Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How do skeptics explain Qi Gong

jsowersby

There are numerous videos showing people using qi. I myself have learned to use it to heal minor aches and pains. I hear from skeptics that it is not real or hoaxed somehow. The thermal image in this video is undeniable.

[media=]http://youtu.be/qWCn8PkHeuk[/media]

Edited by jsowersby
  • Like 1

The guy from that site Quackwatch,has a separate site,just for acupuncture and other oriental healing techniques.

I sit there reading it,and laughing at it ,while they push stuff like oxycodone and surgery ,while bashing 5000 year old,non invaisive methods,that work .

They can't explain it ,so they just put it down,say it isn't possible,and try to defame it.

This stuff,if the general public really figured it all out,would lose them millions .

• Like 4

The guy from that site Quackwatch,has a separate site,just for acupuncture and other oriental healing techniques.

I sit there reading it,and laughing at it ,while they push stuff like oxycodone and surgery ,while bashing 5000 year old,non invaisive methods,that work .

They can't explain it ,so they just put it down,say it isn't possible,and try to defame it.

This stuff,if the general public really figured it all out,would lose them millions .

Very true. Most of the medications pushed by big pharm do not cure anything, they only treat symptoms leaving the root cause intact. Like cutting a weed, it just grows back. Then people who own stock in big pharm companies spread some lies to keep money flowing in from sick people. It's sickening that people are allowed to die in this country so some fat cat make more money.

Edited by jsowersby
  • Like 2

Very true. Most of the medications pushed by big pharm do not cure anything, they only treat symptoms leaving the root cause intact. Like cutting a weed, it just grows back. Then people who own stock in big pharm companies spread some lies to keep money flowing in from sick people. It's sickening that people are allowed to die in this country so some fat cat make more money.

The encyclopedia of herbal medicine is an awesome resource. I also have studied chi gong with one of. Ip man's students. It is effective no doubt, as to why ....well couldn't tell you.

• Like 2

The education level of some of you people is terrible.

Edit: Please find out about clinical trials and active ingredients before spewing such garbage.

Edited by Rlyeh
  • Like 4

I'd love to see these Chi demonstrations done under scientific conditions. I saw a doctor in Java light a ball of newspaper with his hand and give people electric shocks directly from his hands.

Problem is that without scientific testing these demonstrations are similar to things we see showmen and magicians in the west do.

the first chap walks on the paper sheets and tells us that he can will himself lighter? I saw david blaine levitate and we don't think it's anything other than fake when he does that? Why didn't they get the old master to stand on some scales and make himself lighter?

The baseball bat and the guys torso was very uninspiring. I've seen Japanese martial artists chop fruit on people full speed without cutting them.

The guy who was the target stepped into the blow to cover the deceleration and 'pull-back' as he pulled the blow.

Would have been much more impressive if they'd said:

"Heres your assistant who you were expecting to hit you.... and here is a random bloke we've just dragged in off the street who'se going to take his place"

Power unknown to western science of clever trick?

Without the proper testing I'm thinking a mixture of training, disciplin, visual trickery and intentional deception.

Edited by Atlantia
  • Like 2

I'd love to see these Chi demonstrations done under scientific conditions. I saw a doctor in Java light a ball of newspaper with his hand and give people electric shocks directly from his hands.

Problem is that without scientific testing these demonstrations are similar to things we see showmen and magicians in the west do.

the first chap walks on the paper sheets and tells us that he can will himself lighter? I saw david blaine levitate and we don't think it's anything other than fake when he does that? Why didn't they get the old master to stand on some scales and make himself lighter?

The baseball bat and the guys torso was very uninspiring. I've seen Japanese martial artists chop fruit on people full speed without cutting them.

The guy who was the target stepped into the blow to cover the deceleration and 'pull-back' as he pulled the blow.

"Heres your assistant who you were expecting to hit you.... and here is a random bloke we've just dragged in off the street who'se going to take his place"

Without the proper testing I'm thinking a mixture of training, disciplin, visual trickery and intentional deception.

I can gurantee you there was no intentional deception. Mabey it wasn't qi that protected him, but his movement into the bat is a response born of training. He believes it to be qi. It's just a label. He indeed is using focused energy at his abdomin to protect himself in several ways. People are just unable to get over the label. What one person calls squeezing your abs and timing an intercept with a blow, another calls qi flow. in addition, the very practice of receiving blows like that builds up calcium in the bones. A life long practitioner will have much denser bones than the average person, because they have spent a lifetime building their qi.

