Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Star Trek Thread

Talon

Does anyone want to talk Star Trek?

I saw the last Enterprise episode the other day and it was awful. Riker and Troy totally destroyed the atmosphere of the show. It was like they were trying to make a episode of The Next Generation rather than the end of last episode of Enterprise.

This ep should have been out the birth of the Federation, not Riker visiting the holodeck.

Other than that I don't get why so many Trekkie's hated Enterprise, I think it was one of the better series. Although Archer's acting was so bad half the time hmm.gif

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Talon

• Paranoid Android

• Boff

• TooFarGone

I couldn't even give Enterprise a second glance. It just didn't have a Star Trek feel, and that awful awful intro made me have to turn over everytime i tried to get into it. tongue.gif

I've been watching the entire Next Gen series from being to end recently. I never really got into it before the last few months. I was always a Voyager fan and even Deep Space Nine to a point, but not Next Gen so i'm happy to finally be getting into it. Today was an excellent episode in which The Enterprise C was warped 22 years into the future by a freak accident the moment it should have been destroyed by a Romulan attack while defending a Klingon outpost.

It was neat because since the Enterprise was not destoryed, history was altered and the Federation was actually losing a war against the Klingons in this new future. In the end the Enterprise C returned to its own time so that history would be restored.

Yeah seen that episode.

I liked NG, but not so much the first few series, they felt really cheesy, like the original but with better special effects.

Voyger was veryy good, but I hated how they made the Borg look totally weak. I know they tried to beef them up again at the end by saying they let Voyger win all those battles, but the damage had already been done, we'd seen 1 Entrepid class ship wipe out Borg cube after Borg cube. So much for needing a fleet to destory them.

DS9 was the best. Not only was Sisko an utter bad-a$$ captain, I loved how the Dominion War became almost serialised at the end. It was great, and the dominion was a fantastic enemy.

Enterprise I liked, I admit it doesn't feel to trekkie. But I had barely seen any of it until I picked up series 1 on DVD, and I loved it. It was novel to see them without or even in awe of technology the other series took for granted.

I hope in time Paramount decide to make another series. Probably best to go back to one based in the original timeline, after DS9 and Voyger.

Edited by Talon

I agree. It would be nice.

I never unfortunately got to see much DS9. I was only really starting to get a feel for it before repeats were pulled in full. Now i'm luck to get to see an episode of Voyager, but i've seen them all anyway, and Next Gen is on ALL the time. laugh.gif

I know what you mean with Voyager making the Borg look weak. But on that note, by the end of the series Voyager was just simply completely untouchable by the feel of it, i meanno matter what happened it was always so 'oh, well that's lucky' or 'gee they're so powerful they can do anything!' still, i connected better with the Voyager characters than any other.

What would be really cool is if they picked up Next gen for another season. They had the whole crew together for Nemesis and that was what, 2 or 3 years ago that came out? Good movie too.

I've always been a wavering trekkie. I used to be very hardcore into it, then just kinda lost intrest for a long time. But just this week I've been getting really back into it. Mostly been watching TNG and Voyager (because thats all thats really on, well, and TOS, but I really dont enjoy many episodes).

I have to agree I really dont like the first few seasons of TNG, I really only can get into it until after they had changed their uniforms, I dont know why. Still, its my favourite series! original.gif. So many good episodes. Like Hugh Borg, the ones with Lore and of course my two person favourites, The Best of Both Worlds 1 and 2.

DS9 was always my parents favourite, and I really love it as well, espically the Dominion wars, they were just awsome. It was so cool to see those fleats of Klingon and Federation starships against the Dominion. To cool!

And Voyager was always great as well. I loved any episode with the Hirogen in it. I think they are just to damn cool. I really love that episode when they managed to take over Voyager and had the crew constantly in the Holodecks (mainly loved the WW2 theme they had going). And of course all the stuff with species 8472 and the Borg.

I really did try to get into Enterprise...but I couldnt. I just couldnt do it. *yawn*

Then of course they have all the movies, and I love basically all of them. Minus the Star Trek the Motion Picture, Star Trek the Search for Spock and Star Trek the Final Frontier (worst). I hope they make a few more movies, there is just so much that could be done.

Live long and prosper.

I never unfortunately got to see much DS9.

I've seen all of it barring 1 ep in season 5.

Seen all of Voyger that I know of.

Only seen half of NG.

Seen like 90% of Original

Only seen season 1 and about 10 eps from season the other seasons for Enterprise, but am really enjoying it.

What would be really cool is if they picked up Next gen for another season. They had the whole crew together for Nemesis and that was what, 2 or 3 years ago that came out? Good movie too.

Many of the actors are too big now to be interested in doing anything less than movies or guess appearances. I'd like to see a movie where Sisko comes back.

It would be interesting to see how the Dominion have changed in any future series, has lossing the war and merging with Odo resulted in any form of lessing their strangle hold on the Gamma Quandrant.

We still have the Belta Quandrant to Explore.

With Cardassa now a Federation ally we can even find out whats beyond their space. And now that the Dominion, the Borg, the Klingons, the Breen, the Romulans have all been sutibly passified, what new enemies will emerge?

