Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Knowing the mind of God

Grandpa Greenman

And that there is the truth.

"Yes, time some people realised that some of us do not and will not believe in god! "

you mean this? you would make a good spin doctor, :tu:

Edited by freetoroam

But apes would not need proof of our existence.

As you say god predates humanity, does this mean that the dinosaurs could have been god worshippers too? at the end of the day, they were on this planet for a lot longer than we have been.

Maybe god made them first... boy, they must have really peed him off somehow! (rolling eyes, smilies has packed up) ooooh, spooky!

I believe you are not really serious about this conversation, but fair enough. I have the same knowlege of and proofs for god, that apes have of/ for me. God is as real and physical as I am or an ape is

But let us suppose that we uplifted apes and then left the planet as we evolved into different beings ourselves. Perhaps beings of pure consciousness perhaps another form of being able to manipulate matter and energy virtually at will, through remote technologies. The apes are left with only legends of us, and on occasion a contact with a being they dont even recognise as a material entity but capable of apparently miraculous feats.

i doubt that god is as old as the dinosurs in evolved terms. However god, or the race to which he belongs, has had time to spread throughout the local universe and establish a network of communication devices which allow the transfer of consciousness around the universe and its manipulation of matter and energy in our local area.

. So god is probably, given our own technological rate of progress, at least 100,000 years more evolved than us. God has been recognised by humans since neandertal and cromagnon times and we have been interacting with god since then. That also puts god's presence in the local universe at at least 50000 to perhaps 100000 years. These are obviously minimum estimates/extrapolations. more likely god evolved some millions of years ago or more and spread into this part of the universe and our galaxy as it and its race developed the ability to do so.

For all I know there are many gods around the universe, each respnsible for uplifting and safeguarding emergent sapient species in their sector, but if so, their consciousness is linked via the 'neural network' of the cosmic consciousness which allows us to travel to the centre of the universe or to any place within it and to link with other consciousnesses around the universe.

I believe you are not really serious about this conversation, but fair enough. I have the same knowlege of and proofs for god, that apes have of/ for me. God is as real and physical as I am or an ape is

But let us suppose that we uplifted apes and then left the planet as we evolved into different beings ourselves. Perhaps beings of pure consciousness perhaps another form of being able to manipulate matter and energy virtually at will, through remote technologies. The apes are left with only legends of us, and on occasion a contact with a being they dont even recognise as a material entity but capable of apparently miraculous feats.

i doubt that god is as old as the dinosurs in evolved terms. However god, or the race to which he belongs, has had time to spread throughout the local universe and establish a network of communication devices which allow the transfer of consciousness around the universe and its manipulation of matter and energy in our local area.

. So god is probably, given our own technological rate of progress, at least 100,000 years more evolved than us. God has been recognised by humans since neandertal and cromagnon times and we have been interacting with god since then. That also puts god's presence in the local universe at at least 50000 to perhaps 100000 years. These are obviously minimum estimates/extrapolations. more likely god evolved some millions of years ago or more and spread into this part of the universe and our galaxy as it and its race developed the ability to do so.

For all I know there are many gods around the universe, each respnsible for uplifting and safeguarding emergent sapient species in their sector, but if so, their consciousness is linked via the 'neural network' of the cosmic consciousness which allows us to travel to the centre of the universe or to any place within it and to link with other consciousnesses around the universe.

Would be awesome if god was an evolved human, what you said above puts me in mind A LOT of A Space oddessy; you know, the Firstborn, beings who started out as humans but evolved over time into beings without bodies - basically they have become non-corporeal entities and can manipukate the universe around them and appear to apes and Neandrathals in prehistoric times. Would be awesome if the god of the universe was like that.

the-ultimate-alien-artefac-are-the-monolith-from-aspace-Odyssey-2001-t.gif

Just as an insect cannot know the mind of an "Eistein" we cannot know the mind of God.

Best post i've seen so far!!
  • Like 2

Best post i've seen so far!!

I couldn't agree more

Mr Walker sir, i have only responded to this bit because the rest is pure hearsay. But please! how do you have the same knowledge and PROOF of god as apes have of us?? Apes see us, we see apes, apes feel us, we feel apes.......literally, if you can see and feel god literally, then you know something that the rest of the world do not!

I can show you a picture of an ape, can you show me one of god?