Greater Bone density, timeing to intercept blows, and mental control of pain. Indeed an "iron shirt".

Healing qi gong is similar. It's basically a form of deep tissue massage. Hurts like hell, but squeezing blood flow into injured areas, and also squeezing toxins out through pressure is proven to facilitate healing. Then the pain form the massage releases endorphins so you feel better. And I must admit when sifu asks the next day if the problem is better, if you don't feel like another ordeal, you will not complain. Yes Sifu, all better, Nop see it works just fine thank you sir.... No need for another treatment :) :) :) :)

Edit: Please find out about clinical trials and active ingredients before spewing such garbage.

Just because you chose to believe everything spoon fed to you by companies that make billions off poisons,and lie about test trials and ingredients to protect their money stream,doesn't mean everyone else is that ignorant of what really goes on .

I'm tired of being bashed by people on here ,and being told I know nothing about medicine .

I have two degrees in medicine .One western ,one eastern . I have thirty years experience ,and I actually went out and touched patients.

The people on here who go on about drugs and how they work in the field,all sit behind a desk reading flowcharts on a screen ,and googling studies .

Chose to believe what you want,but we do not need such input on threads like these ,where intelligent conversation is going on .

• Like 4

The third or forth leading cause of death is pharmaceuticals Rleh, either by overdose, adverse reaction, side effects, misuse and abuse.... Etc etc.

Not saying there are not good meds out there, but those who hold pharmaceuticals on a pedistool are in lala land. It's the educated people that mistrust, why.. Because they are educated.

Oh wait no it is the leading cause of accidental death now at least in 09

http://news.discovery.com/human/drugs-lead-cars-110920.html

Edited by Seeker79

Just because you chose to believe everything spoon fed to you by companies that make billions off poisons,and lie about test trials and ingredients to protect their money stream,doesn't mean everyone else is that ignorant of what really goes on .

I'm tired of being bashed by people on here ,and being told I know nothing about medicine .

I have two degrees in medicine .One western ,one eastern . I have thirty years experience ,and I actually went out and touched patients.

Coming from a charlatan who peddles disproven homeopathy, those degrees were wasted on you.
  • Like 5

The third or forth leading cause of death is pharmaceuticals Rleh, either by overdose, adverse reaction, side effects, misuse and abuse.... Etc etc.

Not saying there are not good meds out there, but those who hold pharmaceuticals on a pedistool are in lala land. It's the educated people that mistrust, why.. Because they are educated.

Oh wait no it is the leading cause of accidental death now at least in 09

http://news.discover...ars-110920.html

That's really got nothing to do with some make believe conspiracy.
  • Like 1

Ooops, I thought Qi Gong was a Chinese chappy wearing makeup and earrings who came on the TV telling tubby women how gorgeous they look!

• Like 1

The people on here who go on about drugs and how they work in the field,all sit behind a desk reading flowcharts on a screen ,and googling studies .

Chose to believe what you want,but we do not need such input on threads like these ,where intelligent conversation is going on .

Simbi Laveau,

This is very insightful information.

It would be wise of you not to cast your pearls before the ungrateful, concern yourself with those of the Light who are awake.

Yes this energy exists in all of us ...

That's really got nothing to do with some make believe conspiracy.

What conspiracy? There are profit centers and people with lots of money and lawyers to protect those profit centers. The pharmaceuticals made profits off of everyone addicted to or dead from legally made narcotics..... You don't think they know that? It's cut and dry... Just your style.

Aside from antibiotics, can you name any drugs that CURE the ailment they are prescribed for. Meaning, after the patient stops taking the drug as prescribed, they are without symptoms for longer than a year. You can leave out pain killers, high/low blood pressure meds, meds for diabetes, psychiatric meds, thyroid medication, cholesterol meds, GERD meds, and steroids.

By the way, most of the conditions these meds are prescribed for are reversable with diet . What's the point of knowing the active ingredients in a medication if it doesn't cure anything?

