Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

George Not Best Says UK

Talon

GEORGE NOT BEST SAYS UK

Most Britons want to see President George Bush lose the upcoming US presidential elections, according to a new poll.

Just under a third of Brits want him to serve a second term.

But 52% would like to see Senator John Kerry in power, according to a Populus poll The Times.

The president is currently 11 points ahead of the Vietnam vet in the polls following a Bush bounce after the Republican convention in New York.

Thirty-five per cent of Conservative supporters prefer Mr Bush, compared with 38% of Labour voters, the poll found.

Nearly half of supporters from both parties prefer Mr Kerry.

The poll found that 35% of men favoured Mr Bush and 49% Mr Kerry. Sixteen per cent of men were undecided.

Americans go to the polls on November 2.

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30200-13217447,00.html

Says Britain? Says Europe is the news is anything to go by rolleyes.gif

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Homer

• bathory

• Talon

• Velikovsky

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Americans go to the polls on November 2.

I will be there with bells on!!!!

VOTE GEORGE BUSH 2004!!!!!

I would think most people from most countries would prefer Kerry to Bush. President Bush plays hard ball, and although prefers to have international support, and in fact tries to gain international support for his foreign policy decisions, won't back down from global responsibilities if the international community isn't behind him.

Not all decisions are popular and easy, and making hard decisions is what seperates Bush from Kerry in my humble opinion. Kerry yields to international pressure, regardless of whether it's the right decision, because it's the easy and popular decision, so it's only natural Kerry will have the greater support from the international community.

I think I am going to write myself in for president. I would like to have my cat Scruffy run for vice president. My other cat Mittens could take Condolizza Rice's spot. I asked my wife to run for VP, but she hates politics; the cats didn't seem to mind the idea...

Scruffy is cute and could get the female votes, and if the unthinkable were to happen to me I think he could be a pretty good president. He sleeps 18 hours a day and licks himself a lot, so I think he is a democrat, but I am not sure, he is evasive about such loyalities.

Scruffy wants to run on a platform in support of kindness to animals and the production of more dazzling shiny objects to play with. Oh..and kibble...lots of kibble in every bowl.

Most of you already know where I stand on issues, and I will say right upfront that I will reward votes with titles and making people the Ambassador to their favorite country.

post-2832-1094650673.jpg

I would think most people from most countries would prefer Kerry to Bush. President Bush plays hard ball, and although prefers to have international support, and in fact tries to gain international support for his foreign policy decisions, won't back down from global responsibilities if the international community isn't behind him.

Not all decisions are popular and easy, and making hard decisions is what seperates Bush from Kerry in my humble opinion. Kerry yields to international pressure, regardless of whether it's the right decision, because it's the easy and popular decision, so it's only natural Kerry will have the greater support from the international community.

You say that as if the International Community has no right to a say over the world which they live, but America treats as its own.

America: World Police!

Go Homer thumbsup.gif Yes!

Not all decisions are popular and easy, and making hard decisions is what separates Bush from Kerry...

...is what separates the men from the boys.

Edited by Babs

Homer is merely stating good reasons why people outside of the states would prefer Kerry over Bush.. He makes good sense here.

Reese

Talon,

That wasn't my intention. The international community has a right to say whatever they want, and so do the leaders of indivual nations. My point was that as a leader of a nation, one must follow a course that one feels is right for that nation, even if the rest of the international community disagrees. This goes for all national leaders. My previous post had no intention of saying one side is right and the other is wrong, except when it comes to making decisions based on what is popular and easy.

Most of the world doesn't have the U.S. in their best interests, and I'm not saying that is a bad thing, because each nation must stay the course on what is right for them. However, the President of the United States(along with any other leader from any other nation) should not take into consideration what the civilian populations of other nations think, when foreign policy decisions are being made based on national security and national interests.

That was my point

However, the President of the United States(along with any other leader from any other nation) should not take into consideration what the civilian populations of other nations think, when foreign policy decisions are being made based on national security and national interests.

He should when his actions affect the security of the rest of the world also.

I really can care a less about what other countries think about our president. After all I do not care who they have unless they are a dictator.

Edited by wcturnersr

However, the President of the United States(along with any other leader from any other nation) should not take into consideration what the civilian populations of other nations think, when foreign policy decisions are being made based on national security and national interests.

He should when his actions affect the security of the rest of the world also.

259476[/snapback]

No he shouldn't. National leaders meet with other national leaders and discuss things involving global responsibilities, but the popularity poll of other nations are not, and should not, be taken into consideration, because due to security issues, civilians like us don't have all the information needed to make these kinds of decisions. That is why we elect who we think is best suited to make these decisions for us.

