Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Nostradamus and the pole shift

leowh

The Great Pyramid of Giza is located 60° south of the North Pole and 30° north of the equator. In Robertino Solàrion’s 2004 book ‘Planet X Nibiru: Slow-Motion Doomsday’ he utilises the Great Pyramid of Giza as a pivot point and theorises that in the next pole shift the Great Pyramid of Giza will remain 60° south of the new North Pole and 30° north of the new equator. After the publication of his book he subsequently revised his theory in his articles ‘The Polar Pivotal Axis’ and ‘North & South Polar Axial Zones’ located on his website.

“Thus, the next North Pole should be located more in the vicinity of Lake Baikal in Siberia, rather than slightly south of the Mongolia-China border. Likewise, the next South Pole should be located more southerly off the Chilean coast of Patagonia, rather than this more central Chilean location.”

http://www.slowmotiondoomsday.com/polarpivot.html

http://www.slowmotiondoomsday.com/polarzones.html

Draw a Great Circle radius with a distance of 23.5° around Lake Baikal in Russia, near the border with Mongolia, to represent the Arctic Circle. All of Asian Russia from the Ural Mountains in the West, to the Laptev Sea in the North, to the Sea of Okhotsk in the East, falls within this Arctic Circle. To the South, four-fifth of the northern part of China falls within this Arctic Circle.

Nostradamus’s Century 6, Quatrain 21

Quant ceux du polle arctic unis ensemble,

Et Orient grand effrayeur & craints:

Esleu nouveau, soustenu le grand tremble,

Rodes, Bisence de sang Barbare teincte.

When those of the arctic pole are united together,

Great terror and fear in the East:

Newly elected, the great trembling supported,

Rhodes, Byzantium stained with Barbarian blood.

If the North Pole shifts to the Lake Baikal region then China and Russia will become the countries of the ‘arctic pole.’ This is my own interpretation of this quatrain. Did Nostradamus visualise the new location of the North Pole ‘in the East’ post-21 December 2012?

Nostradamus was nothing but a charlatain of his time. His "writings" have been interpreted so many different ways over the years I could probably find a quatrain that would forcast my next fart. Anyone that puts any faith into his works as fortune telling is a bit off in my opinion.

• Like 9

Nostradamus was nothing but a charlatain of his time. His "writings" have been interpreted so many different ways over the years I could probably find a quatrain that would forcast my next fart. Anyone that puts any faith into his works as fortune telling is a bit off in my opinion.

Boom. ;)

The Great Pyramid of Giza is located 60° south of the North Pole and 30° north of the equator. In Robertino Solàrion’s 2004 book ‘Planet X Nibiru: Slow-Motion Doomsday’ he utilises the Great Pyramid of Giza as a pivot point and theorises that in the next pole shift the Great Pyramid of Giza will remain 60° south of the new North Pole and 30° north of the new equator. After the publication of his book he subsequently revised his theory in his articles ‘The Polar Pivotal Axis’ and ‘North & South Polar Axial Zones’ located on his website.

“Thus, the next North Pole should be located more in the vicinity of Lake Baikal in Siberia, rather than slightly south of the Mongolia-China border. Likewise, the next South Pole should be located more southerly off the Chilean coast of Patagonia, rather than this more central Chilean location.”

Draw a Great Circle radius with a distance of 23.5° around Lake Baikal in Russia, near the border with Mongolia, to represent the Arctic Circle. All of Asian Russia from the Ural Mountains in the West, to the Laptev Sea in the North, to the Sea of Okhotsk in the East, falls within this Arctic Circle. To the South, four-fifth of the northern part of China falls within this Arctic Circle.

If the North Pole shifts to the Lake Baikal region then China and Russia will become the countries of the ‘arctic pole.’ This is my own interpretation of this quatrain. Did Nostradamus visualise the new location of the North Pole ‘in the East’ post-21 December 2012?

WELCOME aboard leowh , :) ... i don't know much about Nostradamus , i just wanted to say that when we talk about poles, there are two sets. The ones that mark the top and bottom of earth's tilted axis, which are believed to be fixed in their positions, and the Magnetic poles which slowly wander about and are, i think, occasionally capable of reversing polarity ? The Scenario you describe has the magnetic poles relatively close to their current positions , so would that be considered a pole "shift" ?

