Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Why?

• Please log in to reply
254 replies to this topic

#151    AquilaChrysaetos

AquilaChrysaetos

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

• "Some people wish to be the sun, so they can brighten your day. I wish to be the moon, which shines down upon you in your darkest hour."

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:54 PM

View PostSean93, on 01 January 2013 - 11:34 PM, said:

I think Egotism more so expresses its self in people who parade around, claiming to know the mind of god without an Iota of evidence or fact to back up their claims.

I'm simply following Jesus Christ, who essentially is God in human form. It's all on paper. Simply comes down to whether you believe him or not. It isn't from my head like your's are.

View PostHavocWing, on 01 January 2013 - 11:30 PM, said:

A box of rocks can out think him.  Just about everyone is smarter than him.

Thank you for validating my point on true egotism.

Jesus Christ - Matthew 28:18-20 said:

"All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

Posted Image

#152    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 12,671 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:25 AM

View PostJor-el, on 01 January 2013 - 09:38 PM, said:

Actually that is incorrect, without God, you have no rights anyone needs to respect. I don't speak for myself here, it is basic logic, it is exactly how life is without God and how life used to be without God, and guess what, it will be what life will be like in the future, without God. It is the power of the strong over the weak, the natural order of things...
The strong over the weak applies only to the 'animal kingdom'.  Mankind is different.  We exhibit an awareness of self.  That self realizes itself mostly as Ego.  As such, the 'gods' of prophets, ancient and dead, such as Moses, Abraham and Mohammed gave their 'god' Human Like qualities...anger, jealousy, etc.
God was invented by the mind of man and  is not logical.
That being said...I have no qualms whatsoever with those who strongly believe in God...even those who do have qualms with those who do not.

Edited by joc, 02 January 2013 - 12:26 AM.

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#153    Sean93

Sean93

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

• WRATH

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:12 AM

View Postjoc, on 02 January 2013 - 12:25 AM, said:

The strong over the weak applies only to the 'animal kingdom'.  Mankind is different.  We exhibit an awareness of self.  That self realizes itself mostly as Ego.  As such, the 'gods' of prophets, ancient and dead, such as Moses, Abraham and Mohammed gave their 'god' Human Like qualities...anger, jealousy, etc.
God was invented by the mind of man and  is not logical.
That being said...I have no qualms whatsoever with those who strongly believe in God...even those who do have qualms with those who do not.

That's actually quite a good point. They say art imitates life and literature is considered by many as art; the bible is literature.

Of course prepare yourself for the debate to take this form: "God expresses himself in ways of human emotion and behavioral characteristics because our minds cannot comprehend God and his being and so he had to tone himself down for us in a way that we could understand.

Something there and about's.

Edited by Sean93, 02 January 2013 - 01:14 AM.

"Regarding life, the wisest men of all ages have judged it alike: It is worthless."

"Be peaceful, be courteous, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery."

#154    AquilaChrysaetos

AquilaChrysaetos

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

• "Some people wish to be the sun, so they can brighten your day. I wish to be the moon, which shines down upon you in your darkest hour."

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:24 AM

Actually I disagree. Jesus Christ didn't exhibit normal human reactions to things. Turn the other cheek, love every human being despite their wrongs, be willing to die for the unbeliever as opposed to the believer, etc etc.. These aren't human traits. No normal rational human would do this, it goes against our genetics and instinct. I personally find this all as more than enough evidence for the divine, yet of course there will be those that disagree.

"All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

Posted Image

#155    Mystic Crusader

Mystic Crusader

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

• "What would you rather be, a bus driver, or a super terrorist?"

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:28 AM

View PostAquilaChrysaetos, on 02 January 2013 - 01:24 AM, said:

Actually I disagree. Jesus Christ didn't exhibit normal human reactions to things. Turn the other cheek, love every human being despite their wrongs, be willing to die for the unbeliever as opposed to the believer, etc etc.. These aren't human traits. No normal rational human would do this, it goes against our genetics and instinct. I personally find this all as more than enough evidence for the divine, yet of course there will be those that disagree.

Are you sure that with some of the other things he said like I have not come to bring peace but division and I have come to turn son against father, and let them deny themselves and take up their cross statements isn't just an incredibly vain attempt at revenge for rejecting and crucifying him???

That is what I think of it.

Edited by HavocWing, 02 January 2013 - 01:30 AM.

Drunk with blood..
Danger cult leaders
Jewish gematria # 1162:
Who is like God
The epitome of evil

#156    AquilaChrysaetos

AquilaChrysaetos

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:37 AM

View PostHavocWing, on 02 January 2013 - 01:28 AM, said:

Are you sure that with some of the other things he said like I have not come to bring peace but division and I have come to turn son against father, and let them deny themselves and take up their cross statements isn't just an incredibly vain attempt at revenge for rejecting and crucifying him???

Are you yourself admitting his divine insight? Other words your statement makes no sense. How could he take revenge against an event that was yet to have taken place?

Posted Image

#157    Mystic Crusader

Mystic Crusader

Psychic Spy

• 2,012 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:41 AM

View PostAquilaChrysaetos, on 02 January 2013 - 01:37 AM, said:

Are you yourself admitting his divine insight? Other words your statement makes no sense. How could he take revenge against an event that was yet to have taken place?