I can go up to an ape and look it in the eyes, can you do the same to god?

This is my serious side! :devil:

Yes but I prefer to see it as understanding the concept of God not as knowing the mind of God. If you believe in choice and free-will and look down on those who limit choices and take away free-will unjustly then you understand the concept of God. You don't even need to believe in him to understand the concept. I find that most good people understand the concept.

Mr Walker sir, i have only responded to this bit because the rest is pure hearsay. But please! how do you have the same knowledge and PROOF of god as apes have of us?? Apes see us, we see apes, apes feel us, we feel apes.......literally, if you can see and feel god literally, then you know something that the rest of the world do not!

Yes precisely. I See god, I feel god. I hear god. God touches me, hears me, responds to me, directs me, etc. Just like any other physical and independent entity. And god is self aware, self directed, with its own purposes.

God moves/ alters the natural environment around me, quite observably and with pre-expressed intent (ie he says he will do something then proceeds to do it) If i had a camera, and god let me, I could take a picture of one of the many avatars or physical manifestations of god as they appear to me or to other humans, because they are actual physical entities like you or me.

God is a physical entity, just of a different order or nature to us. None of this knowledge or experince is unique to me. I am not special. Far from it. I know many, many people personally, with the same experiences of god; and thus there are sure to be millions I do not know. God does not have eyes. Some of his manifestations or avatars do. One i met had the most beautiful eyes which matched the absolute handsomeness of his youngish male body and the armani suit he was wearing. All the nurses in the cardiac unit asked me who he was, but i didnt know him. He dematerialised on a fifth floor balcony of the hospital, after leaving me a bible.

Others are beings of light and energy. One i met, lit up hundreds of square yards/metres of night landscape, as light as noon. If he had eyes his presence was too bright to distinguish them, and almost blinding to look into. "He" was a "solid" pillar/column of light, over 2 metres tall and nearly a metre in diameter. "He" manifested, like someone appearing via a transmat beam, near midnight in my parent's front yard ,about a metre away from me and was seen by a number of witnesses because he lit up the whole front yard.

He spoke to me, tellng me what he was about to do, and then he removed my physical addiction to nicotine. After smoking over a packet a day for five years or more, i never touched another cigarette in my life, and i had no withdrawal symptoms, nor desire to smoke from that moment on.

Edited by Mr Walker

Yes precisely. I See god, I feel god. I hear god. God touches me, hears me, responds to me, directs me, etc. Just like any other physical and independent entity. And god is self aware, self directed, with its own purposes.

God moves/ alters the natural environment around me, quite observably and with pre-expressed intent (ie he says he will do something then proceeds to do it) If i had a camera, and god let me, I could take a picture of one of the many avatars or physical manifestations of god as they appear to me or to other humans, because they are actual physical entities like you or me.

God is a physical entity, just of a different order or nature to us. None of this knowledge or experince is unique to me. I am not special. Far from it. I know many, many people personally, with the same experiences of god; and thus there are sure to be millions I do not know. God does not have eyes. Some of his manifestations or avatars do. One i met had the most beautiful eyes which matched the absolute handsomeness of his youngish male body and the armani suit he was wearing. All the nurses in the cardiac unit asked me who he was, but i didnt know him. He dematerialised on a fifth floor balcony of the hospital, after leaving me a bible.

Others are beings of light and energy. One i met, lit up hundreds of square yards/metres of night landscape, as light as noon. If he had eyes his presence was too bright to distinguish them, and almost blinding to look into. "He" was a "solid" pillar/column of light, over 2 metres tall and nearly a metre in diameter. "He" manifested, like someone appearing via a transmat beam, near midnight in my parent's front yard ,about a metre away from me and was seen by a number of witnesses because he lit up the whole front yard.

He spoke to me, tellng me what he was about to do, and then he removed my physical addiction to nicotine. After smoking over a packet a day for five years or more, i never touched another cigarette in my life, and i had no withdrawal symptoms, nor desire to smoke from that moment on.

24-4.png?9d7bd4

132167628613.jpg

Madness aside. Why do you think this sexy Armani guy left you a bible out of all the religious texts in existence?

Edited by Sean93

24-4.png?9d7bd4

132167628613.jpg

Madness aside. Why do you think this sexy Armani guy left you a bible out of all the religious texts in existence?