As soon as i saw this

"In Robertino Solàrion’s 2004 book ‘Planet X Nibiru: Slow-Motion Doomsday’ "

I lost faith, not to take away from any valid point that may be present.

is there a link to buy the book?

Thanks,

Nibiru huh..

the Great Pyramid of Giza as a pivot point and theorises that in the next pole shift the Great Pyramid of Giza will remain 60° south of the new North Pole and 30° north of the new equator.

Literally meaningless. The magnetic poles have nothing to do with the equator.

• Like 4

Grey14

Thankfully it's only your opinion. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. My opinion and the opinion of many people in the world is totally different. I think that Nostradamus was the greatest seer of all times. As regards the year 2012 he foretold the resetting of a man's memory:

http://www.andrzejstruski.com/articles_201_Nostradamus-foretells-resetting-of-a-mans-consciousness.html

He foretold long sparks running from the Sun: http://www.andrzejstruski.com/articles_204_Nostradamus-foretells-in-2012-long-sparks-running-from-the-Sun.html

He also foretold the coming of “one male” in Nostradamus Vatinicia Code.

Grey14

Thankfully it's only your opinion. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. My opinion and the opinion of many people in the world is totally different. I think that Nostradamus was the greatest seer of all times. As regards the year 2012 he foretold the resetting of a man's memory:

http://www.andrzejst...sciousness.html

He foretold long sparks running from the Sun: http://www.andrzejst...om-the-Sun.html

He also foretold the coming of “one male” in Nostradamus Vatinicia Code.

Wow just Wow

Double-facepalm.jpg

• Like 3

The poles have shifted before.. it can happen again.

thats true. And the poles will shift again. It is a cycle that the earth goes through. However that change happens over the course of thousands if not tens of thousands of years. It just doesnt happen overnight. And when it does shift there is no evidence that it will cause castotrophic effects.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geomagnetic_reversal

• Like 2

couldn't really see anything linking it with pole shifts ..other than 'trembling'

..the barbarian reference [to me] just suggests something political? (and nasty by the sounds of all that blood)

what was with all that other info..?

..is this the same nostradamus who used the rosehips to combat the effects of the plague? ..or has that been poo-pooed now?

sandimashighschoolfootballteamrules!

Hard to take anything from Nostrodamus seriously.

I remember watching a special back in the early 80's i believe where they pointed to a quatrain that said the sky would burn at blah blah blah, indicating NYC was going to be nuked in 1999.

then 9/11 happened and everyone pointed to the same quatrain as evidence that he was right.

Sorry, but until he "predicts" something useful BEFORE it happens, the guy is a loser.

How people can continuously look to his writings for prophecy is beyond me.

Personally, i think people like to just be scared.

Look at all the people freaking out about Dec 21,2012.

• Like 3

thats true. And the poles will shift again. It is a cycle that the earth goes through. However that change happens over the course of thousands if not tens of thousands of years. It just doesnt happen overnight. And when it does shift there is no evidence that it will cause castotrophic effects.

http://en.wikipedia....gnetic_reversal

This is a great read an magnetic reversals:

http://www.eurekaler...c-mpr113011.php

I sit on the fence with Nostradamos. I just have no reason to make an opinion on him yet.

I do, however, put SOME faith in Edgar Cayce and his pole-shift thinking, via John White's book.

This is also a good read:

http://phys.org/news75725492.html

Planet Earth may have 'tilted' to keep its balance

August 25, 2006

Planet Earth may have 'tilted' to keep its balance August 25, 2006 Planet Earth may have 'tilted' to keep its balance Imagine a shift in the Earth so profound that it could force our entire planet to spin on its side after a few million years, tilting it so far that Alaska would sit at the equator. Princeton scientists have now provided the first compelling evidence that this kind of major shift may have happened in our world's distant past.

Read more at: http://phys.org/news75725492.html#jCp

Edited by regeneratia

Hard to take anything from Nostrodamus seriously.

