Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The Magic Roundabout.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1    Kira

Kira

Government Agent

• 4,183 posts

• Sexiest,
    Prettiest,
    Bloodthirstiest,
    Elf Member of the
    Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps.

Thanks TO xx

Posted 16 March 2003 - 12:36 PM

ohmy.gif BBC Four to broadcast documentary about the cult series.

BBC Four's Time Shift series traces the story behind the hit animated series from the 60's The Magic Roundabout in a documentary to be broadcast this Sunday, 16th March.

From it's origins in a derelict house in France, where Serge Danot enlisted Ivor Wood to complete the adventures of Dougal, Florence and co, to the present day and the news of a feature film with the voices of Kylie Minogue, Tom Baker and Robbie Williams - the documentary should prove interesting viewing.

The Magic Roundabout features classic clips and interviews with programme makers Ivor Wood and Joy Whitby, plus Phyllida Law and Sophie Thompson, the wife and daughter of the show's British narrator, Eric Thompson.

Time Shift: The Magic Roundabout will be broadcast on BBC Four on Sunday 16th March at 8.30pm and 1am and Wednesday 19th March at 11pm.

Ahh now that will bring back memories smile.gif                                                  

We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.

#2    Druss

Druss

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,209 posts

• My tongue is firmly in my cheek

Posted 16 March 2003 - 02:48 PM

But do you remember Jasper Carrots song of the same name?

smile.gif                                                  

#3    Kira

Kira

Government Agent

• 4,183 posts

• Sexiest,
    Prettiest,
    Bloodthirstiest,
    Elf Member of the
    Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps.

Thanks TO xx

Posted 17 March 2003 - 04:34 PM

rolleyes.gif  biggrin.gif Oh yes Hun I DO laugh.gif  laugh.gif                                                  

We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.

#4    Halo_Jones

Halo_Jones

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,067 posts

• Thanks to Universal Absurdity and The Barman for my new Groovy Dynamite Diva.....See UA & thebarman's Animated Avatar Workshop

Posted 17 March 2003 - 05:38 PM

I used to have a "Dillon" doll  wub.gif
Ooh Ooh and a "Dougal" Mac complete with sowester style hat.
I looked sooo cute. biggrin.gif
I never liked Florence though, she always stopped Dougal from being naughty dry.gif
Bloomin dog, he'd do anything for a sugar lump! smile.gif
Thanks for the memories Celti. biggrin.gif                                                  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users