By that time i had a long association with god (over 30 years) While god is unversal and not christian, I had chosen christianity as the most culturally appropriate form of connection to god in my society. (I could just as easilyy be a buddhist muslim jew or pagan in another society. ) Also god connects with approriate language and cultural relevance to every human. In this case the bible opened to a page and i put my finger on a verseon that page. The verse said approx. "Have no fear. No harm shall come to you, for I am with you." I dont know if any other religious text has such an apposite verse for a bloke facing a triple bypass in a six hour operation which the doctors warned I might not regain cosciousness from..

And as I've said before, I am certified sane. Can you say the same? :innocent:

• Like 1

24-4.png?9d7bd4

132167628613.jpg

This looks personal to me. Please keep it civil. I might not agree with Walker, but I do respect him.

I don't think we can know the mind of God or his nature fully. If you are a Christian, listening to Jesus' word is probably the closest you will get. If you believe God's spirit resides in us, then I suppose following your conscience is probably a very good indicator.

I agree in this SotS. I read the scriptures and understand that I may misunderstand meanings but if I trust in the teachings of Christ and listen to my conscience then it is the best I can do. I think we obtain a measure of peace in our lives when we are doing what is right in God's sight. We obviously aren't doing that if we are imposing harm on others.
  • Like 2

This looks personal to me. Please keep it civil. I might not agree with Walker, but I do respect him.

Then you've misinterpreted it. It's me having a laugh, I mean; that IS a crazy story, almost like a Japanese anime (Avatars, weird imagery such as an angel/avatar in suit - Trippy)

Besides, I don't know Mr Walker for it to be personal.

• Like 1

I couldn't agree with you more Darkwind.

Please follow Darkwind's sensible advice, no more insults or personal attacks please.

I have literally felt God and literally seen the workings of God. God is bigger than the box you are imagining him in. For me, and I would say for most people that have a relationship with God, knowing God is about being spiritually awakened, sometimes in unexplainable and phenomenal ways, sometimes in pure belief without all the fireworks, but then also is assigned a long term building up of 'getting to know him'. This is as simple as walking out your spirituality. God is not a MAN outside of us.... God is a being that incorporates all created beings and created things... God is the term put on this actuality, whether you acknowledge 'this' as what God is or not. Sometimes humans look at the same exact thing and see it differently. A lot of the time there is a refusal in a persons heart to even attempt to see it in another persons point of view - this is because of their own biases and preconceived notions. If you can respect that a multitude believe in something that they call God, can you not accept that God exists at least on this basis or would you continue to think that every believer is wasting their time? If that is what you think, I'm glad you are at least curious and doing some sort of research....

literally, if you can see and feel god literally, then you know something that the rest of the world do not!

many people in the world know God as literal.... and yes I mean in seeing and feeling (and sometimes hearing), but not in the same context that you speak of. I do see God when I look into another's eyes, even in the apes...

Edited by SpiritWriter
  • Like 1

"Yes, time some people realised that some of us do not and will not believe in god! "

you mean this? you would make a good spin doctor, :tu:

But can you realise that people who do believe in God need God in their lives... Or would you like it if they thought like you did? Not every believer in God cares what you believe, I would say most of them do not. The only ones who do, probably are your family members if you are going through a rough time that they think God could help you out with... other than that I doubt any single believer goes to bed at night saying "I sure wish Freetoroam would believe in God!" If a person talks about God in front of you, it is not because they want to offend you, or that they need you to believe like them, they are merely expressing their belief. I am glad you feel at liberty to express your own!

Because we are who we are, we are free to come to our own conclusions, but because we are all humans and come from the same place (ultimately) we do have similar tendencies and root needs. We are prone to many of the same things as well, but we have also been given a great diversity, our tastes, our dispositions, our experiences, our way of life, our struggles etc. and all of that adds up to where we are, why we are there and what we believe. Being open to spirituality or being opened up to spirituality is a natural evolutionary process, that is happening all the time whether we are aware of it or not. All you come across gets taken accounted for in the psyche, you internalize it and process it. That's what's beautiful about who I call 'god' - there is diversity in spirituality and we all add to this great equation of life....

