Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Window Face at Big Pink House - Saugerties

alane011

I wanted to share this and get some thoughts - I am new to the forum and subscribed to post this. I had placed these on facebook

with a less than interested response from my "friends". anyway - here is the backstory..

My wife and I went to Woodstock this past week for a business/pleasure 2 day getaway. We live about 2 hours away in CT. Among other

things I am a musician with a great love for late 60's rock/ folk so Dylan and the Band are up there for me. I wanted to check out the

famous "Big Pink" where all/some of the Band's 1st album and Dylan's Basement tapes were recorded.

We found out from our Innkeeper the name of the road (parnassus) so I plugged it into the GPS and we were there in about 15 minutes

from where we were staying. My wife took some shots of the road , sign and house with her phone. We were concerned that we were

trespassing so we made quick work of it and left. Later on I was looking at the shot of the house and I could see a face image in the bottom part of the top window.

When I got home I cropped and enhanced the window in photoshop. The first cropped shot is unretouched, the second is enhanced. It looks more like an ET than a ghost but I

am no expert. I am wondering if the owners put something in the window. I wanted to share the pics in any event. Thx - Andrew

pink4.jpg

pink6.jpg

pink5.jpg

• Like 1

Looks like the bottom of the curtains bunched up.

• Like 1

no,i see it. its creepy .

that area had a lot of native american grounds on it i believe .

camps and burial

Hello Andrew!

If you see a face in the bottom part of the top window, what do you consider the blobs in the top part of the window? To me they make 2 very similar "facial" images to that in the bottom part of the window.

Edited by QuiteContrary
  • Like 1

Yeah - i didnt want to mention the top part only because it looks flatter/2 dimensional -but there is that too.

Its not really the same at all - I dont think it validates or negates the bottom.

I appreciate the bunched curtain theory as I was able to blow it up and look closer - doesnt fly in my opinion

but it's a thought certainly..

I am thinking maybe its all a poster and props to freak out passers by like myself who snap pictures of the famous house

Edited by alane011

I would go with the one on the bottom, two on top as Levon Helm, Richard Manuel, and Rick Danko...

..but...I think Windex would fix it all up.

But its just a cool house....

I see it is slightly darker but thats because the window that you can open or close is closer inside the house.

Close_Window_Open_Door_by_mygreymatter.jpg

I can definately see that applying to the top part but the bottom face looks so different - more depth, dark spots and sorta 3 dimensional.

Again, that is pareidolia, When I look at it, looks like elmer fudd with his eye bulging or the beast from the black lagoon

• Like 2

If they are ghosts, it's of the giant-head & ugly variety.... is all I can say.

Are there no good-lookin' ghosts in the world, fgs?

(That's a nice wee hoose, btw... shame about the pink though)

• Like 1

I think this one,is *something* . Doesn't look like an app .Doesn't look like a reflection at all. It looks like one of those faces you see in photographs ,behind aunt Jenny at the Xmas party .

• Like 1

If they are ghosts, it's of the giant-head & ugly variety.... is all I can say.

Are there no good-lookin' ghosts in the world, fgs?

(That's a nice wee hoose, btw... shame about the pink though)

Some towns make houses all manner of pink purple and puke green .

It's considered "quaint" ,depending .

• Like 1

Some towns make houses all manner of pink purple and puke green .

It's considered "quaint" ,depending .

if it wasnt for the historical significance of the house it would have been repainted along time ago. The current owners

try to maintain the vibe..

• Like 1

no,i see it. its creepy .

that area had a lot of native american grounds on it i believe .

camps and burial

Can you share where that information is?

Again, ( not just you ), Indian Burial grounds do NOT get built on if they are known...

And I challenge anyone to prove any " Haunted " place being on " Indian Burial Grounds ".....Google it, show me something real...I will send you $20.00 for every verified place.

• Like 2

and Sakari will pay, he bet me once that i couldn't run into a brick wall on skype webcam. He lost 2 dollars... sucker.

• Like 4

just as a quick follow up - in my process of researching who currently lives in "Big Pink"

I found their webpage - here is a shot of the kindly owners with what they describe

as a "weird light intrusion".. I know it's probably "nothing" but it's just down from the window in question

sue_donindalite.jpg

• Like 1

just as a quick follow up - in my process of researching who currently lives in "Big Pink"

I found their webpage - here is a shot of the kindly owners with what they describe

as a "weird light intrusion".. I know it's probably "nothing" but it's just down from the window in question

sue_donindalite.jpg

It's an interesting pic.

Grasping at straws.

Yeah - I get it - I thought some might be interested - it's clear you're not.

And I can do without your arrogant/insulting comment.

Thanks

sue_donindalite.jpg

Well one mystery solved - who paints their house pink? Guys who wear shirts like that apparently.

• Like 3

sue_donindalite.jpg

A smokin' ghost!

(jokin')

:)

Edited by Eldorado

Yeah - I get it - I thought some might be interested - it's clear you're not.

And I can do without your arrogant/insulting comment.

Thanks

Brian isn't being arrogant nor insulting. Just because his view on reality is different from yours and obviously something you don't want to be told, he's arrogant and insulting?