What?  Was he not crucified??  Was he not rejected by his own (the cult of the nazarene)?

Edited by HavocWing, 02 January 2013 - 01:42 AM.

Drunk with blood..
Danger cult leaders
Jewish gematria # 1162:
Who is like God
The epitome of evil

#158    AquilaChrysaetos

AquilaChrysaetos

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:51 AM

View PostHavocWing, on 02 January 2013 - 01:41 AM, said:

What?  Was he not crucified??  Was he not rejected by his own (the cult of the nazarene)?

You're missing my point entirely. You seem to be admitting that Jesus forknew his own crucifiction and rejection of the Jews. Otherwise he couldn't possibly have taken revenge against it by making such statements. Therefore exactly what point are you trying to get at?

By the way, he was rejected by the Jews, who were not a cult. By "cult of the nazarene" I assume you mean of Jesus, and therefore you contradict yourself again because his followers didn't reject him, the jews did.

Posted Image

#159    Mystic Crusader

Mystic Crusader

Psychic Spy

• 2,012 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:09 AM

View PostAquilaChrysaetos, on 02 January 2013 - 01:51 AM, said:

You're missing my point entirely. You seem to be admitting that Jesus forknew his own crucifiction and rejection of the Jews. Otherwise he couldn't possibly have taken revenge against it by making such statements. Therefore exactly what point are you trying to get at?

By the way, he was rejected by the Jews, who were not a cult. By "cult of the nazarene" I assume you mean of Jesus, and therefore you contradict yourself again because his followers didn't reject him, the jews did.

You're missing my point, he is like one of those mad people who gets fired from his job and then goes back to it and shoots everyone there and then lights the place on fire.

Drunk with blood..
Danger cult leaders
Jewish gematria # 1162:
Who is like God
The epitome of evil

#160    dreamgoddess2011

dreamgoddess2011

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 26 posts

• There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness.
    Dalai Lama

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:57 AM

It's not "God" doing that. people abuse authority/religion. If there was no "God" those same people would find a different way to bend the will of others to get what they want.

There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness.
Dalai Lama

#161    joc

joc

• 12,671 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:44 AM

View PostHavocWing, on 02 January 2013 - 02:09 AM, said:

You're missing my point, he is like one of those mad people who gets fired from his job and then goes back to it and shoots everyone there and then lights the place on fire.
It seems you don't really have a clue what you are talking about...but that is okay..most Christians don't either.  99.9% of all Christians think the most important thing is to believe that Jesus was born of a virgin, and came back to life three days after he was very, very dead.  The teachings of Jesus and his character, for the most part, fall by the wayside.  If you actually knew the character of Jesus, you would never analogize him in the way you did.  But, in order to know his character, you have to study the life of Jesus, which means, reading the books.  You know, the one's the apostles wrote.

Posted Image

ReverbNation

#162    Mystic Crusader

Mystic Crusader

Psychic Spy

• 2,012 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:54 AM

View Postjoc, on 02 January 2013 - 03:44 AM, said:

It seems you don't really have a clue what you are talking about...but that is okay..most Christians don't either.  99.9% of all Christians think the most important thing is to believe that Jesus was born of a virgin, and came back to life three days after he was very, very dead.  The teachings of Jesus and his character, for the most part, fall by the wayside.  If you actually knew the character of Jesus, you would never analogize him in the way you did.  But, in order to know his character, you have to study the life of Jesus, which means, reading the books.  You know, the one's the apostles wrote.

I have read them.  I know what I am talking about.

Drunk with blood..
Danger cult leaders
Jewish gematria # 1162:
Who is like God
The epitome of evil

#163    joc

joc

• 12,671 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:02 AM

The vast majority of Christians have read the scriptures...they read them every Sunday...but reading the scriptures is by no means the same thing as studying the character of Jesus...that...is what I am talking about.

Your former post:

You think that because you do not know the character of Jesus.  That is all I'm saying.

Posted Image

ReverbNation

#164    Mystic Crusader

Mystic Crusader

Psychic Spy

• 2,012 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:05 AM

View Postjoc, on 02 January 2013 - 04:02 AM, said:

The vast majority of Christians have read the scriptures...they read them every Sunday...but reading the scriptures is by no means the same thing as studying the character of Jesus...that...is what I am talking about.

Your former post:

You think that because you do not know the character of Jesus.  That is all I'm saying.

His character is portrayed in the bible.  There is even a verse in the bible that says most people thought "he is raving mad and hath a devil, why ye hear him?"

John 10:20

Edited by HavocWing, 02 January 2013 - 04:06 AM.

Drunk with blood..
Danger cult leaders
Jewish gematria # 1162:
Who is like God
The epitome of evil

#165    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:11 AM

View PostAquilaChrysaetos, on 01 January 2013 - 11:54 PM, said:

I'm simply following Jesus Christ, who essentially is God in human form. It's all on paper. Simply comes down to whether you believe him or not. It isn't from my head like your's are.

Thank you for validating my point on true egotism.

I thought Jesus Christ was the son of man, or was he the only begotten Son of God?  And if he is "god" in human form who is he talking to when he prayed?  Also, why did "God in human form" need to be challenged by the devil when we went into the desert?  I would think the creator of the world be beyond that.

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users