I remember watching a special back in the early 80's i believe where they pointed to a quatrain that said the sky would burn at blah blah blah, indicating NYC was going to be nuked in 1999.

then 9/11 happened and everyone pointed to the same quatrain as evidence that he was right.

Sorry, but until he "predicts" something useful BEFORE it happens, the guy is a loser.

How people can continuously look to his writings for prophecy is beyond me.

Personally, i think people like to just be scared.

Look at all the people freaking out about Dec 21,2012.

Deloros Cannon may have the answer to that one.

This is a great read an magnetic reversals:

http://www.eurekaler...c-mpr113011.php

I sit on the fence with Nostradamos. I just have no reason to make an opinion on him yet.

I do, however, put SOME faith in Edgar Cayce and his pole-shift thinking, via John White's book.

This is also a good read:

http://phys.org/news75725492.html

Planet Earth may have 'tilted' to keep its balance

August 25, 2006

Planet Earth may have 'tilted' to keep its balance August 25, 2006 Planet Earth may have 'tilted' to keep its balance Imagine a shift in the Earth so profound that it could force our entire planet to spin on its side after a few million years, tilting it so far that Alaska would sit at the equator. Princeton scientists have now provided the first compelling evidence that this kind of major shift may have happened in our world's distant past.

Read more at: http://phys.org/news75725492.html#jCp

Pole shift and earth tilt have nothing to do with each other. It even says as much in the article you posted.

• Like 1

I have read on the internet that some people say that for the previous pole shift Edgar Cayce said there was a 180° shift and that for the next pole shift Edgar Cayce predicted either a 180°, 16°, or 17° shift.

90° - 17° = 73°

An angle of 17° measured from the core of the earth and utilising the lines of latitude with the North Pole located at 90° North latitude would put the new North Pole somewhere along the 73° North latitude radius. This line of latitude passes through Canada, Greenland, and Russia. On the internet people say that Edgar Cayce predicted a 17° pole shift into Russia or northern Russia. Where exactly does Edgar Cayce predict this in his Readings? I cannot find an original reference source for this.

John Van Auken’s article ‘Edgar Cayce’s Axis Pole Shift’ on the Edgar Cayce’s Association for Research and Enlightment (A.R.E.) website says that the North Pole used to point toward the star Thuban in the Draco constellation and that the North Pole shifted to its present location to point toward the star Polaris in the Ursa Minor constellation. According to Van Auken this was a pole shift of 26°.

http://www.edgarcayce.org/are/blog.aspx?id=3030

90° - 26° = 64°

This means that the North Pole used to be located somewhere along the 64° North latitude radius.

John Van Auken says that in the next pole shift the North Pole will point toward the star Vega in the Lyra constellation. According to Van Auken this will be a pole shift of 51°.

90° - 51° = 39°

This will put the North Pole somewhere along the 39° North latitude radius.

In Edgar Cayce’s pole shift predictions he said that “This is a gradual, not a cataclysmic, activity in the experience of the earth in this period.” Perhaps the North Pole will first shift 17° to the 73° North latitude and then slowly, over a period of time, shift downward to the 39° North latitude.

Edited by leowh
  • Like 1

Wow, you have done some real thinking on this. I remain meek on this subject and cannot meet your level of math calculations. What I will do is follow this thread and read awhat you have to say.

I don't think I can help you iron out this issue. I am not equipt for it.

I have believed in Cayce's reflections for decades now. But I look at it from a more global aspect (not location but as applied to mental conception), at the macro level.

While I have been aware of Nostradamos for nearly all my life (Am 52), I have never invested emotional or mental effort into him and his quantrains.

I have read on the internet that some people say that for the previous pole shift Edgar Cayce said there was a 180° shift and that for the next pole shift Edgar Cayce predicted either a 180°, 16°, or 17° shift.

90° - 17° = 73°

An angle of 17° measured from the core of the earth and utilising the lines of latitude with the North Pole located at 90° North latitude would put the new North Pole somewhere along the 73° North latitude radius. This line of latitude passes through Canada, Greenland, and Russia. On the internet people say that Edgar Cayce predicted a 17° pole shift into Russia or northern Russia. Where exactly does Edgar Cayce predict this in his Readings? I cannot find an original reference source for this.

