Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

How many of you can get to the starting line?

• Please log in to reply
354 replies to this topic

#271    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Non-Corporeal Being

• 7,784 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:53 PM

View PostNuke_em, on 17 January 2013 - 02:44 PM, said:

Yes but back then people didn't knew what a Blackbird would look like for them it might just be UFO, but nowdays people know what we have what we developed how might our design look like. and by saying that i would like to say that i feel that UFO reports did indeed decreased lately ( 5-8 years ). Just an observation i don't know if it's true..

I completely understand 'why' people would think what they did, but in the same way that they jumped to the conclusion that some Black Projects were UFO's the UFO crowd has quite often jumped to the conclusion that UFO's equal Extraterrestrials. Both are false assumptions based on little to no actual evidence.

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#272    SurgeTechnologies

SurgeTechnologies

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,371 posts

• "Why not take what seems to me the only chance of escaping what is otherwise the sure destruction"

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:00 PM

View Postcormac mac airt, on 17 January 2013 - 02:46 PM, said:

And I've never said that nothing is happening, but one shouldn't automatically jump to the conclusion that the explanation is extraterrestrials. However, more often than not, that's exactly what happens.

cormac

Yes i agree with you here reminds me on this guy :

Posted Image

Like Boonyzarc did first we need to fully analyze a certain event, and if we cannot and i mean definitly cannot find a proper firm explanation based on circumstances event happened it might have been some sort of UFO phenomena and even then we cannot firmly say such thing because we still dont fully understand many things.

So we are back to suggestions... Evidence might suggest some sort ETI but still can be some sort of cosmic phenomena we dont understand yet.

Space is really a vast place to be. Maybe some sort of ET civilization is coming here or not we cannot be sure that it does or doesn't... that is where military comes in the picture..

Edited by Nuke_em, 17 January 2013 - 03:02 PM.

RSOE EDIS - Emergency and Disaster Information Service App is available on site!

SHTFPlan Source for all sorts of news and updates!

#273    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 5,375 posts

• A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
    Albert Einstein

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:32 PM

View Postcormac mac airt, on 17 January 2013 - 02:44 PM, said:

In this hypothetical it may be fact to them, but without verifiable evidence they can present to others it's meaningless to anyone else. And therein lies the rub, you can't present something as fact to others with verifiable evidence you don't have.

cormac

does it not still remain a fact though?

#274    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Non-Corporeal Being

• 7,784 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:44 PM

View Postquillius, on 17 January 2013 - 03:32 PM, said:

does it not still remain a fact though?

For them, yes, but only for them. But where ET's are concerned we're not talking about what 'may' be factual for a person or persons who've allegedly seen ET's. But what they are attempting to present as fact to others without evidence. These are two separate issues.

And all this is assuming that these individuals saw what they claimed they saw, which could be explained by any number of things other than actual extraterrestrials.

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#275    wimfloppp

wimfloppp

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:52 PM

I think we should set up cameres on all the most likely corn fields.There must be certain areas where these circles occure.

#276    Quaentum

Quaentum

Psychic Spy

• 1,780 posts

• The number of fringe believers is inversely proportional to what is left to discover in our world.

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:04 PM

View PostNuke_em, on 17 January 2013 - 02:24 PM, said:

This is it, it starts at 15.00 and it most certainly isnt a ballon if it were it would fly high to the sky since it would follow the steam of warm air, but this object just hovers there.

You can watch entire thing, some really good footage in there even if something else was hoaxed i don't think the object in question was...

Link

This guy Dennis has more similar videos on hes channel, i liked maybe 2 or 3 everything else is not in my interest.

The object could be a balloon.  At one point you can see the ground is moving at the bottom of the view indicating the camera is moving to keep the object centered.  So the object is moving, probably with the wind.  If it is a hot air balloon, it won't shoot up into the sky but will reach a certain height and stay there moving with the wind until the hot air cools.

AA LOGIC
They didn't use thousands of workers - oops forgot about the work camps
There's no evidence for ramps - You found one?...Bummer
Well we know they didn't use ancient tools to cut and shape the stones - Chisel marks?  Craps
I still say aliens built them!

#277    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 5,375 posts

Albert Einstein

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:06 PM

View Postcormac mac airt, on 17 January 2013 - 03:44 PM, said:

For them, yes, but only for them. But where ET's are concerned we're not talking about what 'may' be factual for a person or persons who've allegedly seen ET's. But what they are attempting to present as fact to others without evidence. These are two separate issues.

