Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* - - - - 1 votes

The Problem with Magick

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#16    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 3,955 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:37 PM

View PostBlue Star, on 30 September 2012 - 05:50 PM, said:

I really can't be bothered with you.
If you had bothered to read what I had written, you would have noted that I am in the process of research and exploration into these very things but no.

Saying that you are in the majority (Pretty much the entire world) is foolish, as really you don't come across to me as someone qualified to say so.
Even if you could prove that you were in the majority and that majority believed magic isn't real..... That, quite honestly wouldn't mean anything to me. Not when you consider such things as the long held belief that the world was flat or that.... Oh really, don't you get bored of being so bland?
There's a lot more people on this world than you and your narrow mindedness seems to be aware of.
I really can't be @rsed.

Oh ,I'm so glad you've been able to figure me out sooo well........
You "magic" is just a bunch of crap. Have fun with your pointless spells and and even more backward beliefs. I'm going to continue to live in the real world.

Edit: So you can't prove it, huh? Didn't think so.

Edited by Imaginarynumber1, 30 September 2012 - 06:39 PM.

"A cat has nine lives. For three he plays, for three he strays, and for the last three he stays."

July 17th, 2008 (Full moon the next night)

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

#17    monk 56

monk 56

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:10 PM

It has been a long day for me, so my thread is on second page, i would never be in dispute of Egyptian Dreams Forum, but what comes after, has little to do with forum. i have mentioned, no doubt you will find they are  barbed, i fully understand why...human concept after, is an area you may want to ponder, obviously, power is religion. humans do apply, in truth it has little to with Egyptians..much that is shown has much to do with how Religion was enforced....don't blame the ancient Egyptian religion, it got lost in power play a long time ago!

You may find me a puzzle, i'm not hard to decipher, treat me as a chess game. look up my thread on this forum, but please apply religious beliefs through the ages!!!

Edited by monk 56, 30 September 2012 - 07:11 PM.

#18    Quaentum

Quaentum

Psychic Spy

• 1,435 posts

• The number of fringe believers is inversely proportional to what is left to discover in our world.

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:30 PM

View PostKing Fluffs, on 30 September 2012 - 05:58 PM, said:

Well, when I personally dabbled in magic and the occult I remember carrying out a little something which indeed worked very well and thankfully had no noticeable negative side effects.

Are you sure there were no side effects?  You're looking kind of blue and furry.

AA LOGIC
They didn't use thousands of workers - oops forgot about the work camps
There's no evidence for ramps - You found one?...Bummer
Well we know they didn't use ancient tools to cut and shape the stones - Chisel marks?  Craps
I still say aliens built them!

#19    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

Spectating

• 4,729 posts

• I am Junior Chubb, son of the Chubb, father of Chubb III

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:36 PM

View PostKing Fluffs, on 30 September 2012 - 05:58 PM, said:

Well, when I personally dabbled in magic and the occult I remember carrying out a little something which indeed worked very well and thankfully had no noticeable negative side effects.

View PostQuaentum, on 01 October 2012 - 07:30 PM, said:

Are you sure there were no side effects?  You're looking kind of blue and furry.

Indeed Fluffs, you didn't look like that the other day, you looked much more hardcore. Have you lost your immortality? Don't dabble with that which you don't understand...

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to make me believe there's one all-powerful Force controlling everything. There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny. Anyway, it's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense.

#20    Halmista

Halmista

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 22 posts

• " It is our own weaknesses that define our strengths"

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:52 PM

Remember: " Magic is Science Unexplained"    
      In ancient times the use of "herbs" and basic chemical  reactions were considered magick
      If a man does surgery or any advanced medical technique in medieval times that man would be considered a witch

I suggest you read Aleistair Crowley's Magick in Theory and Practice
            It states that magick is a way of Achieving condition X if you fulfill Condition A which requires ingredients and formulas.
                       Basically it is more of a science than something mystical.  

:w00t:                Hope that helps

#21    King Fluffs

King Fluffs

The Resident Misanthrope

• 1,111 posts

• Shadows protect my angel in white...

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:56 PM

View PostJunior Chubb, on 01 October 2012 - 07:36 PM, said:

Indeed Fluffs, you didn't look like that the other day, you looked much more hardcore. Have you lost your immortality? Don't dabble with that which you don't understand...

I'm still an immortal reptilian. :lol:
I like changing my picture from time to time, it's kinda like a tradition.

#22    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,291 posts

• The greatest story ever told is Your story.

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:03 AM

View PostHalmista, on 01 October 2012 - 07:52 PM, said:

In ancient times the use of "herbs" and basic chemical  reactions were considered magick
  If a man does surgery or any advanced medical technique in medieval times that man would be considered a witch

It states that magick is a way of Achieving condition X if you fulfill Condition A which requires ingredients and formulas.

