Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Cats see it.. Is there a presence?

mon63

Hello :-)

Would appreciate some insight as to our "feelings" vs "an actual spiritual presence".

We have always "felt" there has been a presence/s in our homes. In the past two, always surrounding the staircase. Commonly merely a sense but occasionally we view orbs.

I managed to accidently catch some orbs on video and am wondering if someone has the ability to pick up on who or what it may be.

We have three Devon Rex cats and they will be mesmerized, staring up the stairwell.

Here is the link to the short video:

https://t.co/NKtO0CqlyF

Thank you in anticipation :-)

Well, being that they are cats, it's entirely possible that they are just trolling you.

• Like 3

welcome to um, oit of curiousity how do you know that cats are seeing paranormal? right now, we can only speculate that they can since we can not mind read them. now cats do have heighten senses which mean they would hear a foreign sound or even a mouse. my dog can hear my wifes car three streets away before I could hear it and would stare at random spots and then freak out in excitement,

• Like 1

Absolutely Brian, their senses are heightened and yes they wait at the door lol.. Funny creatures.

It is merely an assumption really, as there is no definitive proof. Let's say I am open minded to the possibility. I am curious if our "feeling" there is something there could be "reality".

I can't get the link to work.

I have 5 cats and I don't think they have any sense much less a heightened one. :w00t: They get the crazies and run through the house racing up furniture in the middle of the night like crazy people. I have a little Yorkshire Terrier too, but she just barks at what she hears. If she saw anything paranormal she'd try to eat it.

• Like 4

yes there is a presence and...and...it's right behind you! run now!! get out of there omg!!

• Like 3

The link took me to a facebook page where a short movie about bugs played, but it was too dark to see....

Well, being that they are cats, it's entirely possible that they are just trolling you.

Who's trolling who, pardon me on punctuation?

Come on then, turn it up!

Edited by nisi

Who's trolling who, pardon me on punctuation?

Come on then, turn it up!

Why are you side stepping the question, what are you mad about?

• Like 1

Maybe the cats are mesmerized by the dust particles you're mistaking for orbs?

Kidding killer, relax.

Seriously though, God only knows what cats or dogs for that matter can see with those powerful peepers of theirs?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The orbs are easily dismissed. Please don't bring them up again.

As for your "feelings", it might be just in your head. I had such feelings in other places before--all attributed to anything but supernatural. My Meniere's Disease doesn't help, either.

Cat's are wicked. Not necessarily evil, but they love what they do, and if it makes you uncomfortable, so much the better for them. In fact, two of ours are going crazy right now as I type.

Since none of us are you, and none of us are there, you need to do a lot of the legwork yourself. Investigate the place. Come up with something physical and real and that can't actually be explained or debunked. The video you posted shows nothing unusual, sorry. And don't bring up orbs ever again.

• Like 2

The orbs are easily dismissed. Please don't bring them up again.

And don't bring up orbs ever again.

ORBS!!! :P

• Like 3

ORBS!!! :P

Arrggghh! Not again!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Some houses I've had the pleasure of staying at had the electricity meters under the stairs.

Some houses I've had the pleasure of staying at had the electricity meters under the stairs.

Wow cool. Some houses I've lived at had doors.

• Like 1

Wow cool. Some houses I've lived at had doors.

i have running water here.

Both hot and cold, aw yeah! Livin' the good life.

• Like 2

Ha ha, what I was getting at was, if tiddles is freaking out on the stairs, then could there be a EMF coming from a dodgy meter?

But i still don't know, how you know, your cat is seeing something. Did it purr Morse code?

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Some funny and interesting things I have heard about cats over the years:

There is no record of domesticated cats at all, until ancient Egypt. The Egyptians called cats "gifts from the Gods". They treated cats like royalty. Even holding 3 day long funerals for cats when they died.

Early Puritan settlers in America, considered cats to be a lesser form of a demon, And they would kill cats on sight.

Apparently, if you shave a cat's face, and hold back it's ears so they do not stick up. If you describe the cat's face to a person that draws or sketches what you are describing to them. Supposedly, the person sketching will draw the classic "alien grey" head with the almond eyes, small mouth and tiny nostrils. I have never tried this, so I do not know if it works or not...

The pet shop down the street from me, refuses to sell black cats around the time Halloween approaches. I asked them why and they said black cats are sacrificed in ceremonies around that time of year. The old lady could tell that I did not believe this to be true. She looked at me and said "you would be SHOCKED how much it happens around here" I do not know what evidence she had to support this claim, but she seemed very serious....

I love cats. I own 1, and I am trying to adopt another that lives somewhere around the side of my house. I love cats, but they can definitely be weird at times.

Sometimes I will see movement out of the corner of my eye for no reason. When I focus on where the movement came from, there is never anything there. So I just wrote these moments off as "tricks of the mind". But then I noticed that my cat, with no prompting or cue from me, would also turn it's head and react to these "movements". In fact, the cat often reacts to them before I do. Just weird..... :cat: