Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Boy Suspended for Pointing Pencil Like a Gun

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1    CRYSiiSx2

CRYSiiSx2

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:17 AM

A seven-year-old Virginia boy was suspended for pretending a pencil was a gun at his Suffolk school.
Christopher Marshall apologized for the incident, but the school has a zero tolerance policy when it comes to weapons or threats of weapons.

The boy's father is furious.

"Enough is enough. I mean, where will we draw the line?" said Paul Marshall. " I mean, a pencil. Was it sharpened? Was it not? Was it a No. 2? What's the big deal?"

I'm sick of complete stupid ass morons having authority.  This country is beyond repair...

http://www.nbcwashin...-206390721.html

Posted Image
NRA - PROTECT THE 2ND AMENDMENT
my twitter @sktm06

#2    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,148 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:26 AM

Stupid, are there any moderates out there anymore?  Do they have a brain?  Posted Image

It's like a witch hunt.

#3    spartan max2

spartan max2

Poltergeist

• 2,132 posts

• There's nothing so absurd that if you repeat it often enough

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:28 AM

For ****s sake.

" I imagine that the intellegent people are the ones so intellegent that they dont even need or want to look "intellegent" anymore".
Criss Jami

#4    Thanato

Thanato

Government Agent

• 4,044 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:38 AM

If my kid ever got suspended for that (You know when he goes to school) I'd go to school with him the next day to make sure he got an education. Kids have been making fake guns with there hands and sticks and what have you for centuries. Before that it was fake swords.

Seriously smarten the **** up and teach something... or stop being teachers.

"Your toast has been burnt, and no amount of scrapping will remove the black parts!" ~Caboose

"I will eat your unhappyness!" ~Caboose

"Freedom isn't bought in stores, it is bought on battlefields." ~Thanato

#5    CRYSiiSx2

CRYSiiSx2

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:48 AM

View PostThanato, on 16 May 2013 - 01:38 AM, said:

If my kid ever got suspended for that (You know when he goes to school) I'd go to school with him the next day to make sure he got an education. Kids have been making fake guns with there hands and sticks and what have you for centuries. Before that it was fake swords.

Seriously smarten the **** up and teach something... or stop being teachers.

It's getting out of hand.  I wish I was born a generation earlier.  My Uncle would bring his guns to shop class to customize his stocks and stuff.  Now you can't point a pencil?  Seems like the only state with common sense left is Texas, as far as I hear anyway.

Posted Image
my twitter @sktm06

#6    Drayno

Drayno

Reverend Dudemeister

• 3,651 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:53 AM

View PostCRYSiiSx2, on 16 May 2013 - 01:48 AM, said:

It's getting out of hand.  I wish I was born a generation earlier.  My Uncle would bring his guns to shop class to customize his stocks and stuff.  Now you can't point a pencil?  Seems like the only state with common sense left is Texas, as far as I hear anyway.

You seem to be hearing right.

Hey, don't like my opinions? I can respect that. Just realize guns allow you to have that opinion without being labeled as mentally insane for questioning the state.

Political abuse of psychiatry in the USSR: http://en.wikipedia....he_Soviet_Union

#7    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

Is not a number!

• 9,296 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 02:01 AM

wait ... you can do that now?
Awesome! :P
My school's got a rule "no guns or pretend guns". Perhaps the same is true for that school and it was the straw that broke the camel's back and he was a serial troublemaker.
Or it's the madness you all think it is.

#8    Mike D boy

Mike D boy

...from the Desert...

• 2,400 posts

• he's Native and Indio-geneous to the Americas.

Posted 16 May 2013 - 02:08 AM

From teachers, school administrators and lawyers came up with unfair and idiotic school rules my children will put up with. I remember in the 90s when in my high school classroom a teacher I knew of won't do anything if a student uses the middle finger or does the Hitler salute as a joke, both I find more obscene and offensive than pointing a finger (or in this case, a pencil) imitating a gun...especially from a 7-year old kid.