:w00t: Hope that helps

I wonder if scientific thinking comes from the air...

or even the unexplained scientific process

The letter kills but The Spirit gives life. 2 Corinthians 3:6

Non-ambiguity and non-contradiction are one sided and thus unsuited to express the incomprehensible. -Jung

#23    Dying Seraph

Dying Seraph

Lucifer Rising

• 1,424 posts

• ~"Blessed are we who laugh at ourselves for we never cease to be amused!"~

~"The best way to make our dreams come true is to wake up!~"-Paul Valery

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:26 AM

View PostBlueogre2, on 29 September 2012 - 04:08 AM, said:

Greetings, forum. It has come to my attention that Magick, is a rather useless thing. I am not saying that it does not work. I do believe that it does but the effects seem to be rather unpredictable and limited in it's practicality. Furthermore their is the problem of negative spirits which every person who involves themselves in this practice eventually encounters. But I am interested in hearing what other people think
Greetings Blue...,
It is my stance that energy permeates all around us. And that we have the potential to tap into it. This view is nothing new. Consider ancient religions. The Bible itself has many magical aspects throughout the whole books and many magicians were in competition amongst one another (ie Simon Magus, Jesus, etc). The Babylonians were very much influenced by Astrology and the notion of "as above, so below." Egyptians and Tibetans have their own books of magic as do other regions. Certainly magic is nothing new. Magic is everywhere and in different guises, be it tarot, astrology, numerology, alchemy, etc. etc. etc. and more importantly in the "self." The brain is the most potent thing we have. The body the spirit in which to chanel such energy in. After all we have the ability to manifest something as amazing as God/s.

View PostHalmista, on 01 October 2012 - 07:52 PM, said:

:w00t: Hope that helps

As an addendum if interested Eliphas Levi (while biased to his views of Catholism--then again doesn't everyone have an agenda?), still presents some of the most romantic, and in depth studies into magic up to date.

SINcerely,
:devil:

Edited by Dying Seraph, 02 October 2012 - 12:27 AM.

"The angel of self-deceit is camped in the souls of the "Righteous"--The eternal flame of power through joy dwellith within the flesh of the Satanist!"--Anton Szandor LaVey

"Tis' true my form is something odd but blaming me is blaming God. Could I create myself anew, I would not fail in pleasing you. If I could reach from pole to pole or grasp the ocean with a span, I would be measured by the soul. The mind's the standard of the man."--Isaac Watts

#24    Ryu

Ryu

Born to fail.

• 3,383 posts

• Just because I do not agree doesn't mean I don't understand.

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:50 AM

To be honest I never seen magic as being real; it is a nice dream but I never seen any magic work...ever.

It's sort of like this video I watched about faeries, there was this one so-called "expert" who claimed to see them then proceeded to emphatically claim there was one just a few feet away and points to...empty space.
He then calims that if you don't believe in faeries then you cannot see them.

That's like saying if you don't believe in elephants then you can never see them...until they squash you flat.

#25    Dying Seraph

Dying Seraph

Lucifer Rising

• 1,424 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:07 PM

View PostRyu, on 02 October 2012 - 12:50 AM, said:

To be honest I never seen magic as being real; it is a nice dream but I never seen any magic work...ever.

It's sort of like this video I watched about faeries, there was this one so-called "expert" who claimed to see them then proceeded to emphatically claim there was one just a few feet away and points to...empty space.
He then calims that if you don't believe in faeries then you cannot see them.

That's like saying if you don't believe in elephants then you can never see them...until they squash you flat.

Greetings Ryu,
It is becoming more and more accepted that one of the greatest scientific minds in Isaac Newton's work on the laws of light and theory of gravity were quite possibly inspired by his alchemical works (ie his creation in alchemical process of "the net" and examining it for hours). His own alchemical notes convey as much. Recorded in history is Newtons own very dangerous alchemical experiments on himself at the risk of his eyesite to prove that in darkness lies not darkness but a broad spectrum of colors.

Never underestimate the power of the "placebo effect." :lol: <_< In other words what you and I may consider smething as simple as a hug and the chemicle reaction that arises in our brain from it...to some the feeling/energy one recieves from such a simple act is "magical." :) Thus magic can be found even in the most mundane of things. And with that said it certainly pends on just what the individual themself defines as magic and thusly puts their own restrictions/limitations as to what could qualify as magic.

