Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

My husband and I are done

moosehead

I will be leaving next wk. My husband and I have done nothing but fight since about 2 mts after our marriage. ALL OVER DOGS. MY DOGS. Have 3 and one is 20 yrs old and blind. Now I had 4 when we met. He does not want the dogs in the house. He should have mentioned that from the beginning. But he didn't and seemed all was well. I have always been an animal lover and I stood my ground. He should have been honest with me. I did give one away. And the 20 yr old will not be with me much longer. The other is an Australian Shep. I rescued her from euthanism. She had heart worm and only weighed 23 lbs. Her pic is on my profile.

I divorced my first husband back in the 80's and NEVER wanted to remarry. However, this happened to be a man I had actually went to school with. I left here and was gone for 33 yrs. When I returned we met up and then married.

I can see his point too but I am not willing to get rid of my dogs. He is not worth it. So...I have all my stuff packed and now am just waiting to leave after the Labor Day wkend. Do not want to travel moving then.

I thought this marriage would be for the rest of my life. But I have always said nothing lasts forever.

I hate it has come to this but during these 2 yrs I have also endured 3 surgeries. And he had one too. Things have been against us from the start. I think we could have maybe worked it out but we both are stubborn. This is his 4th marriage. Hmmmm. That should have been a red flag for me! And we rushed in to it too.

I will not miss the arguing or him. I have already gone thru the crying, being down all the time, etc. I am going back home and already have a job lined up so I will be ok. AND WILL HAVE MY DOGS HOWEVER AND WHENEVER I WANT THEM IN MY HOUSE. Never thought it would end this way but I have just had enough. Last night he said "I wish they would all die". He can be mean and I think 2 yrs is enough. Few more days and I will be gone out of this place and back home where I belong. I will be much happier. I don't think I have ever seen this man smile or laugh. You have to have some fun in life and show it. I'm just done. And now I wish I could leave before the holiday. But I just don't have things ready yet. Loose ends to tie up and all.

I know some of you will feel the same about animals as he does. But he actually shot my A Shep w a bb gun. Close range too. He is just mean sometimes. Oh well. Another chapter about to begin in my life. Thanks for letting me get this off my chest. I am northern bound.

• Like 6

Good luck to you....life's short enough without wasting time on people like him. He shot your dog with a BB gun? I'd have shot him back moments before leaving for good..

Good luck with the next chapter in your life :tu:

• Like 4

i agree with you, he sounds like an ass. he should of told u he didn't like dogs or want them in the house. cant believe he shot the dog with a bb gun, if i was next door i would of called rspca. hope you and your dogs have a happy life

• Like 7

That BB gun shooting is a serious red flag. There is no chance he is redeemable imo. He knew you had dogs and loved dogs when he "fell in love" with you - making that a bone of contention speaks to him wanting his "ideal" of a woman, not the woman you are specifically. I am usually one for keeping lovers together through thick and thin but like I said, he used a gun on something you love - don't look back.

• Like 8

That BB gun shooting is a serious red flag. There is no chance he is redeemable imo. He knew you had dogs and loved dogs when he "fell in love" with you - making that a bone of contention speaks to him wanting his "ideal" of a woman, not the woman you are specifically. I am usually one for keeping lovers together through thick and thin but like I said, he used a gun on something you love - don't look back.

This is my exact feelings. I'd put someone in hospital for doing that to any of my pets. That's animal abuse.

I hope you have a lovely life wihtout him, don't need *******s getting you down. :tsu:

• Like 7

Hey Moosehead,

i know where your coming from.my wife and i have rescued 4 abused animals over the last 18 years and we had our first two puppies for 16 years.they passed away 56 days apart.they were raised together since they were puppies and i think they wanted to be together in heaven.we have two more rescued dogs now and they are my kids.never give up your babies for anyone. god gave them to us to love and take care of and they give us unconditional love in return. good luck to you and let us know how things are coming along. :cat:

Edited by greywolf
  • Like 3

This is his 4th marriage. Hmmmm. That should have been a red flag for me! And we rushed in to it too.

It sounds like the marriage is broken beyond repair. Good luck with your new life. I couldn't handle someone who shot at dogs either. No justification for that one.

• Like 1

I'm sorry that you are so sad but maybe when you move you can put him behind you.

He should of said something before you married him about this, he knew you had the dogs. I can't believe he would stoop so low as to shoot your dog with a BB gun. I would of been afraid I would be next.

Being married 5 times is a lot and would make you wonder about someone. When you fall in love though we often don't see the down side of things too well. Its those darn love goggles.

I`ve had many dogs over much of my life, but there are health problems. I had one poodle that peed all over the place and made my daugther sick. I sold him at my garage sale, cage and all. Some people can`nt stand living with animals. man has fought for thousand of years to get away from the animal kingdom, now we bring the whole animal kingdom into the house:) If I were you I would consider cutting down or just spend the rest of your life alone only with only the animals.