And all this is assuming that these individuals saw what they claimed they saw, which could be explained by any number of things other than actual extraterrestrials.

cormac

My hypothetical was to be taken as fact that this occured as told. I am asking if this did happen then how could these people present any evidence, they cant. Does this make it just fact to them? no, the fact is is that it happened, they fact also is they cannot prove this, but it doesnt limit it being a fact to just them....a fact is a fact..

#278    SurgeTechnologies

SurgeTechnologies

Psychic Spy

• 1,371 posts

• "Why not take what seems to me the only chance of escaping what is otherwise the sure destruction"

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:13 PM

View PostQuaentum, on 17 January 2013 - 04:04 PM, said:

The object could be a balloon.  At one point you can see the ground is moving at the bottom of the view indicating the camera is moving to keep the object centered.  So the object is moving, probably with the wind.  If it is a hot air balloon, it won't shoot up into the sky but will reach a certain height and stay there moving with the wind until the hot air cools.

Could be but then it would still fly alot faster especially out in the see where winds are powerfull and it would be shaken left and right where ever winds would blow slightly ...it would have a reckless pattern if ballon this thing just hovers... even thou why would someone record a ballon at such a clear distance?

Edit: A similar event is in the footage but in London at night, pretty interesting stuff.

Edited by Nuke_em, 17 January 2013 - 04:27 PM.

RSOE EDIS - Emergency and Disaster Information Service App is available on site!

#279    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Non-Corporeal Being

• 7,784 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:27 PM

View Postquillius, on 17 January 2013 - 04:06 PM, said:

My hypothetical was to be taken as fact that this occured as told. I am asking if this did happen then how could these people present any evidence, they cant. Does this make it just fact to them? no, the fact is is that it happened, they fact also is they cannot prove this, but it doesnt limit it being a fact to just them....a fact is a fact..

Whether we're talking about ET's here or alleged ancient advanced civilizations or similar claim in the "Ancient Mysteries and Alternative History" forum I usually post in, I don't take anything as fact without evidence to support it. Otherwise it's just assuming a conclusion.

cormac

#280    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 5,375 posts

Albert Einstein

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:34 PM

View Postcormac mac airt, on 17 January 2013 - 04:27 PM, said:

Whether we're talking about ET's here or alleged ancient advanced civilizations or similar claim in the "Ancient Mysteries and Alternative History" forum I usually post in, I don't take anything as fact without evidence to support it. Otherwise it's just assuming a conclusion.

cormac

ok I think you misunderstood my point, I was giving a hypothetical scenario explaining what happened (as fact) i..e aliens came down etc to show a situation where even when the situation/event happened and it is a fact, then this doesnt get reduced to belief because there is no hard evidence to support what actually happened.

#281    SurgeTechnologies

SurgeTechnologies

Psychic Spy

• 1,371 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:41 PM

View Postquillius, on 17 January 2013 - 04:34 PM, said:

ok I think you misunderstood my point, I was giving a hypothetical scenario explaining what happened (as fact) i..e aliens came down etc to show a situation where even when the situation/event happened and it is a fact, then this doesnt get reduced to belief because there is no hard evidence to support what actually happened.

You get the basic paradox here people will claim it happened to them and they believe it, while others who weren't present at the event will need proof of such a event .
And that is the problem of ufology... people don't believe other people...

But lets say "president" would witness this hypothetical event ( a good honest president ) and he would make a press conference and said " This happened " with no proof at all and the nation will believe as it would happen to them!

#282    Norbert the Incredible

Norbert the Incredible

A bit dull

• 26,821 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:45 PM

View PostNuke_em, on 17 January 2013 - 04:41 PM, said:

But lets say "president" would witness this hypothetical event ( a good honest president )
it would be far more likely that they'd find an alien civilisation on the Moon.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#283    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 18,529 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:47 PM

Man after reading the last dozen or so post I need a Conac` or Strong Margarita !
:alien: :tu:

This is a Work in Progress!

#284    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 5,375 posts

Albert Einstein

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:48 PM

View PostNuke_em, on 17 January 2013 - 04:41 PM, said:

You get the basic paradox here people will claim it happened to them and they believe it, while others who weren't present at the event will need proof of such a event .
And that is the problem of ufology... people don't believe other people...

But lets say "president" would witness this hypothetical event ( a good honest president ) and he would make a press conference and said " This happened " with no proof at all and the nation will believe as it would happen to them!

its no small thing so I dont think we should just believe what anyone says no matter who they are, especially as they could be tellign the truth about their experience but hallucinations etc etc could be the real cause.
This is basically what Cormac was driving at before, which I agree with.

#285    SurgeTechnologies

SurgeTechnologies

Psychic Spy

• 1,371 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:53 PM

Yes and at the end you either show a proof of some kind ( firm evidence ) or it is your own silent belief ( well not so silent on forums ).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users