Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Sasquatch DNA Study Announcement

• Please log in to reply
274 replies to this topic

#211    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,346 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:11 PM

View Postcormac mac airt, on 12 December 2012 - 08:09 PM, said:

Her whole claim is starting to look like a "wish-sandwich".

cormac

Looked that way starting 5 years ago to me...." Bigfoot Steak ", that was the most laughable thing ever.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#212    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,597 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:14 PM

View PostSakari, on 12 December 2012 - 08:11 PM, said:

Looked that way starting 5 years ago to me...." Bigfoot Steak ", that was the most laughable thing ever.

Looks like I saved myself some time. :lol:  I usually don't involve myself with genetics studies which are quite obviously not going to pan out.

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#213    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,346 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:18 PM

View Postcormac mac airt, on 12 December 2012 - 08:14 PM, said:

Looks like I saved myself some time. :lol:  I usually don't involve myself with genetics studies which are quite obviously not going to pan out.

cormac

I find it aggravating that these people actually make money off of this. I thought scamming was illegal?

I wish someone would put funding towards prosecuting these people. ( but again, channels like Animal Planet / History, etc. would be defendants.)

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#214    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 18,298 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:21 PM

I don't think Ketchum is out quite yet. Can't you simply reorganize and edit your paper and resubmit for Peer Review? We don't know why they refused it, do we? Officially? Anyway, isn't it being sent to Russia then to be Published? We all know the level of stuff that gets actually published in Russia, so it will likely see the light of day there.

I for one would like to read it.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#215    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,597 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:25 PM

View PostSakari, on 12 December 2012 - 08:18 PM, said:

I find it aggravating that these people actually make money off of this. I thought scamming was illegal?

I wish someone would put funding towards prosecuting these people. ( but again, channels like Animal Planet / History, etc. would be defendants.)

Attached File  No cure for stupid.jpg   33.4K   13 downloads

Sad, but true.

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#216    evancj

evancj

Poltergeist

• 2,767 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:46 AM

View PostInsanity, on 12 December 2012 - 08:11 PM, said:

Honestly, there was a leak that Ketchum's findings were rejected during peer review, and now a leak that perhaps that may not be the case?
I'd be happy with some official report, regardless of the results, rather then leaks.

This how she keeps her freak show rolling along for all these years.

Edited by evancj, 13 December 2012 - 02:30 AM.

#217    evancj

evancj

Poltergeist

• 2,767 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:27 AM

View PostNight Walker, on 12 December 2012 - 05:34 AM, said:

Posted Image

:w00t:  I almost spit my beer out because of this...and that would have been alcohol abuse.

#218    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,554 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:29 AM

View PostDieChecker, on 12 December 2012 - 08:21 PM, said:

I don't think Ketchum is out quite yet. Can't you simply reorganize and edit your paper and resubmit for Peer Review? We don't know why they refused it, do we? Officially? Anyway, isn't it being sent to Russia then to be Published? We all know the level of stuff that gets actually published in Russia, so it will likely see the light of day there.

I for one would like to read it.

I'll keep an eye out on Pravda for you ;)

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#219    orangepeaceful79

orangepeaceful79

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 03:29 PM

View PostNeognosis, on 08 December 2012 - 02:33 PM, said:

the paper failed peer review.

end of story.

Peer review exists so that people cannot publish claims without properly collected and analyzed data.

She had no properly collected and analyzed data. End of story.

Occam's Razor would support exactly what you are saying.  We can speculate all we like, but at the end of the day there is no properly collected and analyzed data.  If Bigfoots are real and they are ever to be categorized by science, then they and their supporters are going to have to play by the same rules that every other animal found by every other researcher ever in the history of Biology has had to follow.

Anything else - this recent episode is a perfect example - is an EPIC science FAIL.

#220    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,536 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:06 AM

We all know what the believers are going to say about the peer review rejecting Melba's findings "the soulless minions of orthodoxy are again hiding the truth"
Because nothing panders to a persecution complex then being told "it's rubbish" by someone in a position of authority.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#221    Hawkin

Hawkin

LiverEatenJohnson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,681 posts

• Some say he is dead.
    Some say he will never be.

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:05 AM

I'm in a grey area with this phenomena. I'm not one to quickly debunk but not too sure to believe. after all, the Saola aka Asian Unicorn was discovered in the jungles of southeast asia in the 1990's. Westerners never knew about it until then but the locals always knew of it's existence. It could be possible a Bigfoot exist.

#222    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,346 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:08 AM

View PostMag357, on 05 January 2013 - 04:05 AM, said:

I'm in a grey area with this phenomena. I'm not one to quickly debunk but not too sure to believe. after all, the Saola aka Asian Unicorn was discovered in the jungles of southeast asia in the 1990's. Westerners never knew about it until then but the locals always knew of it's existence. It could be possible a Bigfoot exist.

Were people reporting seeing those all around the world?...Hundreds if not thousands of reports a year?

Or were they stumbled across in a remote area, and only live there?

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#223    hooko22

hooko22

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 239 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:15 AM

View PostSakari, on 12 December 2012 - 08:11 PM, said:

Oh damn you. For some reason after reading that I have the image of a steak in my mind, my brain going over and over it how it would be. For some reason I just see hairy meat. Yuck. Yea I know that makes no sense!

Posted Image

#224    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:09 PM

There's two things in the world you can't fix; stupidity and poverty.

So...this is a very stunning find and one that will reshape the scientific mind and community (if it's true, of course)
So why isn't this a bigger deal?

Because the entire world of Bigfoot seeking groups is packed full of liars, charlatans, con men, and people who simply get off duping others. Anyone with an ounce of actual credibility would be smart to stay completely away from it until such time as real evidence comes forward. Then what will happen all the guys with piles of letters after their names will take over and suddenly become the "world's fore most authority". Oh and the people who have all the TV shows, radio shows, websites and such will need to get real jobs. Hey! I don't make the rules, the world does. I just live here.

#225    Supersquatch

Supersquatch

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 486 posts

• Supersquatch powers, activate!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:54 PM

I don't trust scientific studies until they are published.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users