Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

The Moon is a Spaceship?

• Please log in to reply
169 replies to this topic

#46    newyork

newyork

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 05:42 AM

View PostHazzard, on 28 October 2010 - 09:06 PM, said:

Dont tell me... Mammy and Daddy are religious, no?  :rolleyes:

First of all i am 26, what does that have to do with anything and where did i say anything about religion, second i am not religious at all genius.

#47    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,767 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 06:29 AM

View Postnewyork, on 29 October 2010 - 05:42 AM, said:

First of all i am 26, what does that have to do with anything and where did i say anything about religion, second i am not religious at all genius.
So... What are you suggesting when you say none of this happened by accident?

#48    Paxus

Paxus

Poltergeist

• 2,699 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 07:25 AM

View PostAgent. Mulder, on 27 October 2010 - 05:56 PM, said:

Well, its not. I just explained that.

Its not unlikely. If our idea of the moon is correct, then it hitting earth, then floating around and being brought in its orbit isnt that odd.

I dont see how this is an issue. We know about the craters, and usually the depth with results from the size of the impact. Also, large impacts may have debris splash up and then fall back down creating smaller craters which are now quite shallow as well.
Also, lava could have filled a crater after impact.

So, were back to square one, with nothing too unlikely so far.

No offense but I don't think you just saying it's not unlikely, qualifies it as not unlikely.
The odds must be astronomical!
Also, just because the moon is moving a tiny little bit, that doesn't change the fact that it's still pretty amazing that it just happens to be the right size and distance to form an eclipse.

As to capturing the moon - I'm no expert but then I suspect neither are you... Isn't it possible Asimov was right?
I'll leave this one to the experts.

As to the craters - come on, that's just common sense! Big meteor will leave deep crater.
If I'm wrong, I'd gladly have someone explain to me why it doesn't work like that ;)

#49    Emma_Acid

Emma_Acid

Alien Abducter

• 4,557 posts

• Godspeed MID

Posted 29 October 2010 - 11:10 AM

View Postoldie, on 29 October 2010 - 03:35 AM, said:

How can there be proof that the moon coalesced from the Earth.That is just a very frail theory. After all, how do we REALLY know what happened four billion years ago.

Its called science. Try having a bit more faith in it.

From wiki...

The prevailing hypothesis today is that the Earth–Moon system formed as a result of a giant impact: a Mars-sized body hit the nearly formed proto-Earth, blasting material into orbit around the proto-Earth, which accreted to form the Moon.

Giant impacts are thought to have been common in the early Solar System. Computer simulations modelling a giant impact are consistent with measurements of the angular momentum of the Earth–Moon system, and the small size of the lunar core; they also show that most of the Moon came from the impactor, not from the proto-Earth. However, meteorites show that other inner Solar System bodies such as Mars and Vesta have very different oxygen and tungsten isotopic compositions to the Earth, while the Earth and Moon have near-identical isotopic compositions.

View PostMoonie2012, on 28 October 2010 - 08:50 PM, said:

Let's set common sense and reason aside for a bit and play a game.

Is there any indisputable proof that the moon came from the formation on the Earth?

No, its just a hypothesis, but that doesn't suddenly make the spaceship idea any more valid.

View PostbooNyzarC, on 28 October 2010 - 06:17 AM, said:

I've got a moon for ya... :ph34r:

That's no moon... etc

Edited by Emma_Acid, 29 October 2010 - 11:10 AM.

"Science is the least subjective form of deduction" ~ A. Mulder

#50    newyork

newyork

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 12:22 PM

View PostOrcseeker, on 29 October 2010 - 06:29 AM, said:

So... What are you suggesting when you say none of this happened by accident?

What are you suggesting that we exist by accident and that everything was some how made perfect for life to exist out of nowhere, yea that makes a lot of sense. I am not suggesting anything because we don't know anything about that subject.

#51    Numerol

Numerol

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 30 posts

• Anything you shouldn't see is worth watching,except what you shouldn't watch...

Posted 29 October 2010 - 12:23 PM

View PostEmma_Acid, on 29 October 2010 - 11:10 AM, said:

That's no moon... etc

Darn...i wanted to shoot that joke  :rofl:

Posted Image
It's obviously Princess Peach holding a giant bottle of dark liquor. -New Ares

#52    Agent. Mulder

Agent. Mulder

Only man to have fought Sasquatch. And lived...

• 15,163 posts

• ...highly unlikely, but not outside the realm of Extreme possibility.

