Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gadget Brings Your Vital Sign Data To Phone

Render

It was a year ago that Scanadu first came on the scene after raising some $2 million for a very interesting idea: Bringing the ability to monitor and track your body’s vital signs to a portable and inexpensive device that connects to your smartphone. The idea is that Scanadu will let you own and control your own health data in the same way that you monitor other aspects of your life — to “check your body as often as you check your email,” so to speak.

http://techcrunch.com/2012/11/29/first-look-at-the-scanadu-scout-a-gadget-that-brings-your-vital-sign-data-to-your-smartphone/

A massive generation of hypochondriacs is in the making.

• Like 1

EXACTLY!

Well there's actually this cool thing for iPhones ,to do ekgs with the phone.

For a medic ,this stuff comes in handy .It doesn't necessarily have to be a hypochondriac .

A thing to do blood pressure and ekg with your phone ,would be good to have ,especially if you're a buff . No need for equipment .

And if you had say and elderly sickly parent ,its perfect .

Just sayin

Well there's actually this cool thing for iPhones ,to do ekgs with the phone.

For a medic ,this stuff comes in handy .It doesn't necessarily have to be a hypochondriac .

A thing to do blood pressure and ekg with your phone ,would be good to have ,especially if you're a buff . No need for equipment .

And if you had say and elderly sickly parent ,its perfect .

Just sayin

I'd wonder how accurate it is. I'd love to have a pulse oximeter to see how I'm saturating on my walks :) I had bilateral pulmonary emboli last year and it's a very slow recovery.

I'd wonder how accurate it is. I'd love to have a pulse oximeter to see how I'm saturating on my walks :) I had bilateral pulmonary emboli last year and it's a very slow recovery.

I heard the ekg one is good,but it made specifically for first responders .I would have to test this one to know.

I always have a BP cuff on hand ,so I can do simple vitals easily ,but a pulse ox and ekg would be nice .

My mom is gone now,so little need ,and I'm not really a buff ,but it would be nice to have ,just in case.

And bilateral ? You're lucky to be alive .Did you have DVT emboli first ?

Or was is iatrically caused by a med ?