Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why vampires couldn't exist

UM-Bot

vampire.jpg
A paper has been published demonstrating the impossibility of the concept of vampires, drawing upon the fact that if vampires were among us then we would have seen a huge population explosion and their food supply (us) would have ran out.

"Two physicists have published an academic paper where they demonstrate, by virtue of geometric progression, that vampires could not exist, since they would almost immediately deplete their entire food supply (a.k.a, all of us)."

arrow3.gifView: Full Article | arrow3.gifSource: io9.com

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stormcrow

• kie

• theSOURCE

• shaka5

That'll upset Twilight fans.

Now we need an academic paper considering dragons and their supposed existence. :D

vampire.jpg

A paper has been published demonstrating the impossibility of the concept of vampires, drawing upon the fact that if vampires were among us then we would have seen a huge population explosion and their food supply (us) would have ran out.

"Two physicists have published an academic paper where they demonstrate, by virtue of geometric progression, that vampires could not exist, since they would almost immediately deplete their entire food supply (a.k.a, all of us)."

arrow3.gifView: Full Article | linked-imageSource: io9.com

Hey, Lestat drank from Akasha when there was no convenient food at hand. Come to think about it, Akasha drank from Lestat as well-- that's how she became animated after her long nap.

I don't see how these people can call themselves scholars when they don't bother consulting the experts before writing a paper. They should have interviewed Anne Rice.

Its actually sad to see this is what they chose to put their time into..disproving vampires hahahahahahahahahaa...are you serious, next they should prove that the tooth fairy and the predator never existed

They do exist. Try the local bank/ATM and or even credit union.

God, the failure of understanding mythology burns.

Humans aren't a food supply. They're fecking dead, they can't eat. AHHH. People. I hate misunderstandings that could be cured by simple common sense... That isn't even why they couldn't exist. It's because they are DEAD. Good lord.

(Anne Rice can go to hell for all I care about her and her vampires. She killed them just as much as Stephanie Meyer, and they might as well both go hand in hand to see the real creatures they've been trying to portray.)

Edited by Ebonykrow

That was an excellent and entertaining article. While whether physical vampires are myth or misconception may be debatable, emotional vampires definitely exist. Scare tactics and various mind games suck the life right out of a person.

That'll upset Twilight fans.

Good. Maybe it'll bring them back to reality.

Humans aren't a food supply. They're fecking dead, they can't eat. AHHH. People. I hate misunderstandings that could be cured by simple common sense... That isn't even why they couldn't exist. It's because they are DEAD. Good lord.

(Anne Rice can go to hell for all I care about her and her vampires. She killed them just as much as Stephanie Meyer, and they might as well both go hand in hand to see the real creatures they've been trying to portray.)

:tu: *applauds*

Now we need an academic paper considering dragons and their supposed existence. :D

Shhhh! You're going to open a can of worm!

Its actually sad to see this is what they chose to put their time into..disproving vampires hahahahahahahahahaa...are you serious, next they should prove that the tooth fairy and the predator never existed

Nooo! My bubble! It popped! LOL!

Seriously though, if Vampires did exist and were superior to humans, we'd probably be their cattle.

Depends on if they can control weither or not they convert someone to a vampire. If they can control it, then it would be easy to maintain a stable population.

They do exist. Try the local bank/ATM and or even credit union.

The Bloodsuckers!! :lol:

:D

That was an excellent and entertaining article. While whether physical vampires are myth or misconception may be debatable, emotional vampires definitely exist. Scare tactics and various mind games suck the life right out of a person.

Good point.

I'd like to add that this article fails to draw any logical conclusions as to how they 'define' a vampire (if they exist that is). I feel that the article draws too heavily on Hollywood's portrayal of vampires and has not looked at possibly logical explanations for the myth of the vampire.

That's not taking into account "Buffy" and her friends holding down the vampire population.

I think its kinda lame reasons of the many reasons they could of focused on to disprove vampires. I mean really theres self control, maybe they dont convert everyone they feed off, or maybe the many blood banks located all over. Im not saying they exist because they dont but what a hack job. I personally would of disproved vampires by comparing them to say a mosqutio and how much blood they both would need to consume on a daily bases just to aquire the nutriants need to survive. Like mosqutios need x amount of blood according to there body size and a vampire would have to consume x mount of blood for there body size.

That's not taking into account "Buffy" and her friends holding down the vampire population.

Exactly.

I can't believe they left out the Buffster as a source of population control.

That AND Buffy closed a hellmouth. So, not to many places of mystical energy for Vampires to hang out!

Don't forget Angel and Spike, they may be vampires but they are good vampires that kill 'evil' vampires

Don't forget Angel and Spike, they may be vampires but they are good vampires that kill 'evil' vampires

There's a difference?

Vampires, in the original sense of the word, are corpses who have dug themselves out of the grave to exact revenge on those who have done them wrong by literally eating their victims to death, i.e. feasting on their heart and blood. In fact, the original vampires were indistinguishable from our modern day movie versions of zombies.

The real mystery is why in the world anyone in their right mind would believe in such a blatantly over dramatized, overly romanticized, and overtly sexualized fantasy that any human being with a modicum of sense would realize that such a thing could never exist.

It's become such a sad, sad world when there has to be some form of official statement to tell the countless blithering idiots out there that VAMPIRES DON'T EXIST!

Gawd! Someone really did p*** in the gene pool!

It's become such a sad, sad world when there has to be some form of official statement to tell the countless blithering idiots out there that VAMPIRES DON'T EXIST!

Gawd! Someone really did p*** in the gene pool!

I blame the romanticized novelizations (*cough*) and movies (*cough*) that make it look like something absolutely awesome and ALMOST scientific, when in reality there was nothing scientific about their "existence" at all. It was all black magic, there was no logic involved at all.

...don't look at me.

I'm a werecat.

After second, third, fourth and fifth thoughts I'm removing this post.

The dead should remain the dead.

Edited by theSOURCE

After second, third, fourth and fifth thoughts I'm removing this post.

The dead should remain the dead.

Oh man what is it?

The mathematicians forgot Bonfils blood centers around the nation, Lestat is one of the major shareholders.

Well isn't this interesting. Honestly I don't think they researched that deeply into the subject though all and all well put together article that is very open to debate, gives me something to think about for awhile. though it still doesn't even make a ripple on my belief meter.

^_^

well what about considering that human blood isnt there only food, how about BLOOD in general, any kind of animal not just humans.

And the sex drive of the species, in humans its hight thats why (among others reasons) is why we're overpopulated (my input), but if it wasnt as high then the drive to mate would be lower.

they would live together or in groups, they would be loners, cause a group would be risky when hunting.

they wouldn't be as strong as humans, so if a vampire failed to kill the human, the human would be able to fight off or possibly kill the vampire. but the vampre would use a sort-of Hypnoses to lure prey, a pheramon that attracts what ever oposite gender human to the vampire, male vamp = female human/ female vamp = male human.

and this is just my oppinion but vampires seem like there a creature that needs a some-what cooler enviroment, like a temprit zone like europe, north america, and russia, and a few other areas,

they would live close to humans but keep a safe distance.

IDK just a few of my ideas