Posted 29 October 2010 - 02:24 PM

View PostHazzard, on 28 October 2010 - 09:06 PM, said:

Dont tell me... Mammy and Daddy are religious, no?  :rolleyes:

:lol:
Thats what i was thinking.

the truth is out there....

#53    Agent. Mulder

Agent. Mulder

Only man to have fought Sasquatch. And lived...

• 15,163 posts

• ...highly unlikely, but not outside the realm of Extreme possibility.

Posted 29 October 2010 - 02:28 PM

View Postnewyork, on 29 October 2010 - 12:22 PM, said:

What are you suggesting that we exist by accident and that everything was some how made perfect for life to exist out of nowhere, yea that makes a lot of sense. I am not suggesting anything because we don't know anything about that subject.

How do we exist by accident?
Life didnt come from no where, so to speak. Do some reading. But, what do you think happened?
Whats so perfect about the universe?

Edited by Agent. Mulder, 29 October 2010 - 02:40 PM.

the truth is out there....

#54    Wookietim

Wookietim

Alien Abducter

• 4,907 posts

• Search on the Android App Store for "Mothras Unexplained Mysteries" for the app I am very proud of...

Posted 29 October 2010 - 02:34 PM

View Postoldie, on 29 October 2010 - 03:35 AM, said:

How can there be proof that the moon coalesced from the Earth.That is just a very frail theory. After all, how do we REALLY know what happened four billion years ago.

Well, if we date the age of the stuff we brought back from the Moon and it matches the general age we expect, has the right chemical composition and has a valid theory to explain it, that is pretty conclusive...

#55    Wookietim

Wookietim

Alien Abducter

• 4,907 posts

• Search on the Android App Store for "Mothras Unexplained Mysteries" for the app I am very proud of...

Posted 29 October 2010 - 02:36 PM

View Postnewyork, on 29 October 2010 - 12:22 PM, said:

Yes, we exist by accident. Don't go down this trying to prove Intelligent Design route yet again - it's been debated many times before on this site and every single time it has been shown to be a basically flawed theory.

#56    Lcvec

Lcvec

civilized caveman

• 4,551 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 03:45 PM

Ok then, we could say there's something unusual about the moon but that doesn't make it an ancient, giant spaceship does it? Even if the chances of it being as it is are extremely small, it's still not impossible so I don't think anyone should jump to crazy conclusions. Oh and that website mentions the Anunnaki...  :ph34r:

#57    Winterchronic

Winterchronic

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 145 posts

• "A great deal more is known than has been proved."
    Richard Feynman

Posted 29 October 2010 - 03:50 PM

In a universe as massive as ours, improbable alignment and circumstance, are extremely probable

#58    Moonie2012

Moonie2012

Alien Abducter

• Banned
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 09:35 PM

View PostWinterchronic, on 29 October 2010 - 03:50 PM, said:

In a universe as massive as ours, improbable alignment and circumstance, are extremely probable

That's a very good point. Unfortunately, it works in reverse too. In an infinite universe, improbable spaceship-moon is probable.

Not that I truly believe it IS artificial or anything, but this is one of those things I'm going to keep an open mind about. When the moon colony opens for business, we can grab our shovels and find out for sure.

Edited by Moonie2012, 29 October 2010 - 09:37 PM.

#59    Ayb Linkon

Ayb Linkon

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 05:23 AM

Instead of quoting I'm going to respond so several parts I read in this thread...

#1.  Refuting someones statement by saying "It's called science, here's a quote from Wikipedia."  Is not very scientific.
#2.
a.) There are without a doubt miraculous aspects that have not been explained about the moon, the earth, the ocean, etc.
b.) Everything in the universe was "built".  You don't have to be a religious nut to believe that.  Look up sacred geometry.  It doesn't mean there is a man with a beard living in the clouds drawing up blueprints of everything.  But every aspect in the cosmos has a design.
#3.  http://www.ufos-alie...smicphotos.html

That's a pretty good summary of a lot of the "moon talk" during apollo missions.
Ever heard of Edgar Mitchell?
Yeah maybe he's just making it all up.  He probably just needed more attention.
.......Or maybe he actually knows what the FCK he's talking about!

#60    Paxus

Paxus

Poltergeist

• 2,699 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 05:58 AM

View PostAyb Linkon, on 02 November 2010 - 05:23 AM, said:

<snip>
b.) Everything in the universe was "built".  You don't have to be a religious nut to believe that.  Look up sacred geometry.  It doesn't mean there is a man with a beard living in the clouds drawing up blueprints of everything.  But every aspect in the cosmos has a design.
<snip>!
When you say that, do you mean created by advanced aliens?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users