Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Graph Suggests Iran Working on Bomb

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#46    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 5,968 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:05 PM

... there ya have it..    irrefutable proof.

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#47    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,775 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:11 AM

View Postlightly, on 02 December 2012 - 09:05 PM, said:

... there ya have it.. irrefutable proof.
Do you feel an Iranian bomb would be a threat at all to anyone?

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#48    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 5,968 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:34 PM

Certainly!   I think any Nuclear Bomb is an unacceptable threat to EVERYONE.    I was just making fun of the idea that a graph proves anything

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#49    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 12,689 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:01 AM

View Postand then, on 29 November 2012 - 11:34 PM, said:

How do you feel about the various interpretations of the Ezekiel 38/39 conflict?  Do you feel that this also is not prophecy, or perhaps Isaiah 17?  Just curious.  My belief in the prophetic nature of Psalm 83 is based on the need for Israel to be "at peace" when the Ez 38/39 event happens.  I readily admit that I am no scholar but this train of events seems the most logical to me.  I do not anticipate that end time events are going to be "magically" accomplished.  I think they will appear out of the dust and confusion of everyday conflict going on in front of our eyes.
I see no point in forming opinions about anything based on the words of people I have never met...especially those who were 'deemed' prophets by the people of their day.
The truth is plain to see...because one thing never changes...human nature...the size, shape, color, etc of humans changes but the human nature doesn't...it is just as evil and mean and wicked and jealous as it ever was....and when it doesn't get it's way...it becomes very, very, brutal.  That isn't the whole nature...but it is a definite and undeniable part of it...and so...

...history shows us what humans do...that in itself is why Iran should be not only taken very seriously, but should be ...uh...left without the ability whatsoever to ever make a nuclear device...
...not that that is going to happen it isn't ...they are going to make a bomb and they are going to destroy Israel with it....you don't need a prophet to see that!

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#50    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,775 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:42 AM

View Postjoc, on 18 December 2012 - 03:01 AM, said:

I see no point in forming opinions about anything based on the words of people I have never met...especially those who were 'deemed' prophets by the people of their day.
The truth is plain to see...because one thing never changes...human nature...the size, shape, color, etc of humans changes but the human nature doesn't...it is just as evil and mean and wicked and jealous as it ever was....and when it doesn't get it's way...it becomes very, very, brutal.  That isn't the whole nature...but it is a definite and undeniable part of it...and so...

...history shows us what humans do...that in itself is why Iran should be not only taken very seriously, but should be ...uh...left without the ability whatsoever to ever make a nuclear device...
...not that that is going to happen it isn't ...they are going to make a bomb and they are going to destroy Israel with it....you don't need a prophet to see that!
I agree with most of your assessment save two points.  They will have a bomb but no one will ever destroy Israel with it.  So says the prophet :)  And the point about human nature I know to be in error.  Because I have seen very many people who's natures have undergone miraculous changes after accepting Christ as their Lord.  But I won't trouble you with that since it doesn't seem to be important to you.  No harm, no foul....  And Merry Christmas!

#51    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 12,689 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:42 AM

View Postand then, on 18 December 2012 - 03:42 AM, said:

I agree with most of your assessment save two points.  They will have a bomb but no one will ever destroy Israel with it.  So says the prophet :)  And the point about human nature I know to be in error.  Because I have seen very many people who's natures have undergone miraculous changes after accepting Christ as their Lord.  But I won't trouble you with that since it doesn't seem to be important to you.  No harm, no foul....  And Merry Christmas!
Merry Christmas to you to :) ...and no, what a person believes one way or the other is not important to me.  I have zero desire to change anyone's beliefs.  But just a counter to your miraculous changes...I have seen that also...and I have seen people undergo miraculous changes that had nothing to do with Christ.  Peoples hearts can change...but that isn't human nature.  Human nature is as it has always been.   So, what will you do...just wondering...what will you think...what will you believe...if Israel is destroyed?  Isn't that the history of the Jews?  Kingdoms come and then bondage...then wandering...then more bondage...then kingdoms come...then...kingdoms stay?  No...that isn't it...oh yeah...kingdom's go and then bondage...

Edited by joc, 18 December 2012 - 04:43 AM.

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#52    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,775 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:39 AM

View Postjoc, on 18 December 2012 - 04:42 AM, said:

Merry Christmas to you to :) ...and no, what a person believes one way or the other is not important to me.  I have zero desire to change anyone's beliefs.  But just a counter to your miraculous changes...I have seen that also...and I have seen people undergo miraculous changes that had nothing to do with Christ.  Peoples hearts can change...but that isn't human nature.  Human nature is as it has always been.   So, what will you do...just wondering...what will you think...what will you believe...if Israel is destroyed?  Isn't that the history of the Jews?  Kingdoms come and then bondage...then wandering...then more bondage...then kingdoms come...then...kingdoms stay?  No...that isn't it...oh yeah...kingdom's go and then bondage...
This is a very good question Joc!  I have considered it at times myself.  I'm not sure how I would feel initially.  Very shocked and saddened to be sure, but also I would probably try to rationalize that I had somehow misunderstood the prophecies.  But truth is I think I would be devastated and might even call my faith in question if this actually happened. Some people believe that all they have that they can truly depend on is themselves, their ability to make an incoherent world livable through force of their own strength and intellect.  But I believe that while we are given strength and an intellect to find our way in life the ultimate security is in our faith in the Creator.  Everything else can be taken from us ultimately, you see?  Control over others or the circumstances of life - THAT is an illusion.  But I believe that if today I lost every thing and every one (God forbid) that is precious to me in this life, I would still have my faith and could slog along on that alone until my time came to follow them.  So you see, it would be a severe blow if I saw such a thing happen to Israel despite all that I have believed.  But I don't stay up nights worrying :)  I can see the news daily moving in the direction of fulfillment of prophecy.  Israel's enemies are calling for her destruction - even using the very words prophesied in Psalm 83.  "Let us take them away from being a nation - that the name of Israel be remembered no more".  Another prophecy concerning Israel is that a confederation of enemies will come against the nation in the last days from the "uttermost north" and will include the peoples who inhabit modern day Turkey and southern Russia. Persia (Iran) is mentioned as being part of this group.  I'm no history scholar but I don't recall ever hearing of an Iranian, Turkish, Russian alliance before.  But looking at today's headlines it doesn't seem far fetched at all.  So I wait and watch.  And if it turns out that I'm a quaint, misguided simpleton then at the least my life hasn't harmed others.  There's a lot to be said for that alone in this world today.  But I think I will witness many of the prophecies come to pass if I am spared to be here.  And while it will be a joy to be vindicated, I expect that joy to be tempered with sadness at the reality of what is coming on the earth in these days.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users