A new series of trek would have so much new scope to movie in.

Oh and by the way, who are the tzenkethi? We know the Federation had fought a war with them only just before the Cardassian Border War, which in turned ended just before Next Generation stared. But who are they? I only remembed the mention of them being in DS9 when the Dominion tried sparking another war with them.

Edited by Talon

I couldn't say. As i said, i really didn't get to see much of DS9 at all, so actually alot of what you said is news to me. laugh.gif Evidently i have alot to watch before i get it all.

DS9 was always my parents favourite, and I really love it as well, espically the Dominion wars, they were just awsome. It was so cool to see those fleats of Klingon and Federation starships against the Dominion. To cool!

Aye, DS9 gave us all what we wanted to see. Fight scenes! w00t.gif

user posted image

I couldn't say. As i said, i really didn't get to see much of DS9 at all, so actually alot of what you said is news to me.  Evidently i have alot to watch before i get it all.

All you need to know was that Sisko was cool. And the Defiant owned the Dominion. thumbsup.gif

Oh man how I want to watch DS9 right now. Is it out on DVD?

Aye, its been out for years. I don't know the cost in Candian Dollars, but here it ranges from £40-74 here depending on the shop.

All of NG, DS9, Yoyger, Original are on DVD box sets.

Only season 1 and 2 of Enterprise are on DVD so far. Season 3 will be out next month.

Edited by Talon

Eeek thats a wee bit expenisve. I need a bloody job. Or maybe I will have to move out there..

I must admit after reading this thread I've started to go through my boxes of star trek stuff. So many things. Goodtimes..

So many things. Goodtimes..

Good times indeed, ahhhh the memories. original.gif Hard to beleive their was time when I'd never heard of Borg, or the Dominion. And the battle scenes in Sacrfice of Angels and What we leave Behind, those will be with me for the rest of my life. cool.gif

I have seen bits and pieces fo all shows..... I have seen all the movies (i think).... I just dont see them on TV often enough to really get into them.......

You should try watching them if you can't, they get really addictive if you see enough of them thumbsup.gif

I really like the Star wars movies they are really good. Do you like the new movie? I have seen it and think its full of excitment goes on for ever though but I enjoyed every minute of it.

wrighty this topic is not about Star Wars. Please remain on topic.

The next generation was the best of all Star Treks. I like the characters much better and my main man Sean Luke Picard. wub.gif

The next generation was the best of all Star Treks. I like the characters much better and my main man Sean Luke Picard. 

Nahhhh tongue.gif Sisko could have kicked Picard anyday of the week grin2.gif

Although I will agree that I think many of the NG crew were some of the most memorable. Data was one of the best characters in Star Trek. He stands slongside The Docter and Spock, as the most memberable characters.

Worf was also memberable, as was Leforge (because of the visor). Riker was also good. Although I hated Crusher, she was dull, as was Troy.

Voyger had less memberable characters, I think The Docter and 7of9 were the only two who really stand out. I mean, any self respecting trek fan can name the others and may have their favourites amongst the,, but they don't leap out as much as the mind as much.

DS9 was similar, Sisko was cool, Worf was cool, Weyon was fantastic. But it was more memberable for its plot than its characters.

And as for Enterprise, as much as I like it, none of its characters are pretty rememberable. huh.gif

I guess the ultimate in memberable will always be Kirk, Spoke, Scotty and Bones though. Simiply because they started it all. thumbsup.gif

Edited by Talon

I liked Spoke too with the mind melds.

But Data was awesome. I always liked The movie with the Borg. I can't remember the title yet it was an excellant film.

Your right about Troy she wasn't all that good. But Worf was a great character and when they use to fight before Klingons had intercourse was bizarre. blink.gif

You should try watching them if you can't, they get really addictive if you see enough of them

I wouldnt say its because I dont watch them, its more because they put them on at 11pm at night here, and change which particular show they want to show..... So one week its DS9 then next its voyager....

That in itself makes it hard to get into them, but I probably have watched quite a few episodes now that i think about it.......

Sean Luke Picard?

Patrick Stewart the man on my avatar. he was the captain on the Star Trek Enterprise. yes.gif

Wasnt it Jean Luke Picard? (or however it was spelled)

But Data was awesome. I always liked The movie with the Borg. I can't remember the title yet it was an excellant film.

ST8 First Contact.

Yeah, Data was hilarious in the movies. His 'lifeform' song was the best thing in ST7 Generations laugh.gif

Your right about Troy she wasn't all that good. But Worf was a great character and when they use to fight before Klingons had intercourse was bizarre.

I think Worf was better in DS9, probably cause it was war and it suited him huh.gif

I wouldnt say its because I dont watch them, its more because they put them on at 11pm at night here, and change which particular show they want to show..... So one week its DS9 then next its voyager....

Here they play DS9, Voyger and NG daily between 2 pm and 5 pm on Sky 1. Enterprise only plays in Tuesdays at 8 pm. The original series hasn't been on years, but when it was it was like 11 am wacko.gif

Sean Luke Picard?

He was the captain in NG