I`ve had many dogs over much of my life, but there are health problems. I had one poodle that peed all over the place and made my daugther sick. I sold him at my garage sale, cage and all. Some people can`nt stand living with animals. man has fought for thousand of years to get away from the animal kingdom, now we bring the whole animal kingdom into the house:) If I were you I would consider cutting down or just spend the rest of your life alone only with only the animals.

I can see where you're coming from, health issues and all. But she (Moosehead) pretty much has a good excuse for leaving, specifically since the man shot one of the dogs with a BB gun without reasonable provocation. There really is no excuse for that.

• Like 1

Shooting a pet with a bb gun..?....hmmmm..sleeping with the fishes comes to mind for this gent..

• Like 8

Owning 9 dogs myself, I completely understand how you feel; they're always treated as family. I hope you have a great life ahead :tu:

Oh my goodness. Thank you all. I did not expect these responses. I was busy all day yesterday trying to tie up loose ends to be able to get out of here asap. These are the things I have told him. And if it wasn't the dogs it would be something else. I even spoke to his ex yesterday and told her I was leaving. She said, "he's mean isn't he?" She was right. I can't wait to get back home to Ia. I was raised here in W Tn but left when I was 17. Only came back to take care of a family member. Have been here about 7 yrs. This place is like quick sand> It is hard to get out especially if you dont' leave when you are young. I have always hated it here and missed Ia so much. But I put that aside when we married and dedicided my marriage was important. I'm sure I have my faults too but would never do a thing to hurt someone I love or try to keep them from what they love.

I feel so much better hearing this all from you and I thank you so much. Have tried to get out of here before the labor day wkend but don't think I will make it now til after the holiday. So I will be stuck with him for a few days. (He will be off work).

I have no more tears or sorrow. I am so ready to go. I have said that if I ever get out of here I will never come back. NEVER. My folks are buried here including my Dad who died when I was 8. My gparents raised me. Being alone I sunk into my animals. I think having something you can fight for is something everyone needs.

His farm is beautiful tho. About 30 acres and it is awesome. I will miss that. But, like usual I am starting a new chapter. And once again doing all by myself. I had thought we would be together the rest of our lives. Oh well. Didn't work.

The last thing now is getting movers. I have to decide whether to have people move me or rent a uhaul.

I also will leave early in the am. By the time he comes home I will probably be in Ia. So then we both will be happy.

I sat outside last nite looking at the moon and stars and one thing I had wanted was to be able to bury my oldest dog (20) here. It is so peaceful and all. But she never got to enjoy it being so old and blind.

I can't get over the responses. I thank you so much. Feel like someone is supporting me. Thanks so so much.

Take care and good luck for the future...for you and your little furry babies.. :)

• Like 5

Bless you Moosehead, so many of us are touched by your strength in these circumstances. I know you will find your "piece of peace" and happiness in your new life away from this nasty man.

• Like 9

Good Luck! :)

(Leave something "unpleasant" on his favourite chair with a note stuck on top saying, "This is for shooting my friend".)

• Like 9

All I can say is I wish you Good Luck in finding a new path in your life, moosehead. Divorce isn't easy and not a happy ending, but it's a way to end a bad marriage though and this is coming from a son of parents who divorced about 25 years ago, and my Dad divorced the 5th time (he's in his early 60s) while my Mom never remarried ever since. Divorce laws vary from state to state, because Cal.'s law for a divorce is harder than the time it takes to fill out a state-recognized marriage license...and Nevada's "quick divorce" law is an anecdote to lots of bad "quick marriages" are there to repair easy marital mistakes.

• Like 5

Thanks again. However this has not been a good day. I can't seem to get everything to come together to be able to leave. Movers won't get back to me. And I thought I had found a place up there but that fell thru. I have to keep trying but sometimes its so hard. I don't really have anyone to help me so doing this alone and from 500 miles away is not easy.

I dread this weekend. Will have to spend it with him and things are not good. Just sometimes seem everything is against me. But this isn't the first time and I'm sure it will work out somehow.

One of the things he hates is dog hair. So I thought about trimming my Australian Shep and leaving the hair in his bed. Ha. I thought this marriage would be for the rest of my life. Should have known. But he did lie to me about the dogs and about how many times he had been married. Now he doesn't want me anymore and I don't want him. What do you do? Sorry a bit down today but it has to get better right?? Thanks again. I look forward to reading the posts because I feel like I do have some support even tho I don't know you all. Thanks.

• Like 8

Shot your dog? Wow... what a complete ***hole...

I'd be happy to lend you the gallows in my avatar.

Take care of yourself and your dogs moosehead.

• Like 6

All of us do support you and if you ever want to talk just pm me and I will be there for you. Best wishes.

• Like 7

I'm sorry about your marriage-it sucks I know. Hope your life will only get better from here! It was for the best to leave him, he obviously has some issues and his next move would probably have been to harm you. Give your Shepherd-dog a big kiss from me!! :-*

• Like 2