The unfortunate parts of our psyche's are the parts that are unwilling to advance. These are the egos, the ones that say "I'm right and your wrong." This happens in religion but it also happens in every man - this is what leads to wars (aside from insanity, greed and the lust for power)

If I had a superpower that I could insert into any of my postings, it would be to pry away peoples biases and misunderstandings about 'religion', 'spirituality', (other head bumping topics that have their root in experience and culture) etc...., it would be to help others see each others point of view. I can't do that, but I see there are many conversations going on around here, and that's good. :) :) Conflict leads to growth and understanding when it is paired with an open mind and peacefulness! :)

Peace be blessed.

Edited by SpiritWriter

I couldn't agree with you more Darkwind.

Please follow Darkwind's sensible advice, no more insults or personal attacks please.

Personal attacks...? There's a difference bewteen a bit of a laugh and a personal attack. How can it be personal if I don't know Mr Walker?

Interpret it as you will, I don't give a **** either way! :su

I could easily interpret two people singling me out on a joke post as a personal attack... :tu: but I won't because I have a sense of humour and don't jump to conclusions. also, read below the picture I posted...you see that? That's a serious question I asked an Mr Walker answered. If Mr Walker was upset by my antics then surely he being over 30 years of age would have expressed his hurt/feelings but maybe he saw it for what it is, a joke, a tounge in cheek jabn and felt no need to overact.

Edited by Sean93

Personal attacks...? There's a difference bewteen a bit of a laugh and a personal attack. How can it be personal if I don't know Mr Walker?

Interpret it as you will, I don't give a **** either way! :su

I could easily interpret two people singling me out on a joke post as a personal attack... :tu: but I won't because I have a sense of humour and don't jump to conclusions. also, read below the picture I posted...you see that? That's a serious question I asked an Mr Walker answered. If Mr Walker was upset by my antics then surely he being over 30 years of age would have expressed his hurt/feelings but maybe he saw it for what it is, a joke, a tounge in cheek jabn and felt no need to overact.

As I said I am absolutely confident in my sanity and mental well being and have expert medical opinion to back that up. For that reason I can shrug off the comments of others and see their funny side. As you say, i am not personally offended, but i guess what others are concerned by is that I could have been, and another writer might have been, and that is why we need to be careful with our comments.

But just to let you know, I understand how someone without my personal experiences might think and speak. I was once like that my self. So personally you did not offend me. I do get disappointed when people, even understandably, refuse to accept the possibility of something, purely because it does not fall within their personal experiences. They don't have to believe, just suspend absolute disbelief. For example, I do not disbelieve people who tell me they have encountered ghosts poltergeists, alien, or other paranormal/unusual occurences. I will evaluate their credibilty logically and rationally

To me, it could potentially be amusing/laughable for another to be in such denial about something i know to be true and real, but i wouldnt say that to them without a lot of provocation, because I know why they think as they do. Rather i might feel a bit sorry for them but i wouldnt say that either. People have to discover their own truths and realities, otherwise they wont work for them.

Edited by Mr Walker

As I said I am absolutely confident in my sanity and mental well being and have expert medical opinion to back that up. For that reason I can shrug off the comments of others and see their funny side. As you say, i am not personally offended, but i guess what others are concerned by is that I could have been, and another writer might have been, and that is why we need to be careful with our comments.

But just to let you know, I understand how someone without my personal experiences might think and speak. I was once like that my self. So personally you did not offend me. I do get disappointed when people, even understandably, refuse to accept the possibility of something, purely because it does not fall within their personal experiences. They don't have to believe, just suspend absolute disbelief. For example, I do not disbelieve people who tell me they have encountered ghosts poltergeists, alien, or other paranormal/unusual occurences. I will evaluate their credibilty logically and rationally

To me, it could potentially be amusing/laughable for another to be in such denial about something i know to be true and real, but i wouldnt say that to them without a lot of provocation, because I know why they think as they do. Rather i might feel a bit sorry for them but i wouldnt say that either. People have to discover their own truths and realities, otherwise they wont work for them.

Oh I'm fully open to the fact that you believe in your experiences and for all I know you could be telling the truth but considering it's a personal thing of yours, your experiences and that; it's of no concern to me what you believe.

Though I wouldn't mind having a god talk to me and see his avatar's, that would be awesome.

• Like 1

Oh I'm fully open to the fact that you believe in your experiences and for all I know you could be telling the truth but considering it's a personal thing of yours, your experiences and that; it's of no concern to me what you believe.