John Van Auken’s article ‘Edgar Cayce’s Axis Pole Shift’ on the Edgar Cayce’s Association for Research and Enlightment (A.R.E.) website says that the North Pole used to point toward the star Thuban in the Draco constellation and that the North Pole shifted to its present location to point toward the star Polaris in the Ursa Minor constellation. According to Van Auken this was a pole shift of 26°.

http://www.edgarcayce.org/are/blog.aspx?id=3030

90° - 26° = 64°

This means that the North Pole used to be located somewhere along the 64° North latitude radius.

John Van Auken says that in the next pole shift the North Pole will point toward the star Vega in the Lyra constellation. According to Van Auken this will be a pole shift of 51°.

90° - 51° = 39°

This will put the North Pole somewhere along the 39° North latitude radius.

In Edgar Cayce’s pole shift predictions he said that “This is a gradual, not a cataclysmic, activity in the experience of the earth in this period.” Perhaps the North Pole will first shift 17° to the 73° North latitude and then slowly, over a period of time, shift downward to the 39° North latitude.

Edited by regeneratia

Pole shift and earth tilt have nothing to do with each other. It even says as much in the article you posted.

I don't get you.

I don't get you.

You said:

Planet Earth may have 'tilted' to keep its balance August 25, 2006 Planet Earth may have 'tilted' to keep its balance Imagine a shift in the Earth so profound that it could force our entire planet to spin on its side after a few million years, tilting it so far that Alaska would sit at the equator. Princeton scientists have now provided the first compelling evidence that this kind of major shift may have happened in our world's distant past

The magnetic pole and physical equator of the earth have nothing to do with each other.

Wow, you have done some real thinking on this. I remain meek on this subject and cannot meet your level of math calculations. What I will do is follow this thread and read awhat you have to say.

I’m trying to figure out where the North Pole will end up in the next pole shift. The below information that I used to make my mathematical calculations is taken from Peter Thomson's discussions board on his website. Apparently he's a scientist in the U.K. His blog seems to be a dead post as one cannot reply to the posts and the last post shown was in 2006.

Some people think that Mount Kenya in East Africa will be a pivot point for the next pole shift and that Greenland will rotate to the equator along a line of longitude through Greenland. I don’t know where this idea of Mount Kenya being a pivot point originates from though. The pivot points will be the safest points since they will have the least rotation in a pole shift. In the earth crustal displacement theory the crust of the earth would rotate as a whole over the liquid magma layer of the earth’s core.

From Wikipedia, Mount Kenya has coordinates 0° 9’ S, 37° 18’ E, or 0.15° S, 37.3° E.

180° - 37.3° = 142.7°

Its antipode pivot point would have coordinates 0.15° N, 142.7° W, which is located in the Pacific Ocean with the nearest land being the Marquesas Islands.

90° - 37.3° = 52.7°

90° + 37.3° = 127.3°

If Greenland rotates to the equator, it would need to rotate along the 52.7° W longitude, which passes through the west coast of Greenland. The North Pole would then need to travel along the 127.3° E longitude, which passes through the Laptev Sea in northern Russia.

The North Pole is located at 90° N latitude and from Wikipedia, Greenland has coordinates 72° N, 40° W.

90° - 72° = 18°

In the earth crustal displacement theory if Greenland rotates a distance of 72° to the equator then the land on the other side of the hemisphere would need to rotate an equal distance to the North Pole. This would put the new North Pole at coordinates 18° N, 127.3° E, which is located in the Philippine Sea. Its antipode South Pole would then have coordinates 18° S, 52.7° W, which is located in the state of Goiás in Brazil.

http://www.peter-thomson.com/messageboard/15000_to_5000_years_ago/discussionsystemindex.pl?id=792&forum=15000_to_5000_years_ago&topic=rotational%20axis%20shift

http://www.peter-thomson.co.uk/messageboard/15000_to_5000_years_ago/discussionsystemindex.pl?forum=15000_to_5000_years_ago&topic=Your%20pivot%20point&asearch=asearch&showdate=checked

Edited by leowh