Your dig at educational level is childish. What I'm saying is simple logic. If back pain is treated with pain medications, muscle relaxers, anti-inflammatories it will persist. These medications do nothing to cure the condition which may be treatable many ways without addictive narcotic pain medication.

• Like 2

Explain bending the spear with his throat. The scientist who was there could not explain it. She explained it well, that qi cannot be quantified in known scientific terms. Explain the thermal camera showing heat emanating from Zhou's hands.

• Like 1

Explain bending the spear with his throat. The scientist who was there could not explain it. She explained it well, that qi cannot be quantified in known scientific terms. Explain the thermal camera showing heat emanating from Zhou's hands.

I'm sorry... I do know about Qi, but these demonstrations as some sort of magic trick does not go it justice. Give me a week and I can create the delecate balance and control to do the same thing. Or let me sharpen the spear and and see if the monk?!?!?? Would be willing to demonstrate then. I don't mean to be a skeptic... I just know better. god knows my story's are more than fantastic.

The old ways are nearly lost. Communist china has replaced true kung fu, with a communist sponsored martial arts dance style. Thank goodness the Dali lama escaped, so we could watch how the regime in china tried to replace him counter to tradition with their own construct. I relize most people don't know this story. But it's proof that true Chinese martial arts is extremely hard to come by... And barley survives.

This flaw is actually what made the man Bruce Lee.

Edited by Seeker79
  • Like 1

I'm sorry... I do know about Qi, but these demonstrations as some sort of magic trick does not go it justice. Give me a week and I can create the delecate balance and control to do the same thing. Or let me sharpen the spear and and see if the monk?!?!?? Would be willing to demonstrate then. I don't mean to be a skeptic... I just know better. god knows my story's are more than fantastic.

The old ways are nearly lost. Communist china has replaced true kung fu, with a communist sponsored martial arts dance style. Thank goodness the Dali lama escaped, so we could watch how the regime in china tried to replace him counter to tradition with their own construct. I relize most people don't know this story. But it's proof that true Chinese martial arts is extremely hard to come by... And barley survives.

This flaw is actually what made the man Bruce Lee.

Shaolin is alive and well thankfully. They were almost lost a few times. I think it can be tricked but I do not think that is what Shaolin gung fu is about. I also don't think they care if Western science can explain it or not. I think when the laws of physics are legitimately bent it demonstrates that there is something else going on. When I was working as a cook for a number of years I developed "cooks hands" and had plenty of times where I should have been burned but was not. A coworker watched as I took a pan out of a 300 degree oven with my hands and didn't get burned. It hurt some but not like being burned as it should have felt. It was not intentional and in the middle of dinner rush, I did it without thinking, maybe that was the trick.

Shaolin is alive and well thankfully. They were almost lost a few times. I think it can be tricked but I do not think that is what Shaolin gung fu is about. I also don't think they care if Western science can explain it or not. I think when the laws of physics are legitimately bent it demonstrates that there is something else going on. When I was working as a cook for a number of years I developed "cooks hands" and had plenty of times where I should have been burned but was not. A coworker watched as I took a pan out of a 300 degree oven with my hands and didn't get burned. It hurt some but not like being burned as it should have felt. It was not intentional and in the middle of dinner rush, I did it without thinking, maybe that was the trick.

It is alive.... But I gurantee it's not the "monks" on television. One only needs to look at china and their conduct with Olympic athletes to see what the level of control is.

Edited by Seeker79

Your dig at educational level is childish. What I'm saying is simple logic. If back pain is treated with pain medications, muscle relaxers, anti-inflammatories it will persist. These medications do nothing to cure the condition which may be treatable many ways without addictive narcotic pain medication.

What you're saying is uneducated, ignorance, you want some magical cure and then blaming drugs for not giving it to you. Don't be so asinine.

What conspiracy? There are profit centers and people with lots of money and lawyers to protect those profit centers. The pharmaceuticals made profits off of everyone addicted to or dead from legally made narcotics..... You don't think they know that? It's cut and dry... Just your style.

What conspiracy? What do you think I just addressed?

There exists rules for drugs, you're making it sound like people just put whatever they want on the market without testing.

What you're saying is uneducated, ignorance, you want some magical cure and then blaming drugs for not giving it to you. Don't be so asinine.

Funny how everyone except you is uneducated and ignorant ...

• Like 1