Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ogopogo footage

undone364

Hey everyone, new to the forum, not cyptozoology. I've had an interest since first grade when I saw my first picture of Nessie and I've been an addict for this stuff ever since. I love this site, there seems to be no end to the cool photos and discussions, and I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction of something. I remember seeing an episode of Unsolved Mysteries a few years back and they had some incredible footage of Ogopogo swimming and then diving with its tail flipping up in the air after it. I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find this footage to watch again, I've searched Kazaa with no results (although, that's not too suprising) and I was wondering if there was maybe a website hosting the file somewhere. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Links to any other favorite crypto pics or movies would be welcomed as well!

Thanks!

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BurnSide

• mr_halo

• Canadian Rottweiler

• undone364

Top Posters In This Topic

i've never seen that clip, i wish i had, it sounds good, oh unsolved mysteries i used to love that program, i'll look out for that clip for you

Never heard of Ogopogo. What is it, another Nessie clone so another country can feel special with it's very own Cryptid?

its a pretty well known lake monster actually... whistling2.gif

Edited by mr_halo

I am interested, thanks mate.

Lemme read through this..

"In 1914 a group of Nicola Valley and Westbank Indians discovered the decomposing body of an unidentified creature across from Rattlesnake Island. Five-six feet long and estimated to weigh 400 pounds, it was blue-grey. It had a tail and flippers, and an amateur naturalist in the area felt that it was a manatee. No one knew how such a creature could have gotten into the lake, and Lake monster expert Peter Costello has hypothesized that the carcass was "actually an Ogopogo, as the details of this mammal with flippers and a broad tail and dark color are all that we would expect. But the carcass was mangled so much that the long neck was already gone."

Definately interesting stuff, especially since that's over 15 years since the first nessie sighting...

yeah so i read its from some place called canada, well i've never heard of this place myself, anywhere know where canada is, must be a small place of something huh.gif

Edited by mr_halo

You know, that's what i thought about Canada before i moved here, seriously. laugh.gif

how could you think canada was small?, i was just messing aboot

Edited by mr_halo

I was young before i moved here. Still in junior high school (or secondary school in england where i moved from). In geography they taught me all about america and well, canada was just a part of america stacked on the top. When i arrived here i was so angry with my geo teacher i sent him a letter saying what a dolt he was. no response. *shrugs*

sorry to hijack this thread here.

its a rather old post, i replied to it because nobody had and i thought i'd try and help the guy who posted it, but i can't find the clip he wanted anywhere, can anyone help?

I have a question.

Why the hell call it an Ogopogo when you could call it a Giant Canadian Lake Rat, or something along those lines?

• 2 months later...
Never heard of Ogopogo. What is it, another Nessie clone so another country can feel special with it's very own Cryptid?

223960[/snapback]

The most popular sea serpent in Canada.One of the most popular in the world.This creature has been around the longest.There is documents of this creature(or creatures)that have been reported as far back as the 1500's

I have a question.

Why the hell call it an Ogopogo when you could call it a Giant Canadian Lake Rat, or something along those lines?

224128[/snapback]

You don't know what you're talking about. wacko.gif It's not a lake rat. tongue.gif It has a name like other creatures in other lakes like Nessie,Caddy,and Champ. alien.gif

I know what it is now, this thread is 2 months old.

Nessie and the others were named after their lakes they were found in. Was Ogopogo named after the lake he was found in? Otherwise it is a strange and silly name.

Nessie and the others were named after their lakes they were found in. Was Ogopogo named after the lake he was found in? Otherwise it is a strange and silly name.

291119[/snapback]

Ogopogo was the name that the natives gave it a long time ago.It means something like creature of the water.

291119[/snapback]

Ogopogo was the name that the natives gave it a long time ago.It means something like creature of the water.

291127[/snapback]

Why would you say that Ogopogo is a silly name? huh.gif

Say it out loud a few times.

Ogopogogopogogopogogopogogoopgogogopgpgopgpopgopgopgopgpopgoog!

that clip you remember sound extremely simular to footage a few years back taken off a Turken coast. If I find the link again, I'll post it.