Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Making a contract with a demon?

Omnomnomivore

Hi, I have something to ask that's been bugging me for a while now. Is it possibly true to make a contract with a demon? I've heard many many stories about things like this.

It's called a Faustian contract, or better known as a deal with the devil is a link and bargain between a human and a demon whereas the latter offers specific services and fulfils the individual human's wish in compensation of consuming the said human's soul after the contract is completed.

For a demon: To consequently consume the human's soul, after fulfilling the wishes of the human at even the cost of their lives.

For a human: Typically, to fulfill something tantalizing and difficult to accomplish, such as a satisfying revenge. Afterward, they are to give up their soul to the demon as payment.

Creating A Contract:

In order to create the contract, a human has to summon a demon. However, it seems that they do not need to be aware of the existence of demons, attempt to summon a specific demon, or even summon one intentionally. It is implied that the human must be desperately searching for a way out, and have little or no faith in God. All the same, it seems that the human still has the option to go through and create the contract, or dismiss the demon. However, the creation of the contract seems to be fully completed as soon as the human issues a command to the demon.

Contract Seal:

Once the contract forms, a seal is placed on the human's body. It is absolute; just as the demon is able to find the human, the human can never escape. The demon is able to inflict the mark on the human by simply pressing their hand against the chosen place. The choice as to where the seal resides is up to the human. It is noted that the more visible the seal is, the stronger it is. The placing of the seal seems to be rather painful.

They say in order to summon a demon, one has to have little or no faith at all in God. I'm very well educated on this, but I'm still so curious. So tell me what you think please. :)

• Like 1

Is this quoted text? If so, where did you get it from?

You need to: 1. Believe demons exist. 2. Find a way to interact with a demon on your terms, not just have it make your life unbearable. 3. Convince the demon to give you what you want.

I think, if you can get past 1, and have the desire, courage, and stamina to try 2 and 3, it may be possible. The big hangup is 1. You can't make a deal with something that doesn't exist.

• Like 2

The_Devil_and_Homer_Simpson_33.JPG

Homer did it, so your odds are probably pretty good.

"Mmm, forbidden doughnut."

Edited by Misanthropic
  • Like 5

If your well educated in this area, can't you answer your own question?

• Like 6

It's all fun and games until someone gets a hell-spawned "mushroom stamp" on their forehead.

Edited by Sea Wolf
  • Like 6

Making a contract with a demon?

Is this actually possible? I'd like to know, keep rude comments to yourself cause I don't wanna hear it.

You're posting to a public forum, asking a ludicrous question and you actually put the above in the topic description?

What's next? How do i turn lead into gold? And don't tell me it can't be done! :no:

None the less, welcome to UM. :huh:

• Like 4

Your soul is obviously not worth anything to a demon, and they don't think they can use you for anything to farther their cause.

Demons don't love you, don't cry too hard.

• Like 1

It's all fun and games until someone gets a hell-spawned "mushroom stamp" on their forehead.

Dude ! 10 for that one ! :tsu:

• Like 1

Hi, I have something to ask that's been bugging me for a while now. Is it possibly true to make a contract with a demon?

Of course. You can make a contract with Donald Duck if you like, the tricky part is getting the agreement of the other party - that defines a contract.

I've heard many many stories about things like this.

It's called a Faustian contract, or better known as a deal with the devil is a link and bargain between a human and a demon whereas the latter offers specific services and fulfils the individual human's wish in compensation of consuming the said human's soul after the contract is completed.

Could mean either of two things - related to either version of the story ; Marlow or Goethe .

However most medieval grimoire outline a preliminary devotionary period to Godhead first, to enable mastery over demonic forces.

I advise looking at the etymology of 'demon' and looking at some pre-dualistic-Christian concepts of the dynamics within the self ... here is a start

http://en.wikipedia....ical_mythology)

With this understanding, one might make quiet a good 'contact' ... or perhaps that 'contract' or 'relationship already exists, and it is helpful to affirm it ; the meeting of 'conscious ego' with 'unconscious soul' ? Many cultures and religions have their own way of symbolically enacting this in rites and ritual ... in a way, it seems a reflection of the process of 'individuation' or 'initiation'.

For a demon: To consequently consume the human's soul, after fulfilling the wishes of the human at even the cost of their lives.

