Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

UK woman finds scorpion in her bed

scorpian bed suitcase borneo vicky raitt

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 36,922 posts

• Que Sera, Sera - Whatever will be, will be..

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:37 PM

An Aberdeen woman woke up in bed to find a scorpion inches from her face.

Zoology student Vicky Raitt, 23, believes the Asian forest scorpion must travelled home in her suitcase after a recent trip to Borneo.

She contained the 3in long scorpion inside a plastic tub until the Scottish SPCA arrived.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...etland-23062776

Posted Image

#2    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 34,048 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:40 PM

Might be shocking in Britain, but in the 12 years I lived on a Greek island I found a scorpion in my bed twice.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#3    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,477 posts

• "I'm an optimistic, don't know." Onslow

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:01 PM

How fun!

Keep your eyes wide open and don't run!

P.S. Just to be clear, because sometimes I am not. I do not believe...
in the existence of a large previously unknown undiscovered hairy biped roaming North America.
But I like to hear the accounts, read the books, watch the shows, discuss and argue about the phenomenon.

#4    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:06 PM

I hate scorpions! They are freaky looking, and just downright unnatural....
:shudders:

#5    Yamato

Yamato

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,382 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:52 AM

I moved into my friend's upstairs apartment when she was moving out and I asked her if she ever found any scorpions in her place.  I lived in a downstairs unit at the time and I found several live ones but despite living there for years she said she never saw any.   The day I moved in I went into the bathroom and found the biggest one I've ever seen in the sink.   I was being followed; it was surely a conspiracy.   They have a remarkable ability to look dead.  Two of my friends and I were debating whether one we found was alive or dead.  One friend agreed with me it might be alive and not to touch it.  My other friend was convinced it was dead and made a move to handle it and I've never seen someone jump so fast when that thing suddenly snapped at him.  Granted, these were no bigger than a 50 cent piece; nowhere near as scary as that 3-inch monster.

This young lady reacted to finding the scorpion better than I would have just going by what she's saying.   A couple years ago g/f found a waterbug in her bedroom and I've never heard someone more terrified.   She sprayed a whole can of Raid at it and the floor all around it when it ran out of sight under furniture.  I didn't even know what a waterbug was so I asked her how big it was.  "It's as big as my hand!"   I didn't believe it until I came over and found it.   Biggest bug I've ever seen in my life.   2nd biggest was an eastern hercules beetle I found a few inches from my face when I was rolling in the grass as a boy.  3rd biggest if I don't count the tarantula in my HS Geology class.  ;)

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#6    Wickian

Wickian

Doppelganger

• 3,628 posts

• Save it for Queen Doppelpoppellus!

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:59 AM

The only critters I've woken up to find on my are spiders.  Unlike a scorpion, a spider inches from my face does not intimidate me.

#7    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 9,979 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:58 PM

Meh... I 've woken up with a scorpion, aquarian and capricorn all in the one big bed!

#8    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 27 June 2013 - 05:11 PM

View PostEldorado, on 27 June 2013 - 01:58 PM, said:

Meh... I 've woken up with a scorpion, aquarian and capricorn all in the one big bed!

Men... ;)

View PostYamato, on 27 June 2013 - 06:52 AM, said:

I moved into my friend's upstairs apartment when she was moving out and I asked her if she ever found any scorpions in her place.  I lived in a downstairs unit at the time and I found several live ones but despite living there for years she said she never saw any.   The day I moved in I went into the bathroom and found the biggest one I've ever seen in the sink.   I was being followed; it was surely a conspiracy.  

It is, I tell ya! :yes:
They seem to really like my husband... He's had them fall on him from the ceiling! 3 times last year! Gives me chills just to think about it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users