Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 6 votes

[Merged] Did we land on the moon?

nasa apollo hoax

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2593 replies to this topic

#1591    skyeagle409

skyeagle409

Forum Divinity

• 31,156 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:54 PM

View Postpallidin, on 14 January 2013 - 10:42 PM, said:

I wonder if it's possible to ship all the non-believer's to the moon... and leave them there. :w00t:
That'll convince them.

Oh, nevermind, what's the point, They will think that's staged too.

I concur!  They would simply say that NASA flew all of that hardware in recent weeks just for show.

KEEP YOUR MACH UP AND CHECK SIX

#1592    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 16,439 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:53 AM

As many who post in this thread were acquainted with MID, I feel the need to include a link to Waspie's thread here.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

Posted Image

#1593    BazBear

BazBear

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:30 AM

Hello all. I wasn't even aware of this forum, or MID, until I read a post about MID's passing over at the ApolloHoax forum. I've read a good portion of his posts in this thread, and can see this forum has lost a very valuable and knowledgable member. My condolences to all of you who considered him a friend.

#1594    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,831 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:24 PM

Thank you BazBEar ! Mid is now among the Greats Looking down at us from the Moon His fav place to talk about !
Hes in Great company also !

This is a Work in Progress!

#1595    Obviousman

Obviousman

Spaced out and plane crazy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,689 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:41 PM

I found this little gem. Right to the point.

#1596    Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf

Space Cadet

• 32,178 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:12 PM

View PostObviousman, on 19 January 2013 - 09:41 PM, said:

You beat me to it.

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-boggingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the street to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Posted Image
Click on button

#1597    skyeagle409

skyeagle409

Forum Divinity

• 31,156 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:07 AM

Great video!! :tu:

It would have been far easier to send a man to the moon than to fake a moon mission, and even easier to simply tell the American people we could not do it if we couldn't.

#1598    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 16,439 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:53 AM

Eventually everyone with first hand knowledge of Apollo is going to be gone. I'm wondering how this is going to affect the notion of hoaxing? Do historical events somehow become less 'real' with time despite there being overwhelming evidence of reality? This situation could apply to other important historical events as well...and it's very concerning IMO.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

Posted Image

#1599    skyeagle409

skyeagle409

Forum Divinity

• 31,156 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:39 PM

View PostLilly, on 21 January 2013 - 10:53 AM, said:

Eventually everyone with first hand knowledge of Apollo is going to be gone. I'm wondering how this is going to affect the notion of hoaxing? Do historical events somehow become less 'real' with time despite there being overwhelming evidence of reality? This situation could apply to other important historical events as well...and it's very concerning IMO.

I don't think that anything will change with the years because there will always be someone looking for something for the sake of creating a conspiracy.

#1600    Obviousman

Obviousman

Spaced out and plane crazy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,689 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:57 AM

Yes, 'first hand' knowledge will disappear but we live in the information age where so much of this has been documented. There have been interviews, biographies, autobigraphies, manual, notes, etc. We're lucky that these people have worked hard, not only during the project itself, but to ensure the records and legacies of Apollo remain intact.

#1601    Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf

Space Cadet

• 32,178 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:49 PM

View PostLilly, on 21 January 2013 - 10:53 AM, said:

Eventually everyone with first hand knowledge of Apollo is going to be gone. I'm wondering how this is going to affect the notion of hoaxing?
Whilst we will lose the first hand knowledge of Apollo we will gain the first hand knowledge of Orion.

The third flight of Orion is due to be the first manned mission. Known as Exploration Mission 2 (EM-2) it will take 4 astronauts on a mission to lunar orbit. They will spend 3-4 days orbiting the moon before returning home. This mission is due sometime between 2019-21

Whilst not a landing mission, the fact that it will return humans to the vicinity of the moon should demonstrate the lie that is favoured by the hoax believers, that it is impossible for humans to venture beyond the Van Allen belts.

The "true believers" of the Apollo Hoax theory will, of course, not accept this as any kind of evidence that Apollo wasn't hoaxed but will simply wheel out the excuses. I expect some of them to ignore the evidence in front of them and claim that Orion is faked too (despite this contradicting their own case that the Apollo hoax was successful because the number of people that knew was kept to a minimum). Another claim that I expect to see is, "well of course it proves nothing, they couldn't have done it in 1969 but now they have secret anti-radiation technology. Of course I can't prove this anti-radiation technology exists because it is secret". I'm sure they'll come up with other excuse too.

The fact is that nothing will convince the true-believers they are wrong, but Orion will make them look ridiculous to even more people.

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-boggingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the street to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Posted Image
Click on button

#1602    turbonium

turbonium

Government Agent

• 4,344 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:09 AM

Horrible video, actually.

He assumes there was lengthy continuous footage to support his case.

Why? Because NASA's report says so.

What a crock....

#1603    skyeagle409

skyeagle409

Forum Divinity

• 31,156 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:24 AM

View Postturbonium, on 26 January 2013 - 07:09 AM, said:

Horrible video, actually.

That video was right on the mark!! :yes: It was easier to fly a man to the moon than to hoax a moon landing in 1969.

#1604    turbonium

turbonium

Government Agent

• 4,344 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:42 AM

View Postpostbaguk, on 13 January 2013 - 04:08 PM, said:

Which is where he would need to be in order to reflect light off the rung and into the camera, since the rung by definition is roughly parallel to the ground!

But the failure of your argument goes even deeper, and it's due to the cylindrical nature of the rung. While you may be technically correct to state that not all of the astronaut is 'below' the rung (and I've shown above that it wouldn't even matter if you were right), you are talking about a plane that runs through the rung, parallel to the surface. But in terms of what is reflected into the camera, you need to consider the optical axis of the camera itself! And it's immediately obvious that the optical axis is nowhere near parallel. The reflecting rung is above the optical axis, the brightly lit astronaut is below it. Hence, the whole of the astronaut can be reflected off the cylindrical rung. Simple optical principles again. Draw a raytrace diagramme or do some experimenting if you're unsure.  

Would you really believe an experiment I did if you can't understand the simple principles I've outlined?

I understand it's your excuse to not conduct this experiment.

So if you could...have a go at it, please..

Also, do you have any other examples of this happening? There should be many, no?

#1605    skyeagle409

skyeagle409

Forum Divinity

• 31,156 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:46 AM

View Postturbonium, on 26 January 2013 - 07:42 AM, said:

I understand it's your excuse to not conduct this experiment.

That won't work because you have proven to us that you are not interested in facts and evidence. Your previous claims have been shot down by people using facts, evidence and the laws of physics.

Here is real evidence.

Posted Image

And, my current flying buddy flew the Apollo 14 astronauts back to Houston after their moon flight. On another note, my flying buddy received a special invitation to Washington D.C. recently and met with President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden this past Monday.

Edited by skyeagle409, 26 January 2013 - 07:52 AM.