Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Please could someone help me understand?

GhostMaestro

Hi Guys,

I'm a newbie, and this is quite difficult for me. I have only recently come to the online paranormal community to seek some guidance, and a level of understanding for the things Ive seen, and the experiences that have happened throughout my life. There are many - but for this post, I want to stick to these two particular.

First of all, let me say that most of my life I've not been a believer in anything paranormal what so ever, more so I have tried not to be. I have tried my hardest to suppress any thoughts, ideas and experiences (which for me there have been quite a few) again just to feel sane, and try to live normally like everyone else. I think more than anything I have been afraid of it, but as Im getting older Im becoming more accepting, and the feeling of fear is being switched with that of intrigue. So, here's were it all began.

Everything 'a bit weird' as I like to call it, began after I had an experience in my childhood home around 13/14. Now this experience is not negative in any way, I wasnt contacted by a spirit (to my knowledge) or anything of the sort. Basically, My mum was talking religious things with my dad, my dad was never a fan of it, neither was I no matter how much my mother forced it on me. But I was watching tv, when suddenly, the only way i can describe it is everything began to go very white. I have never felt a feeling so great, so strong, or with such adrenaline. My whole family in the living area simply faded away into the whiteness, and then like nothing i was back in the room with everyone, and my mum said i must have been day dreaming about something very good given the stupidly happy smile i had on my face. Anyone possibly know what this could be?

Basically since then, numerous things have happened, that when i think about do bother me, but I learned to push these thoughts away which made life a lot easier. When i did decide to think on it, and open my mind up everything always becomes very overwhelming and overbearing, very quickly. No matter how hard Ive tried to shut down these thoughts, I've still had so many experiences, and they will happen frequently. Feelings, senses, things I can sometimes see, or have seen. Its happening far too much for me to keep under control as i once used to be able too. Im only just coming to terms with the fact I believe now, and thats these experiences are in fact paranormal.

There's this one re-occuring experience, that hadn't happened for a while actually. But it happened yesterday, and has prompted me to finally get all of this off my chest.

Basically sometimes when i look at some people, and its very rare, but their faces change in front of me. Its literally a two second experience. Now its happened numerous times throughout my life, and its never been the same person twice. When it happens, I cant see what the face changes too, but whatever it is its dark, and blurry and i always pick up on white eyes. Now whenever i have witnessed this, the person whos face changes, is completely oblivious to me seeing it. Until yesterday.

I saw him, and his face change as we walked past each other in broad daylight. I looked back at him for a second (wondering did that really just happen again after all this time?) and as i did so this guy was looking back at me. Now I'd understand he could have been looking back at me because i was looking at him and he thought wtf. But it was like he knew I'd seen him/it, and we were both in acknowledgement of what just happened. Except I know nothing of what just happened, what I had seen, or what he was.

It struck fear right through my core, I got the feeling he enjoyed the predicament I'd found myself in, he liked that i could do nothing and was afraid. I picked up on all of this simply by looking back at him, and he at me. He continued to look back at me from some distance, before finally turning down a street and he was no longer in view.

Im just a regular guy, who isnt very knowledgeable with this type of thing. Im looking to learn, and gain some level of understanding. Im tired of being afraid of this stuff, pretending it didnt happen and that its just my imagination. I was fine if Im honest, but this feeling of acknowledgement is eating away at me. Anyway I'll throw it over to you guys...You'll be a lot more informed and could shed some light.

I've tried to be a little more detailed as Ive had no responses to this query yet on any other similar sites.

Any help, suggestions or insight into what these two could possibly be, why these things might be happening, would be seriously appreciated. I just hope its nothing too dark, or that simply put, I'm bonkers.

Thanks for reading such a lengthy post!

• Like 1

I don't think your bonkers but I have no idea why you are doing this or if its paranormal or medical. I do believe in the paranormal, I have seen a ghost before, picked up on what people were thinking and had visions of the future, premonitions if you will, but nothing like you have described. Also when things happen to me, they just happen, I really don't seem to have any control over it nor do I understand it.

I was wondering what did he look like when his face changed? Did he still look human?

• Like 1

Hello!

Thank you for your reply! I'm just doing this because I don't have anyone I can talk to it about, and felt it about time this needed to be said.

The weird thing about my experience at home, is i remember the feeling, i remember the bright white, but then it was so sudden i was back in the room. I have often thought this could have been medical, some kind of seizure or something along them lines. But the feeling of adrenaline, feeling so great and so happy, when i was back in the room i still felt that way. I only remember fading into the whiteness also, and everything else fading out, and then being back and my mum asking what i was smiling at. Nothing in between, or what happened in the whiteness. If that makes sense?

As for the guy, no he didn't look human, but its not something I would associate with any perceptions of the paranormal i may have picked up in movies or whatever, which is why i dont think its my imagination running wild. The only way I can describe it is that its like a flicker, the face is dark/cloudy/blurry for this flicker. But as Im looking at the eyes, like i would with any person, the white of them stands out.

Its nothing grand with horns or red eyes or anything like that, if anything its a subtle flicker, that I happen to pick up on when I look at their face. This particular one bothers me however because i felt the acknowledgement on both ends this time.

Like i said I dont know much about this stuff, just kind of wanted to post anonymously and not have to worry about judgement from anyone I knew. Hopefully find someone that could relate. Or maybe know whats going on. Sorry Im going on a bit! But this has been internal for a long time!

Thanks again!

• Like 1

I have had several experiences similar to your face changing or flickering thing. It usually happens immediately preceeding a fight or flight response, and often fear or the desire to get away. I have read that this type of experience is often explained using the 'stare at your face too long in the mirror' or some similar trick of the mind. Can't be quite certain what it is at all, tbh.

Just a warning about this site. Don't pay attention to the trolls or feed into their bull****, they love to feed their egos.

It sounds like what you're experiencing is more in the visual sense. "Seeing" or clairvoyance is also known as clear sight. What sort of things were you suppressing? Some people are able to suppress their gifts quite effectively while others when they try drive themselves mad because they 1. believe they are crazy, 2 people call them crazy 3 don't understand what is happening. or all of the above. In the bigger picture many people are experiencing increased sensitivity in their gifts and thankfully many more people are accepting of these gifts and are not seeing them as a mental illness as many Western psychiatrists seem to. There are a few books that might help you to develop your gift. "The Psychic Workshop" by Kim Chestney is good. The blurry faces could be a few things from things I've heard and experienced. Some people have very negative entities attached to them, some to the point where the entity has more control than the person. Catholics would cal this possession, in Traditional Chinese Medicine the entities are called internal or external dragons. I personally feel them as opposed to seeing them. To me the entities, whether they are residing in someone or not, feel heavy, I might feel nauseated, or my body will start fight or flight. I see them as a shadowy blob that disappears when I look directly at it most of the time. Some are like bugs, parasites that feed off negative human emotions and try to keep their host in the negative mind state. Other entities are a little more powerful and can take possession or exert greater influence. Whether these examples are what you saw, I can't say. There is more out there than anyone can say with any certainty. Usually people with gifts start having more experiences in their late teens or early 20's if they haven't had them already as kids. Also, learn to protect yourself. People with gifts seem to draw entities to them sometimes. Keep the negative ones out and positive ones around. Ask your guides for help, we all have them.

I have heard of people that see people's faces smear or change in some way and later that person died.