I really can care a less about what other countries think about our president.  After all I do not care who they have unless they are a dictator.

259478[/snapback]

Considering the American government likes sticking their nose into everyone's business, I think that it does matter what other countries think of your president.

homer, you make outstanding points. I don't see where the argument is. Obviously this is the way things have to work, otherwise there would be complete chaos.

I really can care a less about what other countries think about our president.  After all I do not care who they have unless they are a dictator.

259478[/snapback]

Considering the American government likes sticking their nose into everyone's business, I think that it does matter what other countries think of your president.

259482[/snapback]

I'm pretty sure every government likes to stick their noses in each other's business. It shows all over.

*stops himself, starts to realize he is beginning to be involved in a political conversation*

rolleyes.gif

[i'm pretty sure every government likes to stick their noses in each other's business. It shows all over. 

259488[/snapback]

Right, but the United States shouldn't be invading countries over a false pretense.

Right, and I do think other countries should have interest in national leaders. Although, I don't believe they should have any say. Invading a country is wrong under the wrong pretenses.

Edited by Mentalcase

259478[/snapback]

259482[/snapback]

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with this statement. However, I feel it is wrong to make this kind of statement without listing some examples. I would prefer examples that doesn't include the war on terror. Not including invading anyone or terrorism, I don't hear anyone complain about The U.S. sticking their noses everywhere.

I dont really care about America's president as such..... Thats up to the US people to decide.... but one thing that has annoyed me lately is George Bush telling us who we should vote for, saying our other party wouldn't be in the best interest of australia.... In my opinion he should not be casting his thoughs on our election, telling us... almost warning us not to vote for a party....

On the other side Michael Moore did the opposite, and he too should keep his opinions to himself.... If we vote them in, we want them in....end of story....

The really sad part is that no matter what is said about Kerry and Bush most of it's probably true. Both are going to be hit with negative ads and for the most part those ads will be 100% true.

Homer the world can voice their concerns and opinions all they want. We as Americans can choose to listen to them or not. It's not wrong or right. If the President wants to listen to the rest of the world to help make American policy decisions that's their choice. The annual G-8 conference is a great example of that.

As for America sticking its nose into other people's business here are some examples.

America helping Manuel Noriega into power.

America helping Saddam Hussein into power.

America helping form, train and fund Al Qaeda.

America helping form a democratic government in Iran then withdrawing support and allowing the Shah to regain power.

America dealing heroin throughout Europe during the Vietnam war.

The American government is constantly involved in politics around the world being more than willing to support anybody who will claim to support the US.

For a recent example look in Iraq to Chalabi. We knew the guy was a crook when we flew him into the country. Yet we still chose to try to place him into power. When you choose to look at the policies of our government around the world they rarely make the moral choice.

Don't worry subtemperate the VP is now telling us that if we vote for the wrong person we'll be attacked again.

Republicans would you vote for Cheney in 2008?

As a Republican my answer is no.

Homer the world can voice their concerns and opinions all they want. We as Americans can choose to listen to them or not. It's not wrong or right. If the President wants to listen to the rest of the world to help make American policy decisions that's their choice. The annual G-8 conference is a great example of that.

As for America sticking its nose into other people's business here are some examples.

America helping Manuel Noriega into power.

America helping Saddam Hussein into power.

America helping form, train and fund Al Qaeda.

America helping form a democratic government in Iran then withdrawing support and allowing the Shah to regain power.

America dealing heroin throughout Europe during the Vietnam war.

259522[/snapback]

Velikovsky,

I don't know why you mentioned my name, as your reply has nothing to do with what I said. Your example of the G-8 is exactly my point: leaders discussing with other leaders global responsibilities. In those G-8 meetings, environment, economics, and to a lesser extent, political policies and ideas are being discussed by leaders and their advisers. They don't make decisions based on the outcome of an opinion poll.

Also, regarding the U.S. sticking their nose in everyone elses business, this topic is about the current election and Bush/Kerry. We can go back in time and find fault with every country on the planet, but that's not staying within the topic. Can you give some examples of the U.S. sticking it's nose in other's business, not including the war on terror?

Cheney is the man! thumbsup.gif I am looking ahead to 2008...and I wonder what will happen?

I was talking to my husband about this the other night and asked him who he thought would run. He said he didn't think Cheney would run; that would be a pity....I would love for him to be president. original.gif...my opinion

Go Homer and Mentalcase! grin2.gif

Edited by Babs