Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

What happens after death ?

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#31    John Weiss

John Weiss

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 36 posts

• I didn't believe in the afterlife, but have learned to mend my ways.

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:22 PM

Well, you're right! I guess it did change me in a few subtle ways. First of all, it made me believe that there is some sort of an existence after death. It changed me from an absolutely devout atheist to someone willing to believe in an overall creator. And it opened my eyes to some startling new biological science. Prior to my experiences, I thought that anyone who believed in anything paranormal was a raving lunatic.

As for the possibility that I made the whole thing up...... I can fully understand how ANYONE can feel that way! The entire book, every last word, is totally preposterous. Very often, I'm embarrassed that I published the damn thing. My wife and other members of my family were dead against it. They were, and still are, certain that people will think I'm a crazy liar who should be locked up somewhere.

#32    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,491 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:51 PM

All your family steal your stuff. :(

#33    AquilaChrysaetos

AquilaChrysaetos

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

• "Some people wish to be the sun, so they can brighten your day. I wish to be the moon, which shines down upon you in your darkest hour."

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:42 AM

View PostJohn Weiss, on 29 January 2013 - 03:22 PM, said:

Well, you're right! I guess it did change me in a few subtle ways. First of all, it made me believe that there is some sort of an existence after death. It changed me from an absolutely devout atheist to someone willing to believe in an overall creator. And it opened my eyes to some startling new biological science. Prior to my experiences, I thought that anyone who believed in anything paranormal was a raving lunatic.

As for the possibility that I made the whole thing up...... I can fully understand how ANYONE can feel that way! The entire book, every last word, is totally preposterous. Very often, I'm embarrassed that I published the damn thing. My wife and other members of my family were dead against it. They were, and still are, certain that people will think I'm a crazy liar who should be locked up somewhere.

I'm not saying you didn't experience the afterlife, I'm just not saying you did either. I know it's certainly possible, I just can't personally make my own decision on whether to believe you or not simply due to the fact that I haven't read it. I'd like to actually, just living paycheck to paycheck atm and most money would be best spent on more (no offense) productive things such as bills. Not to mention that there are a few questionable things you've expressed here; such as sexual identity in the afterlife, the only existing evil being humans, and who knows what you have to say about Jesus Christ.

I don't know, there's no real way for me to know whether you're right or not, but I'm generally open minded and am willing to consider it a possibility for now.

Jesus Christ - Matthew 28:18-20 said:

"All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

Posted Image

#34    docyabut2

docyabut2

Government Agent

• 3,629 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:29 AM

I can believe you since my own minister who baptized me as a child and married me wrote a book, of how after he presided over this women funeral, he went out to cut the grass and she started talking to him in his mind of the other side. He had passed on and the night my Dad died, Dad said he was talking to him . I can`nt read small print any more eyes getting to bad, but would like to compare some notes,

Edited by docyabut2, 30 January 2013 - 04:34 AM.

#35    docyabut2

docyabut2

Government Agent

• 3,629 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:00 AM

To start off she was so excited to see a fly there, it was transparent and translucent from what she gather it is a existing prototype of the files we have on our planet,she says everything you have on your planet has its beinning here.She says she did not feel losing her human form.

#36    AquilaChrysaetos

AquilaChrysaetos

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

• "Some people wish to be the sun, so they can brighten your day. I wish to be the moon, which shines down upon you in your darkest hour."

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:07 AM

View Postdocyabut2, on 30 January 2013 - 05:00 AM, said:

To start off she was so excited to see a fly there, it was transparent and translucent from what she gather it is a existing prototype of the files we have on our planet,she says everything you have on your planet has its beinning here.She says she did not feel losing her human form.

So are you saying multiple people have had these experiences?

Sorry, know I'm supposed to read the books instead of talk. I'm generally intrigued on such topics. I just don't have enough money to buy a kindle, much less the book...

