Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man's Noisy Spider Battle Sparks Police Calls

Still Waters

A man's noisy attempts to kill a spider caused his neighbours to call the police, reporting a suspected violent domestic incident.

Officers in Sydney went to the address after numerous calls were made claiming a woman could be heard screaming hysterically and a man yelling "I'm going to kill you, you're dead. Die! Die!"

http://news.sky.com/...ks-police-calls

• Like 5

I laughed. I found the exchange between the person and the dispatcher funny. Omg.

• Like 1

A similar note. I had a giant spider that lived in the handle nook of my mailbox. Never noticed he'd staked claim until one day I had a ton of junk mail and had to dig it all out.

After our eyes met he knew I was going back to the house for insecticide.

Upon my return we stared each other down. The very second I sprayed the aerosol can he jumped right at me sending me into the street flapping my arms and screaming like a woman.

I stood for a moment, looked around to make sure no one saw that sorry display and watched that sob crawl into the grass.

• Like 5

Thanks for sharing that Kurzweil, reminds me to take some kinda net with balls attached to it just for this kinda thing, if I wanna banish the poor creature.

What a hero!! screaming like a woman and scared of spiders.....are spiders unusual down under?

This guy needs a Fosters beer.

• Like 1

Personally, I wouldn't hesitate to call in The Army if the spider was one of those huge Aussie freaks!

• Like 1

A poem:

Spider, spider on the wall,

Ain't you got no sense at all?

That wall's just been freshly plastered

Get off there you little...spider.

• Like 1

I don't like them spiders but when i see one i use piece of paper to get it out and find it good warm spot in my garden where spider can continue to live and catch as many bugs as it likes. Why should i kill it? Just to complain how the number of bugs has increased to alarming level :D

• Like 3

Only thing that came in mind while reading this was:

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by Bildr

Knowing the kind of spiders they have in Australia I would have been the one channeling my inner five year old. I would have been screaming and bawling for hours after the encounter. God bless that poor man. He should feel no shame. :P

• Like 1

Officers in Sydney went to the address after numerous calls were made claiming a woman could be heard screaming hysterically and a man yelling "I'm going to kill you, you're dead. Die! Die!"

Yeah, I could see where that might cause some concern... :w00t:

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 1

I don't like them spiders but when i see one i use piece of paper to get it out and find it good warm spot in my garden where spider can continue to live and catch as many bugs as it likes. Why should i kill it? Just to complain how the number of bugs has increased to alarming level :D

I scoop them up in a dustpan and set them outside. Spiders don't bother me, a friend of mine had a tarantula when I was younger and she was rather interesting.

• Like 1

I had a terrible battle with a spider once. We were fighting for ownership of the hallway outside my flat. In the end we had a tacit agreement to avoid each other as far as possible, we ended on barely speaking terms. Thankfully there were no injuries.

Edited by alibongo
  • Like 3

I hate to break it to you but most house spiders can't live outside.

• Like 1

I hate to break it to you but most house spiders can't live outside.

yeah, I heard this, but my theory is, once you take them outside to placate the arachnophobes inside, they will make their way back inside and be a bit more careful about showing themselves in the future. As most of us know, spiders are mainly harmless and rid us of more annoying pests.Like arachnaphobes.

Edited by alibongo
  • Like 2

I know and appreciate that some people are exceptionally apprehensive around spiders.

Most people seem to have their own set of fears regarding creatures, myself included.

Spiders are not a big fear for me. But other things are that might seem silly to other's.

"Daddy long-legs": I will actually go out-of-my way to avoid harming them in any way (I know that some we call daddy long-legs are not spiders at all) I have no fear of them, and will try to assist their travel if they are "in my way" so that I do not harm them. After all, they can co-exist quite peacefully with us humans, and they eat nasty bugs which could harm us.

"Black-widows and other similar dangerous spiders": Now those, if I know what they are, I will try to kill on-site.

"Those spiders that I don't know": That's a hard one, and generally a case-by-case thing with me. If they appear that they might be aggressive, I will try to nail them with hairspray from a distance (and then kill them), as some can actually jump on you if you are close enough. I'm sure I have killed many peaceful spiders simply because "I didn't know, and didn't want to take any chances"

• Like 2