Though I wouldn't mind having a god talk to me and see his avatar's, that would be awesome.

Like a lot of people you dont really get it because you haven't exerieced it. It has nothing to do with BELIEF. I don't believe my wife exists. I dont believe my dog exists. I dont believe the god i experience exists. They all offer the same empirical proofs to me for their existence, and so I KNOW all of them (and everything else in my material universe) has a real physical independent existence.

It is like a bloke who, on the night of a full moon, meets a little grey alien on a lonely track. The alien gives him knowledge, heals him of cancer, does a rectal probe, or gives him some concrete object, then hops into a classic '59 single seater flying saucer, with chrome fins and headlights, and shoots off, using inertialess drive, into the sky.

The bloke has no proof, no transferrable evidences, to prove his encounter, Even the object may prove nothing to a skeptic who did not witness the encounter. It is merely something unexplained. BUT that person who met the alien now KNOWS aliens exist. Belief and disbelief are no longer options to him.

PS and yes such encounters are truly Awe some. In reality they are terrifying, and adrenalin producing, especially the first one. It takes a quick and clear mind to mentally observe and record all the evidences and contextual relationships which prove the reailty of such an encounter. But it gets easier as the encounters become more common and familiar.

Edited by Mr Walker
  • Like 1

A room full of people can affect steel balls dropping down shoots.

Now imagine a universe full of sentience and thoughts where common thoughts are thought of.

The mind of God.

Must survive. Must make life better for myself. Must protect others like me to increase chances of my own survival.

Must make life better for the group. Must make life better for all living things to increase the survival of the group.

Must make life better for all.

The mind of chaos.

Must survive. Must make life better for myself. Nothing before or after me, nothing outside of myself matters.

Mr Walker this sound right to you? He means your name I'm just lazy.

He is exactly like me in this aspect even though I come off more like an atheist. We both know God(abet in a different way). He explains it on a spiritual level, I explain it on an intellectual level(No I am not slighting your intelligence at all we just express the same idea in a different way and we both got there on a different way because seriously my grammar and ramblings are horrible lol) He found it through the spirit then put logic to it, I found it through logic then put my conscience(spirit) to it.

Mr Walker this sound right to you? He means your name I'm just lazy.

He is exactly like me in this aspect even though I come off more like an atheist. We both know God(abet in a different way). He explains it on a spiritual level, I explain it on an intellectual level(No I am not slighting your intelligence at all we just express the same idea in a different way and we both got there on a different way because seriously my grammar and ramblings are horrible lol) He found it through the spirit then put logic to it, I found it through logic then put my conscience(spirit) to it.

Its hard enough explaining the process of my own evolving knowedge of god and my relationship with him, without being able to comprehend god, as sensed through the mind of another. :innocent: I dont fully comprehend how you explain your connection to god but i sort of see what you mean. You deduced the presence of god through observation and logic, and then knowing god was real via that process, voluntarily sought out the god you had reasoned must exist. Does that sound right?

i tis very hard to explain god and my relationship with god.

One analogy is this, One christmas eve a young feral cat came onto our farm verandah, close to starving to death.. I had a choice To shoot it and put it out of its misery, or to take it in, make it part of our family, desex it, feed it, protect it, and be responsible for it. Make sure it didnt go out at nght and didnt kill native birds and animals.

Once i decided on the latter course, a path of loyalty, honour, and commitment was set, which had to be adhered to just as i adhere to my marriage vows after 40 years. Today that cat is the oldest cat treated by our vet, and nearly 30 years old. it is still in good health active and a loved part of our family. It costs close to $3000 year to feed and care for it, partly because it is nowa fussy eater tha teats 4 small tins of food a day that cost about $2 a tin plus a sachet of meat plus some biscuits .

After god walked into my life, I underwent a similar process of choice and commitment, except i didnt have to desex god.

My relationship with cat and god is physical, spiritual, intellectual (ie chosen philosophically) loving, reciprocal and co- dependent. It is a voluntary relationship on both sides which either could choose to walk away from, but we don't because it offers practical and real benefits to both parties. There are costs and benefits involved, but the benefits far outweigh the costs. In part that is because certain spiritual /emotional benefits are priceless.

Edited by Mr Walker
  • Like 1

Actually yeah it does.