"All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

Posted Image

#37    AquilaChrysaetos

AquilaChrysaetos

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:08 AM

Woops, thought you were John Weiss... Damn I'm tired... :sleepy:  Brain fart...

Posted Image

#38    mom666

mom666

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:08 AM

Hi John, I just read your book and loved it.  I hope it's true.  I tried to tell my brother about it on a short trip we took, he was intriuged. We had both decided on who we would want to see for the next 150 years and who we would not. I just can't stop thinking about every experience you had and the questions you asked. I would of had a million questions. I look forward to leaving this life and starting one that has so many new possibilities, new ideas, new everything!  Out of all my "searching" I fell in love with this one. I will be in a "group" that studies life outside our solar system or whatever I want to learn, which will be everything, Once again, thank you for a beautiful story, and bringing hope to my life. A big hug and thank you to you, and Lyle, and of course, Betty.  Love, Rose

Edited by mom666, 30 January 2013 - 08:11 AM.

#39    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,167 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:11 AM

Weren't you the same guy who was just spamming the forums? Hard to believe you write for UM.

#40    John Weiss

John Weiss

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:03 PM

Rose: I am extremely happy that you liked my book! Bringing joy and hope to peoples' lives was one of my primary goals!

Am I a spammer? NO! But I am guilty of providing links to my book around three times in the forums. Somehow, I don't think I ruined any lives or broke any state or federal laws. If I had sent out hundreds of links then I would, indeed, be a spammer and subject to fines, imprisonment or banishment to a leper colony.

#41    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,167 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:13 PM

View PostJohn Weiss, on 30 January 2013 - 04:03 PM, said:

Am I a spammer? NO! But I am guilty of providing links to my book around three times in the forums. Somehow, I don't think I ruined any lives or broke any state or federal laws. If I had sent out hundreds of links then I would, indeed, be a spammer and subject to fines, imprisonment or banishment to a leper colony.
Who said you ruined any lives or broke laws?
Clearly your reading isn't as good as your writing, ofcourse I haven't read your book so maybe I'm wrong there too.

#42    docyabut2

docyabut2

Government Agent

• 3,629 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:40 PM

View PostAquilaChrysaetos, on 30 January 2013 - 05:07 AM, said:

So are you saying multiple people have had these experiences?

Sorry, know I'm supposed to read the books instead of talk. I'm generally intrigued on such topics. I just don't have enough money to buy a kindle, much less the book...

Yes let me explain :)I`m old and have read just about every life after death book there was.My eyes have gone bad and can`t read books that good anymore, Gee my PC is even on zoom:) well any how never quite believe in life after death until my own minister wrote a book and I still have a hard time believing.I was  just asking John Weiss  to give a few insights to his book here with out reading the book to compare what others have writtin about the so called after life.

Edited by docyabut2, 31 January 2013 - 12:43 PM.

#43    John Weiss

John Weiss

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:42 AM

Thanks for your comment. As a matter of fact, I'm planning on sharing many of my insights in an upcoming article instead of simply posting a reply. It'll be ready soon, so keep an eye out for it.

I'm looking forward to hearing what you and others think about all this!

John

#44    AquilaChrysaetos

AquilaChrysaetos

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:03 AM

View PostJohn Weiss, on 01 February 2013 - 12:42 AM, said:

Thanks for your comment. As a matter of fact, I'm planning on sharing many of my insights in an upcoming article instead of simply posting a reply. It'll be ready soon, so keep an eye out for it.

I'm looking forward to hearing what you and others think about all this!

John

What I'm most curious about is what Jesus Christ had to do with your experience...

Posted Image

#45    John Weiss

John Weiss

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:26 AM

Jesus played absolutely no role in my experience. But, given the nature of my experience, I had to ask about him. The answers I received were quite astounding and not at all what I expected. To faithfully relate everything I was told would require too much info for a posting. Therefore, I promise to write a separate article devoted to the Jesus subject in the near future. Be assured that what you'll learn will not change your belief system. It may, in fact, strengthen it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users