I see this as giving up soul (the desire to have acknowledgement and enactment of the conscious-ego to fullfil the soul's 'perspective') for the pursuit of directives from the 'conscious rational ego' alone.

Eg. This section of a magical paper on 'development of the soul'

" Wouldst thou abuse the pure beings of the woods and mountains to fill thy coffers and satisfy thy hunger of Gold? ... Know that with such desires thou canst but attract the Weak, not the Strong, and in that case the Weak will have power over thee. "

It doesnt take much imagination to see how 'Gold hath power over thee' ... especially in todays modern world where 'economic rationalism' has become so 'soulless' and the many people that hold the almighty $ above all else (so it seems).

On this level, the faust myth may be appropriate. I recommend this ' Faust ; 'Whither Shall I Fly" by Richard Burton - classic !

Faust 'whither shall i fly" Richard Burton

http://www.tcm.com/m...all-I-Fly-.html

[ " Fuge Omnomnomivore ... Fuge! " ... ;) ]

For a human: Typically, to fulfill something tantalizing and difficult to accomplish, such as a satisfying revenge. Afterward, they are to give up their soul to the demon as payment.

Creating A Contract:

In order to create the contract, a human has to summon a demon. However, it seems that they do not need to be aware of the existence of demons, attempt to summon a specific demon, or even summon one intentionally. It is implied that the human must be desperately searching for a way out, and have little or no faith in God. All the same, it seems that the human still has the option to go through and create the contract, or dismiss the demon. However, the creation of the contract seems to be fully completed as soon as the human issues a command to the demon.

Contract Seal:

Once the contract forms, a seal is placed on the human's body. It is absolute; just as the demon is able to find the human, the human can never escape. The demon is able to inflict the mark on the human by simply pressing their hand against the chosen place. The choice as to where the seal resides is up to the human. It is noted that the more visible the seal is, the stronger it is. The placing of the seal seems to be rather painful.

They say in order to summon a demon, one has to have little or no faith at all in God. I'm very well educated on this, but I'm still so curious. So tell me what you think please. :)

I think;

1. Let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater.

2. A lot of confusion comes about by giving literal rationalist interpretation of important mytho/psychological processes contained within our popular (which are so for a reason) stories and icons.

3. View it in a wide eclectic context to 'extract the gold.'

Edited by back to earth

Hi, I have something to ask that's been bugging me for a while now. Is it possibly true to make a contract with a demon? I've heard many many stories about things like this.

Creating A Contract:

Contract Seal:

No, it is not true, not one bit.......If it were, I would have made one by now, and not be working.

Here is my proof..... http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=181521&st=0

Aside from a perceived 'easy' way to get 'stuff' , on a folklore level, it could relate to early miner's rituals and custom.

'Easy' money (or ways to get it otherwise, when one has been unsuccessful pursuing it) > 'finding' precious gems, minerals, gold ie. 'treasure' > underground > the underworld > 'appeasing' the ' spirits, guardians, etc.' of the underworld.

IMG_2374-resized-600.jpg

1625526_10152519988527852_4172963763700532078_n.jpg

Hello there. Your post immediately caught my due to something I have been struggling with over this last year. So If I may, I would like to share a story.

Last December my father, step mother, and I were between homes for about a month. It was a stressful time, we didn't have a holiday. A handful of things were going on in my personal life, and while I tried not to show it, I was stressed the hell out. The three of us stayed with my mother, so my father and step mom got the extra room and I bunked up with mom. It may be important to know that my mother has suffered from night terrors all of her life, and sharing the room with her was trying, especially given my stress levels.

One night I had a dream that there was a satanic cult that summoned a demon and they wanted my help "slaying" it or sending it back to where they found it. In the dream I asked why me, and the reiterated that he had asked for me. I obliged them, and they took me to this. . . thing. At first he appeared in the shape of a man, but it was as if he was made of mud. . . he looked brown and gooey. No facial features or eyes, just huge empty sockets. As we fought, I had some sort of weapon with a chain on it, he would shape shift into a blob or various animals. At some point he told me I was a worthy advisory, and disappeared.