SINcerely,

"The angel of self-deceit is camped in the souls of the "Righteous"--The eternal flame of power through joy dwellith within the flesh of the Satanist!"--Anton Szandor LaVey

"Tis' true my form is something odd but blaming me is blaming God. Could I create myself anew, I would not fail in pleasing you. If I could reach from pole to pole or grasp the ocean with a span, I would be measured by the soul. The mind's the standard of the man."--Isaac Watts

#26    Blueogre2

Blueogre2

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:58 PM

View PostBlue Star, on 29 September 2012 - 07:31 PM, said:

Useless = No, it has worked for me countless times, far too many times to list, more often than not, I would be brave enough to say.
Unpredictable = May be at first, because of lack of practise, understanding of certain key point/elements which make up the whole or arrogance, ignorance, even the timings.... All play their part.
Limited = I am not sure I am still working on a few things that as yet have not been made manifest but as I said there are timings to these things. Somethings take time. So, limited...I am still researching into it and can not say with clarity that it is limited.
Practicality = I do not find it impractical....How do you mean exactly?
Problem of negative spirits = Hmmmmmm, just walk down the street, listen to a conversation at work or at the bus stop...Where ever what ever you do or go, there is someone negative, spewing negativity, don't need some shadowy spirit to blame....But really, i need you to be a bit clearer about these negative spirits of which you speak. To be able to answer more fully.
I think i have covered all your point.
Greetings Blue Star. When I said practicality I was basically talking about the fact that Magic can't cure cancer or make a person rich, ya know big stuff like that. As for negative spirits I mean those hostile beings that often show up when humans begin using magic. Thats why banishing rituals are needed.

#27    Blueogre2

Blueogre2

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:05 PM

View PostMr Walker, on 30 September 2012 - 05:16 AM, said:

I dont call it magic but something very similar is a very important and powerful part of my life. I dont find it trivial or limited. It works as well as machines do,  and nature does. One just has to understand it, make oneself a part of it, and utilise it.

PArt of my understanding, is that i am never negative. I cant be. There are no doubts, or worries,  or fears, to hold me back. MAybe thats why magic works so well and consistently for me. I know it exists. I know it works, and so it does.

But as i said; to me its not magic but miracle. The power(s) granted through being a part of the universe /cosmic consciousness/god.

This power/magic permeates me and the universe, and makes many things possible.
Greetings Mr. Walker. I see you a have a unique point of view on magic, would you care to expand upon it a little bit more. For example what system do you follow Chaos? Wicca, Ceremonial or have you created your own special path?

#28    Blueogre2

Blueogre2

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:06 PM

View PostDying Seraph, on 02 October 2012 - 12:26 AM, said:

Greetings Blue...,
It is my stance that energy permeates all around us. And that we have the potential to tap into it. This view is nothing new. Consider ancient religions. The Bible itself has many magical aspects throughout the whole books and many magicians were in competition amongst one another (ie Simon Magus, Jesus, etc). The Babylonians were very much influenced by Astrology and the notion of "as above, so below." Egyptians and Tibetans have their own books of magic as do other regions. Certainly magic is nothing new. Magic is everywhere and in different guises, be it tarot, astrology, numerology, alchemy, etc. etc. etc. and more importantly in the "self." The brain is the most potent thing we have. The body the spirit in which to chanel such energy in. After all we have the ability to manifest something as amazing as God/s.

As an addendum if interested Eliphas Levi (while biased to his views of Catholism--then again doesn't everyone have an agenda?), still presents some of the most romantic, and in depth studies into magic up to date.

SINcerely,
Interesting, so then do you think that magic is simply natural? And if so then how come no miraculous events like healings and people becoming rich through spellcraft?

#29    Dying Seraph

Dying Seraph

Lucifer Rising

• 1,424 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:30 PM

View PostBlueogre2, on 02 October 2012 - 10:06 PM, said:

Interesting, so then do you think that magic is simply natural? And if so then how come no miraculous events like healings and people becoming rich through spellcraft?

Greetings Blue,
I can't help but feel you are looking for "magic" in all the wrong areas and negate the potential within. First you underestimate the power of a good hug or a kiss from a loved one. That is instant healing perse right there. Secondly, as far as people becoming rich through spellcraft again you are negligent I feel if you'll indulge me. It is much more simple than you think. To put it very simple, thinking is believing. IF the individual sees the potential in themself and makes "magical" chants of positive affirmation to themselves (not to gods, devils, angels, etc.) then the possibilties and potential of the individual are endless. People become rich every day through the power of the magic of "self-belief," self confidence" call it what you will.

SINcerely,

#30    Blueogre2

Blueogre2

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:39 PM

View PostDying Seraph, on 02 October 2012 - 10:30 PM, said:

Greetings Blue,
I can't help but feel you are looking for "magic" in all the wrong areas and negate the potential within. First you underestimate the power of a good hug or a kiss from a loved one. That is instant healing perse right there. Secondly, as far as people becoming rich through spellcraft again you are negligent I feel if you'll indulge me. It is much more simple than you think. To put it very simple, thinking is believing. IF the individual sees the potential in themself and makes "magical" chants of positive affirmation to themselves (not to gods, devils, angels, etc.) then the possibilties and potential of the individual are endless. People become rich every day through the power of the magic of "self-belief," self confidence" call it what you will.

SINcerely,
Yes, I know of what you speak, I have a slight interest in New Thought techniques as well. But, what I am more interested in is power to change reality not just my perception

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users