don't go with those who simply tell you they are... If they start quoting from the Adobe site (oh look, that's what I did..) and actually know what type of enhancements are possible *without* adding false detail (and how to tell - it's pretty easy), you may have found someone..

Until then...

• Like 6

What type of wind?

Human.

• Like 1

Human.

Well, as my old Gramps use to say;

"Whether it be land or sea, always let your wind go free" :tu:

:innocent:

• Like 1

First off.. Welcome to UM havok :st Please read the site rules, check out some threads, and enjoy your time here :)

Now on to the thread...

I find your OP interesting. Mostly because if you are an expert in computers and software, you should already know what junk ghost radar and EVP apps are, and should already know how they function. Or rather, how they don't function. I also found it interesting that as such an expert, you don't seem to know how to embed a link into your text on a standard web forum.

But beyond some of the more questionable tec aspects of this... What makes you think it's noises from hell? I mean hell specifically? Is it just because of what you think you are hearing, or is there some reason why you think your garage is a thin spot between our world and hell? Could it be something other than hell?

• Like 1

Thank you for your interest everyone :) First off I don't see how when I joined is relevant in determining that I am lying. I joined because I wanted to share this. I see it's going to be even harder than I thought to get people to even entertain the idea that this is real. I have one request: If you are a person that is not going to believe anything I say no matter what, can you please refrain from posting and bashing me, I didn't come here to get ridiculed and picked apart, it's not really necessary is it? Please can you just keep your thoughts to yourselves and move on? To the person with the specific questions about Audition, I have applied so many different effects and things from Audition I can't even remember them all. I'm sure I did use noise reduction at least once, from what I read and have learned it's best to try to use it as little as possible as it can remove the voices as well as the intrusive noise. There are some frequencies that have basically been muted because they were mostly just static. Unfortunately I'm sure some useful noise has probably been lost as well, but of course I have the original file still to go back and try again. To the person that said they only heard "wind" are you serious? I had my fiance listen to it for about 15 seconds and she was really freaked out, I won't have her listen to more because I don't want her to get scared. Other than that I am the only person that has listened to it, I have listened to it thousands of times while cleaning it up and it has sounded the same every time I have played it so I really, really hope I am hearing the same thing everyone else is otherwise I might commit myself to a padded cell. I promise the link is indeed safe and is what I said it is, an audio clip; there are no viruses I promise.

The last poster seems to have the most informational post so I will I had never thought about looking for apps related to paranormal investigating until not too long ago, so I would not know how those kinds of apps function. Most I'm sure aren't legit, but the EVP recording app I used is pretty good for recording audio, it makes the mic on my tablet very sensitive somehow. I'm not sure how that refutes that I am a computer expert. I have been using computers since I was 5 and had a commodore 64. That was 29 years ago. I have made my living on the internet as an internet marketer for the last 12 years. I was a super moderator on the largest internet marketing forum blackhatworld for 3 years. I'm not going to go any further on that as I'm not trying to brag, but a lot of people seemed to be focused on that part of my post for some reason so I figured I would address it. The original point of posting that part was I wanted people to understand that I am nowhere near an audio engineer and am not capable of creating something like the clip I posted, but that I learn computer programs very quickly and was able to get fairly good really quickly at using Adobe Audition to clean up EVP's.

As for embedding the link sorry it was late I was tired and was hurrying to finish my post, I thought the link would be clickable which was good enough for me. What makes me think, correction KNOW it's noises from Hell is that it's exactly what I would have pictured Hell sounding like, although I didn't believe it existed until I recorded this. The main evidence in my opinion is the fact I hear hundreds of different voices screaming in pain, and it seems like the distances the voices are coming from are changing rapidly, giving me the picture of a bunch of spirits flying around. Next I would expect Hell to not only be filled with immense pain, but also to mentally drive you crazy, which i think is why there is the recording of the priest repeating "repent" annoyingly over and over again at various speeds. I also can make out what I think is some creepy annoying organ music playing. The next thing that makes me believe it is the entity melodically whispering "I believe in Hell" throughout the recording. Finally the demon that seems to be in charge that I heard saying "Resist all you want, I always win in the end". I have caught his/it's voice on other recordings as well, growling and in one instance saying "I want YOU". I can upload that too it's really really scary. Thankfully nothing has been done to me physically, and in part of my recording I think I can hear the melodically whispering entity repeating "let me in Chris" so I don't think they are referring to me but they are coming to get another spirit that is around me. I sure hope that's the case lol. Thanks for your time and consideration everyone, like I said I thought at least if I shared this on a paranormal forum that people would have an open mind, but it's clearly going to be harder than I thought :( Can someone that listened to it at least verify for me that they hear what I described is in the clip so I know I'm not losing my mind? I would appreciate that :)

"Audio From Hell Itself" - I thought it was going to be from MTV 2014 music awards. :innocent:

I listened again with my headphones and it still sounds like wind coming through a can to me. Sorry, but thats all i hear. if you get a raw clip upload it. i have Audicity and other programs to try to clean it up for myself. maybe someone here can hear what your hearing.

Rashore, how do you enbed an audio file to this forum? Or share it in any way at all? And also do I have to do it through my PC or can it be done through a phone? I have recorded things myself from my own home with a simple Sony IC Recorder ICD-Px312. I would truly appreciate yours or anyone's help that knows more about the electronics part of these things. Or should I say the "tech," aspect of it all. I know how to press record, I know how to connect my recorder to my PC and then listen to the files. Other than that I am ignorant. I am not tech savvy nor do I know anyone that is. I can't seem to ever run into anyone that is willing to help someone even to answer questions one may have. How else is anyone suppose to learn right ? You have to be taught. So again I would be most appreciative for any information you could give to explain how to post and or embed audio or video files to this forum. Thank you in advance for anything you can share.

Edited by SoulWatcher72

t to scare her. OK here is the link make sure you use headphones to listen to it otherwise it's not nearly the same. LINK: http://speedy.sh/3Pysz/madness-30-sec-clip.wav

. How do I open this link? Do I have to copy it and go online? I try clicking on it and nothing is happening. I am eager to have a listen. Thanks for any help you can give. Edited by SoulWatcher72

Here's another weird question I have for you all. I am actually posting at 1:13 PM on Friday and my post to showing as though I am posting it after 6 PM in the evening. Does anyone know why this is happening? Or does it happen to them also?