I gave this dream little thought. I have always been prone to nightmares, but never been bothered by them. I told no one about this dream. Two weeks later I had second dream, but this time we had a conversation. The demon told me his name was Belial, and that he was in side my mother and always had been. However, my mom was getting old (74) and she was unable to host him any longer. He was seeking a new host, and he told me he wanted me. He also told me many things in that conversation about my mother and my family that I didn't know. He told me not only had he occupied my mother, but he had taken residence in "Tommy" for many years. This second dream deeply disturbed me and I called my sister to talk to her about it. When I asked her who Tommy was, she informed me that he was my mother's older brother, who was a violent psychopath, and had died decades ago. I still didn't tell my mother about the dreams or ask her about Tommy.

Several days after this happened I woke up to find my mom sitting at the end of the bed weeping. I asked her what was wrong but she hesitated to tell me. When I finally got it out of her I was shocked.

" I keep having these dreams," she told me. " These night mares that something is inside me and it wants you. You're not safe here." As you can guess, this scared the living hell out of me. I hadn't once mentioned the dreams to her, nor had my sister. I told my mom, who is Baptist, to pray. In her faith she doesn't necessarily believe in the validity of a physical demon. . . To her, demons and vices are one in the same, like sins. I have always been on the fence, as I am not Christian, but spiritual and believe in the manifestation of dark negative energies.

My mom's behavior changed and she began doing bizarre things when everyone was a sleep, though I should also add that my mother has not always been an angel. She lived her life as such that despite my deep love for her, I would guess she is/was sociopath. I woke up once to her face only an inch or so from mine, staring wide eyed at me. Another night I had come home from work around 4 am to find her eating a peanut butter and yogurt ( yeah who does that?) in her bed, her shirt smeared with peanut butter. The next morning we found that she had finger painted the kitchen walls with peanut butter. She chalked it all up to sleep walking due to her meds when confronted about it and has denied she ever told me anything about her night mares.

I have had several more "contact" dreams with the entity who claims to be Belial. He usually shows up in dreams disguised as friends or threatens to take the souls of those who I love. One or two of these dreams have been precognitive. I can always recognize him though, because the eyes will be empty holes.

So, yes, I believe uninitiated contact can be made. I have faith, though. I'm not a Christian, but I have faith in the Gods.

I have combated him verbally and spiritually through rituals over the last twelve months and because I have been successful at keeping him at bay, I do not believe he is the entity he claims to be. From the research I have done on Belial, he was Satan him self in early scripture , then in later scripture became a powerful second hand to Lucifer. If this was the case, I feel that such a powerful demon could have overtaken me and I wouldn't be able to so easily ward it off with sage/salt baths ( lol!) None the less, as light hearted as I am about it now, I was terrified this time last year, and for several months

• Like 1

Demons will also try to trick us into thinking there is an agreement when actually we can cancel it. Sometimes that may be easier said than done, but if there is a will there is a way and we can always win over a demon. Demons are easier to conquer than humans and easier to conquer than ourselves. Demons are our stepping stones. Practice grounds for real life. What happens in the spirit manifests in life. Being able to conquer demons helps you succeed and one way to do that is not to sign contracts and to get out of them if they have accidentally been made. Remember, The Devil will do anything to trick us. Do not be afraid. Demons do not get the final say so because they break the rules, they don't play fair. In spiritual law those who uphold righteousness are the victors. Anything that works to keep you bound and uses you for your life energy are The Devil. We are dealing with this principle all over the board, we have contracts with businesses, other humans, positions in our lives, etc... we have to pay close attention to what we are dealing with.

We shouldn't be signing contracts with AT&T, Verizon or the student loan department either.... One aspect of the Mulsim religion, that I've heard of and particularly like, is the rejection of signing into debt. Look over all documents very carefully and never give away your soul for anything. If you have accidentally given away your soul, remember you can always get it back, but you must want it and fight for it. The reason Jesus is powerful in demon release, is because he is known as the debt canceler and the redeemer.

Edited by SpiritWriter

Creating A Contract:

Contract Seal:

A couple of problems with the post...

You didn't provide your source link, which is in violation of rule 2c. Plagiarism and copyright.

In what you CCP'd you pulled from a cartoon site, and presented it as if it was something factual. This could be in violation of rules 2d. Accuracy or 2e. Garbage posting. Good job in editing out the obvious cartoon parts and leaving in just the "facts" though.

For those interested, here's the cartoon wiki the OP's information is pulled from: http://kuroshitsuji....ustian_Contract

At this time, I'm going to lock the thread for rule violations.

• Like 2