Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Tunnel

Nadal

This is a true story of my childhood home. I lived in Bandy, Virginia. South of my 60 year old house, was a train track and a tunnel. The tunnel was developed a few months before WW2. It has a true story. While making this tunnel the workers died of overheating. So they would push the dead bodies into the cement. If we were to break it open, you can find skeletons. Beside the tunnel is a family graveyard which belonged to our neighboors. They have long abandoned the 90 year old home. It is now a apestos filled large shack...two of the family died in that house and were burried upon that hill behind it which is the family graveyard.

There are multitudes of stories about dead bodies being encased into the structure of the building. These stories have been around since the Great Wall of China, and they have generally turned out to be nothing more than urban legends. The fact of the matter is that the concrete used in these structures is used for the purpose of providing a strong structural support for the massive amount of weight above it, and having large organic decomposing masses within it will make the overall structure that much weaker. No engineer worth his pay would ever allow such a thing, and no structure in which this sort of thing was common would ever stand up to any sort of extended use.

• Like 1

There are multitudes of stories about dead bodies being encased into the structure of the building.  These stories have been around since the Great Wall of China, and they have generally turned out to be nothing more than urban legends.  The fact of the matter is that the concrete used in these structures is used for the purpose of providing a strong structural support for the massive amount of weight above it, and having large organic decomposing masses within it will make the overall structure that much weaker.  No engineer worth his pay would ever allow such a thing, and no structure in which this sort of thing was common would ever stand up to any sort of extended use.

775131[/snapback]

Yea, it's a very popular legend in my community. Was told during Town Socials.