We do teach etiquette and tolerance in our schools, then again to point a finger or pencil resembling a gun today reminds us of school shootings like Columbine and Sandy Hook more recently, the child gets suspended or punished in ways to not make sense. The pencil to simulate a weapon is innocent "child's play" and shouldn't be taken too seriously in school.

Pointing a finger at people is rude for one thing, and startles people to feel intimidated or threatened. Do we teach a child who's age 7 they should be sent to the principal's office or sent home for that? NO...teachers ought to tell him "do not point your finger at people", simple as that, my own oldest of 2 of 3 kids are taught to not randomly point fingers at people.

Edited by Mike D boy, 16 May 2013 - 02:11 AM.

:innocent: The Truth is Out There - the X Files. :alien:

#9    CRYSiiSx2

CRYSiiSx2

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 02:27 AM

View PostSir Wearer of Hats, on 16 May 2013 - 02:01 AM, said:

wait ... you can do that now?
Awesome! :P
My school's got a rule "no guns or pretend guns". Perhaps the same is true for that school and it was the straw that broke the camel's back and he was a serial troublemaker.
Or it's the madness you all think it is.

I can't tell if you're serious or not.  If you are, I feel bad for you.

Posted Image
my twitter @sktm06

#10    DKO

DKO

Ω is Futile.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,826 posts

• When you hear hoofbeats behind you, don't expect to see a zebra - Unless you're in Africa...

Posted 16 May 2013 - 02:36 AM

Look out, the kid has an imagination.

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe it. - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Confucius Says:

Man who runs behind car gets exhausted.

Man who wants pretty nurse must be patient.

#11    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

Is not a number!

• 9,296 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 02:40 AM

View PostCRYSiiSx2, on 16 May 2013 - 02:27 AM, said:

I can't tell if you're serious or not.  If you are, I feel bad for you.
Poe's Law in action - I'm not serious about calling the idea of suspensions for pencil guns awesome, but I am serious about how my school does have a "no pretend gun" rule (although to my knowledge noone has been suspended for it, it's just a "litter duty" level offence) and how the pretend gun could have been the straw that broke the camel's back. Not enough information to make the call IMO.

#12    aztek

aztek

Alien Abducter

• 4,944 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 04:13 AM

schools are not dong anyone a favor.
a kid gets in trouble for pointing a finger, or "pretend gun"
than goes home turns tv on and sees guns, murders, violence, etc.
than plays x box or playstation, and games encourage him, to commit pretend violence,

in this whole picture, schools looks like boring institution with its own reality, counterproductive rules,  and completely ignoring reality outside its doors. . why would a kid want to go to such school?

RESIDENT TROLL.

#13    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

Is not a number!

• 9,296 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 04:28 AM

View Postaztek, on 16 May 2013 - 04:13 AM, said:

in this whole picture, schools looks like boring institution with its own reality, counterproductive rules,  and completely ignoring reality outside its doors. . why would a kid want to go to such school?
To get away from the cascade of violent imagery from the 6 o'clock horror show?
To learn?
To occupy their time while waiting to be old enough to be on the dole?
To become a lawyer or fireman or astronaut or whatever?

#14    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,564 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:59 AM

Good thing it didn't go off.

#15    through the fire

through the fire

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 201 posts

• "it's like boo!"

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:33 AM

Seems like there has been some serious brainwashing going on over the last 20 years or so to make everyone think guns are evil. The sad part is it has worked on a large percentage of society.

I remember when I was a kid we would all be running around the streets, park, gardens and school playground playing with realistic looking guns. Some were cap guns and some fired rubber or plastic bullets.

Then we get ridiculous laws about toy guns not being allowed to look realistic, not being allowed in schools etc.

When I got a little bit older we would all take our airguns out in the fields and take turns using each others rifles or pistols. Now in Scotland there are laws the people have to have LICENSES FOR AIRGUNS AND BLACK WIDOW CATPULTS.

That's why I always laugh when some dunce claims "nobody is trying to take guns in America". They are, they're just doing it slowly.

Last week I overheard a conversation between a group of mother who had all banned their kids from having toy guns and had even taken away toy guns that their kids had been given as gifts.

Sometimes humanity just disgusts me.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users